• 16(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
zilexa Wrote:Well yeah thats the easy stuff Tongue
Arcsoft also has subtitle decoder... is this necessary to use if you want subs using arcsoft video decoder? or will dsplayer play subs fine?
I just installed HD pack, only PDVD10, it has its own mpeg2 demuxer, is there any difference in using that one or default one (dvdnavigator).

I see...for you prehaps, not for a lot of folks. Subs are done in the renderer, and not the decoder anymore, so you should be able to use your decoder of choice and have subs - but I will check.

Don't know about the demuxer - give it a shot.

K

UPDATE:

Big GrinBig Grin
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
sergiocos Wrote:Yes, you're right. No subs, no scrapers, no addons in the addon area of xbmc... I cannot set the source of a folder (movies/tv series/music video), i can't update library or scan for new content, this mean that you can't add any new file to the library using 29309 build.

It's not the dsplayer build, the normal build is affected. Wink

Just to remind everybody, dsplayer build are available only for testing dsplayer, not for testing addons or skins or whatever! We have to merge from trunk regularly, otherwise it's a pain in the ass (you spend easily one or two days in order to successfully merge).

The major issue in the last build are solved (subtitles not displayed or displayed very big) and crash when using auto refresh rate. The vsync has been improved too. New build in about 1 hour!

EDIT: Online
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb, How would I re-enable the scrapers in the dsplayer build? I realize it is only for testing.. but when I install the test build it seems to break the library function of my standard release, even though they are in different directories.

Do you have a recommended fix? Would it be difficult to fix or enable in the next build? My libraries not working is driving me nuts!

Thanks!
skabyss Wrote:blinkseb, How would I re-enable the scrapers in the dsplayer build? I realize it is only for testing.. but when I install the test build it seems to break the library function of my standard release, even though they are in different directories.

Do you have a recommended fix? Would it be difficult to fix or enable in the next build? My libraries not working is driving me nuts!

Thanks!

I'm not working on the library, only on dsplayer. I absolutly don't know when it will be solved, but you'll have to wait.

AFAIK, there's no way that dsplayer breaks your library especially if it's on another directory. Don't forget that library is stored in appdata unless you're running xbmc with the "-p" command-line param.
Yea its strange, it definitely messes up my library options, but oddly enough only the video library (button to enable it in browser gets greyed out). I have gone through this before a couple months back and had to completely uninstall xbmc to get it to work again.. I really am stumped as to why it messes with the other install. Have any other user had this problem? Am I alone on this? Oo

EDIT:Just uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall both making sure each used it's own directory to store information, and lone behold the same problem occurred.. Looks like both builds are still using the appdata folder rather than it's own, so maybe there is another problem at work here..

Think I will just wait until you guys get the scraper issue fixed with your build... Too bad too because other than that it works beautifully for me!

Thanks for the great work!
skabyss Wrote:Think I will just wait until you guys get the scraper issue fixed with your build... Too bad too because other than that it works beautifully for me!

skabyss - just to confirm that issues wtih the scrapers etc have nothing whatsoever to do with the dsplayer build - but is a main trunk issue. You will be waiting a while if your waiting for Seb\Tiben repairing the scraper issue. No
skabyss Wrote:Yea its strange, it definitely messes up my library options, but oddly enough only the video library (button to enable it in browser gets greyed out). I have gone through this before a couple months back and had to completely uninstall xbmc to get it to work again.. I really am stumped as to why it messes with the other install. Have any other user had this problem? Am I alone on this? Oo

EDIT:Just uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall both making sure each used it's own directory to store information, and lone behold the same problem occurred.. Looks like both builds are still using the appdata folder rather than it's own, so maybe there is another problem at work here..

Think I will just wait until you guys get the scraper issue fixed with your build... Too bad too because other than that it works beautifully for me!

Are you ABSOLUTLY sure you're launching XBMC with the "-p" param? If not, it's totally normal that userdata are stored in appdata !
blinkseb Wrote:Are you ABSOLUTLY sure you're launching XBMC with the "-p" param? If not, it's totally normal that userdata are stored in appdata !

