• 20(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
dabagboy Wrote:Wow, thanks?
"as much as I'm prepared to help you..." ...I'm not going to...

And believe it or not I've read the WIKI several times...but I'm not a coder and I really sort of hate codecs, they've always been a PITA with Windows...t

Also from that WIKI this:

was the reason for my Q about where? since Wiki's tend to become dated quickly with an app like this one....I'd read that and also a few posts here that clearly state that some files (and I recall this one) can be in the userdata directory.

Sorry for my frustration, I am grateful for the work and advise of this wiser than myself

-- on to your out on a limb I don't "think" it's a codec conflict as this whole OS was just installed within the past few weeks and I didn't think I installed any codecs intentionally (save defauts) and now Haali.
When i started the project i didnt even know what was directshow. You have no idea how much it can be frustrating to find where the freaking bug come from. Especially in a big project like this. Tongue
To answer your question yeah the wiki is outdated the dsfilterconfig is working like the playercorefactory is working the rules are overridden by the one in the userdata directory.
dabagboy Wrote:Wow, thanks?
"as much as I'm prepared to help you..." ...I'm not going to...

And believe it or not I've read the WIKI several times...but I'm not a coder and I really sort of hate codecs, they've always been a PITA with Windows...t

Also from that WIKI this:

was the reason for my Q about where? since Wiki's tend to become dated quickly with an app like this one....I'd read that and also a few posts here that clearly state that some files (and I recall this one) can be in the userdata directory.

Sorry for my frustration, I am grateful for the work and advise of this wiser than myself

-- on to your out on a limb I don't "think" it's a codec conflict as this whole OS was just installed within the past few weeks and I didn't think I installed any codecs intentionally (save defauts) and now Haali.

Lol - hope yournot insinuating that I'm a coder/codec expert, because if you knew me nothing could be further from the truth - everything I have learned about this project has been through user trial and error.

I stand by my previous assertion that the question posed is answered in the wiki, though I admit (and I'm sure both Tiben/Seb will agree) that it needs tidying up. Essentially there is a core location which is c:\program files\xbmc and below this the various folder sets that make up the programme. The User data location is for personalisation files and configurations which will override the file information in the core location, therefore if you haven't made any changes or placed anything in the user data folder, then you don't nee to concern yourself with it.

Down to business, So what essentially have you attempted since I last decided not to help you?, or are we still at the same point - it just doesn't work, I need help Big Grin

When you reply, could you provide details of your dsfilterconfig file, Do not copy drectly to here, but to pastebin or some other site. What build are you currenty running? From the snapshot - end of bug file you previously provided I noticed that ffdshow seems to be the default playback method - if so I would have to assume that it is an older build, as the newer ones comes with mpcvideodec as default setting.

On this basis, have you set-up ffdshow to playback the files, either in standard or dxva mode.

EDIT - Having considered your options it might be easier to start afresh on this issue - try downloading the most recent build - make no changes to the config file and see whether you get playback - as I said this build uses mpcvideodec as default and requires no other setting up (unlike ffdshow) and should play nice right out the box.
oldpainless Wrote:Hey Seb, Happy birthday mate!!!!....now....time to leave this world of xbmc, go out...get a girl...get pissed...have a good time!!!

Have a good one.

K

PS - and thanks.....I'm sure we will all test and report back.

steelman1991 Wrote:All together now............ Happy Birthday To You ..........

All the very best Seb mate - don't think this exempts you from bug reports. Seriously have a great birthday - but like painless says, go get laid. Nod

LOL....Are you saying because he is a programming "geek" he doesnt have a girl....Very presumptuous of you two.....ShockedLaugh

Anyways Happy Birthday Seb....off to download the latest build
uncertainty Wrote:The only issue I have is video scaling method is defaulting to Bilinear A=-60 which adds around 25% cpu usage f

Still testing myself...I'm on win7 32 bit using a single core Ion (Nvidia)...using Bilinear A=-60 are you also getting screen judder every few seconds?...I am so thought I'd ask.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Joyeux anniverssaire blinkseb, magnifique travail avec tes builds! J'apprécie

Happy birthday to you blinkseb, great work with your builds! Really appreciated

As per info, I'll write soon enough a step by step guide to get the best experience in true 24p smooth result under a W7 x64 DSPlayer + ffdshow-tryouts x64 architecture using an nVidia GF 8+ VGA perhaps we could work together on it... Smile
zilexa Wrote:@oldpainless, wich splitter and source filter do you use for dvd playback with your arcsoft video decoder? I'm pretty sure not the 'dvdnavigator'.

