• 15(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
oldpainless Wrote:It depends on what you are after. The PVD9 codec provides dxva for mpeg2 material. There is also the post by zilexa (which I need to add to the header), which adds hardware deinterlacing when playing MPEG-2 material using ffdshow (see here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...ost522039].

So, I guess depends on what you are looking for.

K

Conerted to .ts and tried rule for powerdvd video codec, but not much difference.

Also tried settings found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=521...tcount=134

But not much difference. Cpu at 50-60%, tried standard player and cpu at 30% but still a little blocky picture.

maybe use standalone powerdvd for those mpeg 2 large files
@ bananaman, when I open my video library and scroll, cpu goes around 50-65% and stays that way. No matter what I do, even when playing video with DXVA.
When I open the library and start the first movie, cpu doesn't go wild yet, cpu usage is very low using DXVA.
I know this is a trunk issue. Perhaps the same for you? Also check different renderer/scalers (click the video icon during playback).
zilexa Wrote:NEW subject: I am using a 780G igp (Ati HD3200). I am sure there are PLENTY of XBMC Windows users with the same hardware. Anyone ever tried AMD Avivo decoder?

Because AMD and ATI have been shouting it will give you hardware acceleration playing back both VC-1 and H.264 and MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 (and WMV?) ! Also it is suppose to provide the best image quality.

Since DSPlayer gives us the option of using other decoders, is anyone interested in trying? I have no idea how to get Avivo working with DSplayer, don't know if its possible..

zilexa - don't get too disillusioned,wanna try PWDVD without downloading trial and extracting - Google HD Pack 2.3.
steelman1991 Wrote:zilexa - don't get too disillusioned,wanna try PWDVD without downloading trial and extracting - Google HD Pack 2.3.

Don't get too disillusioned about Avivo? I googled a bit but couldn't find alot of people actually using it. One guy mentioned in a forum Avivo needs very specific FOURCC and is therefore not very practical to use.

Actually after posting my results using ffdshow, I did started to download PDVD10 Smile will test later this weekend.
But thanks for the HD pack tip, it's a lot easier to download that.
zilexa Wrote:Don't get too disillusioned about Avivo? I googled a bit but couldn't find alot of people actually using it. One guy mentioned in a forum Avivo needs very specific FOURCC and is therefore not very practical to use.

Actually after posting my results using ffdshow, I did started to download PDVD10 Smile will test later this weekend.
But thanks for the HD pack tip, it's a lot easier to download that.

No I was referring to your post about ffdshow and how disappointing the results were. Sorry should have made that clearer.
Ok thanks.

BTW I didn't know Cyberlink could also decode H.264 and VC-1. Not sure if this means it will eat most .MKV files (wich used x264 encoder I guess). And it seems Cyberlink has specific .dlls for different versions of SSE.
Seems I can do more testing to see if there is any difference in image quality and cpu usage between Cyberlink and MPC decoder/ffdshowdxva.
Knock yourself out mate - personally I've tried a whole stream of 'try this one the picture quality's far superior' and each time I have to say that I've been as disappointed after as I was excited before to try the all new super duper codec/player (with the exception of dsplayer obviously).

I run my media now through an Nvidia GT240 to a Pioneer 5090 plasma and personally I see little difference in picture quality irrespective of which combinations I choose (at the moment dsplayer and standard config mpcvideodec, PDVD for mpeg). I'm talking picture quality not CPU usage, abililty to skip/ff correctly etc..
Yeah that was my default setting as well when I used mpc hc and mediapostal. I guess I am just spending too much time on useless stuff!
zilexa Wrote:Yeah that was my default setting as well when I used mpc hc and mediapostal. I guess I am just spending too much time on useless stuff!

Yep we're perpetual tweakers. My OCD just cost me a new 5M HDMI and my mates plastering skills for 4 hours - had to open up a wall to sink a new cable, just to get a new GFX card to work properly Rolleyes
zilexa Wrote:@ bananaman, when I open my video library and scroll, cpu goes around 50-65% and stays that way. No matter what I do, even when playing video with DXVA.
When I open the library and start the first movie, cpu doesn't go wild yet, cpu usage is very low using DXVA.
I know this is a trunk issue. Perhaps the same for you? Also check different renderer/scalers (click the video icon during playback).

ive reverted back to an older dsplayer build before the larger cpu issues.

With the latest ones, some weeks back the cpu was very high and recentlyadded was broken on the skin used.

im on 27937, any later ones ive tried had the cpu and recentlyadded issue.

But the large 1080i transport stream files seems to be an issue
For me - tough call between the PVD9 and ARCsoft codec.....however, as the PVD9 supports DXVA for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2, I guess it wins....but I do prefer the ARc for PQ.

K

CORRECTION - Arc also supports Mpeg2 DXVA, as well as VC-1 and H.264...

LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
oldpainless Wrote:For me - tough call between the PVD9 and ARCsoft codec.....however, as the PVD9 supports DXVA for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2, I guess it wins....but I do prefer the ARc for PQ.

K

whats the guid for arcsoft? played the ts with powerdvd 10 and it seemed ok, but not with the xbmc with the guid for powerdvd.
bananaman Wrote:whats the guid for arcsoft? played the ts with powerdvd 10 and it seemed ok, but not with the xbmc with the guid for powerdvd.
arcsoft filters are not registered but they can be registered so here are the info:

"TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec\ASVid.ax"
ArcSoft Video Decoder
{B793E9A8-C53E-4845-9DE9-C32326EACCAD}

And just in case you want all the others from arcsoft
ArcText.ax
ArcSoft SubTitle Decoder
{0013B9C2-47CD-48B6-9814-FD5B952C0F7F}

ASAudio.ax
ArcSoft Audio Decoder
{1BFE85AC-1C05-457E-812A-E55D97FD25E5}

ASAudioHD.ax
ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
{1A89085B-B654-4ED8-8831-5AC629A05FF5}
bananaman Wrote:whats the guid for arcsoft? played the ts with powerdvd 10 and it seemed ok, but not with the xbmc with the guid for powerdvd.

Tiben has pretty much given you the info, but see here (from the wiki):

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Usin...r.27s_guid

That way you can install any codec/pack (did someone say hdpack 2.3 ?..lol), look up the guid and insert the info into the dsplayer xml. Big Grin

So the ARCsoft entry would be:

</filter>
<filter name="arcvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>ASVid.ax</path>
<guid>{B793E9A8-C53E-4845-9DE9-C32326EACCAD}</guid>
<osdname>ARCSoft Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Well yeah thats the easy stuff Tongue
Arcsoft also has subtitle decoder... is this necessary to use if you want subs using arcsoft video decoder? or will dsplayer play subs fine?
I just installed HD pack, only PDVD10, it has its own mpeg2 demuxer, is there any difference in using that one or default one (dvdnavigator).
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0