I had the same, after a full clean install, I accidentally deleted the shortcut used by my remote. Because of this, XBMC started without the -p parameter when using remote, and with -p parameter when using keyboard/mouse!
Pretty confusing things happened, because that way I had 2 'profiles'.
@blinkseb: when i described the behavior of the latest build, this was ment as a heads-up for other users. I didn't want to sound too pushy as I know the kind of work is behind this project and I really respect that.
I have an Aspire Revo 1600 with 2 GB RAM Nvidia ION video card

I just DLed and installed - XBMCSetup-Rev29334-dx.exe
over an existing install of 9.11

Tried using the default DVD and it stutters like crazy...

When I Play using dsplayer it get a blank/black screen with audio running...

Once started playing I cannot exit or use the mouse or switch to windowed mode (I need to kill XBMC using the task manager)

my debug log
http://pastebin.com/8u6QNCef

my dsplayer config (unchanged from default)
http://pastebin.com/2a6qkq02

anything else I can help with?
dabagboy Wrote:I have an Aspire Revo 1600 with 2 GB RAM Nvidia ION video card

I just DLed and installed - XBMCSetup-Rev29334-dx.exe
over an existing install of 9.11

Tried using the default DVD and it stutters like crazy...

When I Play using dsplayer it get a blank/black screen with audio running...

Once started playing I cannot exit or use the mouse or switch to windowed mode (I need to kill XBMC using the task manager)

my debug log
http://pastebin.com/8u6QNCef

my dsplayer config (unchanged from default)
http://pastebin.com/2a6qkq02

anything else I can help with?

Do you have either Adjust Frame Rate, or Synch to Screen, enabled in the systems settings, if you do - turn both off. Also ensure that mpc is correctly configured for playback - when in playback call up the xbmc OSD (On Screen Display) click on MPC Video Decoder and on the Codec Tab, make sure the file types are allocated correctly.

What type of file are you trying to play?
steelman1991 Wrote:Do you have either Adjust Frame Rate, or Synch to Screen, enabled in the systems settings, if you do - turn both off. Also ensure that mpc is correctly configured for playback - when in playback call up the xbmc OSD (On Screen Display) click on MPC Video Decoder and on the Codec Tab, make sure the file types are allocated correctly.

MKV files

how do I call up the OSD? the thing is totally non-responsive in playback
dabagboy Wrote:MKV files

how do I call up the OSD? the thing is totally non-responsive in playback
Did you check the other settings in the XBMC set-up screens - System\Video\Playback

Check these before playback

To access the OSD during playback.
Remote - press 'OK'
Keyboard - 'm'
Mouse - move over screen during playback.
Hi here

Reading this forum for 5 hours now, but did find any solution Sad

WHats bothering me is subtitles. Im using last build and mpc video decoder sets as default.

i CANT change size of font in SETTINGS menu below 16 Sad
Where i can fix this ? Im feeling kinda stupid.

I have installed MPC with k-lite codecs pack, but seems its setting wont affect on XBMC.

Or maybe there is some way to let ffdshow handling this subtitles via some record in dsfilterconfig.xml

please help
steelman1991 Wrote:Do you have either Adjust Frame Rate, or Synch to Screen, enabled in the systems settings, if you do - turn both off. Also ensure that mpc is correctly configured for playback - when in playback call up the xbmc OSD (On Screen Display) click on MPC Video Decoder and on the Codec Tab, make sure the file types are allocated correctly.

Turned off the Frame Rate, that had been on - no difference
Turned off the AV Sync that had been on - no difference

Cannot access OSD as the entire application locks up (unresponsive) during playback, I can hear audio but the mouse / keyboard / etc all nothing screen locks to black

steelman1991 Wrote:Did you check the other settings in the XBMC set-up screens - System\Video\Playback

Check these before playback

To access the OSD during playback.
Remote - press 'OK'
Keyboard - 'm'
Mouse - move over screen during playback.

Yes they are all off...
I read the WIKI but it looks like their is now a default dsfilterconfig, I have not touched it....I am using the context menu to "Play using" DSPlayer
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0