Wish I could help, but I don't use dsplayer for dvd's...in fact - I dont use DVD's at all...lol

However, Tiebn\Seb might be able to confim IF you can use any other video codec for DVD playback....but I suspect that it may have to use the default config in the xml for that.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
dabagboy Wrote:Yeah I vaguely recall DLin Haali a few yrs ago another PC...I somehow assumed it had been included with this Player modification...

I have changed none of the filters...from the defaults...to n00b to know right from wrong

Before I do wrong where (path/filename) do I add this rule
Once installed you need do nothing other than change your mkv rule to :-

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

Just a thought - have you checked MPC is setup for the codec in the MKv?

Press M and select the video icon...you MAY not even have MPC on screen...

K
I don't think he has mate - his debug log indicates ffdshow dxva - but I don't think that any further set-up has beem carried out other than to download and attempt play. Hence the reason why I suggested downloading the newest build which has mpc as its core playback component. Guess we'll find out when poster gets back.
Steelman,

Are you getting judder during playback in the latest build?...I get it with both Dsplayer and DVDplayer?...I know you are (sometimes) running an nvidia card, as I am....win7 32bit here. As both players are doing the same, it would seem to be a trunk issue - but would be good to confirm it.

The only other thing I can think of is ref frames? (h.264 mkv), but no issue with builds previous to the merge.

K
steelman1991 Wrote:I don't think he has mate - his debug log indicates ffdshow dxva - but I don't think that any further set-up has beem carried out other than to download and attempt play. Hence the reason why I suggested downloading the newest build which has mpc as its core playback component. Guess we'll find out when poster gets back.

I missed that then...lol...so why post an mpc config?..oh well.Rofl

K
oldpainless Wrote:Steelman,

Are you getting judder during playback in the latest build?...I get it with both Dsplayer and DVDplayer?...I know you are (sometimes) running an nvidia card, as I am....win7 32bit here. As both players are doing the same, it would seem to be a trunk issue - but would be good to confirm it.

The only other thing I can think of is ref frames? (h.264 mkv), but no issue with builds previous to the merge.

K

Lol yeah back with Nvidia - well for this evening anyway. Not only am I getting judder, but frequent forced shut-downs and very buggy chapter skipping - though only in mpeg2 files where I have ArcSoft set-up as the codec of choice. Will need to test some more and maybe pick Tiben\Sebs brains later.

oldpainless Wrote:I missed that then...lol...so why post an mpc config?..oh well.Rofl

K

It was me who actually posted it as an example to show how to set-up Haali as the source and splitter - confused (you will be!)
steelman1991 Wrote:It was me who actually posted it as an example to show how to set-up Haali as the source and splitter - confused (you will be!)

lol...LaughLaugh

Oh boy!

What os are on at the mo?

K
oldpainless Wrote:lol...LaughLaugh

Oh boy!

What os are on at the mo?

K

Same as you Win7 32 bit.
oldpainless Wrote:Still testing myself...I'm on win7 32 bit using a single core Ion (Nvidia)...using Bilinear A=-60 are you also getting screen judder every few seconds?...I am so thought I'd ask.

K

Yes I do and attribute that to the higher cpu overhead....

Seb said it should not be hard to fix and hopefully it soon defaults back to the norm Bilinear...
uncertainty Wrote:Yes I do and attribute that to the higher cpu overhead....

Seb said it should not be hard to fix and hopefully it soon defaults back to the norm Bilinear...

That will be great - however i'm not sure that is the issue.

On my system, regardless of the shader used, with or without auto refresh, I get screen judder [not a fps issue] on h.264 files [all my files are H.264 mkv's], even tho the cpu overhead is low. In the same build, if I switch to dvdplayer, get the same thing - so seems like a trunk issue.

Also just tried last nights svn - bug is still there. I hope elupus is aware of it..Eek

K
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0