• 24(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
adrianf74 Wrote:Thanks for the help so far (and in mentioning I wasn't even in the right place).

I did locate the correct path and replaced the original MKV RULE with the one you provided. No difference.

I did notice that I still have CoreAVC set as my preferred decoder so I went into it, disabled that, rebooted and still no improvement.

I'm getting DTS 96/24 from the one file but not DTS-MA. When I look at the "stream info" on my receiver (Yamaha HTR-6260 - RXV-665) [which is bitstream capable] it still reads "DTS 1536." Within XBMC, under the audio icon while playing, only DTS 5.1 shows up (not the MA option). Am I missing something critical here? I know I'm close to getting this resolved, and my settings for FFDShow are correct (I'm using the version that comes with the DSPlayer Build of XBMC).

Thanks.
Think your getting there - but I don't think all ffdshow builds are made equal - unfortunately I don't have the necessary hardware to try myself, but I'm almost certain that you may require a specific new beta build to get HD Audio. Yeah just checked the link on the first page the instructions state to use ffdshow rev3351, the version bundled with dsplayer is rev3326 - might solve the problem.
steelman1991 Wrote:Think your getting there - but I don't think all ffdshow builds are made equal - unfortunately I don't have the necessary hardware to try myself, but I'm almost certain that you may require a specific new beta build to get HD Audio. Yeah just checked the link on the first page the instructions state to use ffdshow rev3351, the version bundled with dsplayer is rev3326 - might solve the problem.

One word: Meh. Tried rev3356 (tryouts) which is the latest build. Still not seeing my DTS-MA.

Did a little more digging:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/th...dia-center

So, with this in mind, apparently the Revo (based on the ION chipset) cannot pass more than 2-channel LPCM, anyhow. So even if it was bitstream capable (which it isn't), I'm stuck where I am. Looks like if I want a "better" solution, I'll have to do a custom build down the road for my HTPC.

I'd like to say, in closing, thanks for your time with trying to get this to work.
so i have ooked in the faq, but i still cant understand why using the standard "dvdplayer" with dxva is working better than dsplayer.
playing avatar ive got around 25% cpu, no tearing, but with dsplayer i got 35% cpu load at alot of stuttering and fps drops.

Sorry if i missed anything

ps: using win 7 x64
ehrnst Wrote:so i have ooked in the faq, but i still cant understand why using the standard "dvdplayer" with dxva is working better than dsplayer.
playing avatar ive got around 25% cpu, no tearing, but with dsplayer i got 35% cpu load at alot of stuttering and fps drops.

Are you using the FFDshow video codec to watch Avatar?
i tried "set all formats to ffdshow" like i did in the previous realeases
Huh as far as I know that way you won't get dxva... by default mpcvideodec is used for dxva capable files and that works fine.

Did you test by pressing O during video playback?
Or press M and click video icon to check wich video decoder is used?
adrianf74 Wrote:One word: Meh. Tried rev3356 (tryouts) which is the latest build. Still not seeing my DTS-MA.

So, with this in mind, apparently the Revo (based on the ION chipset) cannot pass more than 2-channel LPCM, anyhow. So even if it was bitstream capable (which it isn't), I'm stuck where I am. Looks like if I want a "better" solution, I'll have to do a custom build down the road for my HTPC.

I'd like to say, in closing, thanks for your time with trying to get this to work.

As far as I know...it's a win7 bug (I assume your on win7)...passthrough sucks....

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
adrianf74 Wrote:One word: Meh. Tried rev3356 (tryouts) which is the latest build. Still not seeing my DTS-MA.

Like you say Meh!!!!

You could have saved us and you a whole lot of time and wasted effort, had you made us aware very early in the process that you didn't have a suitable GFX. Only the ATI 5xxx series, intel i3 and i5 chipsets and the Asus HDAV 1.3 are capable at this time of bitstreaming HD Codecs.

The fact you have a capable receiver means zilch, if you don't have the PC Hardware to support it No No No
ehrnst Wrote:so i have ooked in the faq, but i still cant understand why using the standard "dvdplayer" with dxva is working better than dsplayer.

Talk me through your process to achieve dsplayer dxva playback, from the time you open xbmc till the movie hits the screen. Oh and please confirm which build you are actually using this time.
Wink 
Hi there!

Thank you Real Joe for explaining the vmr stuff! That´s also my problem here!
Use the 28016 build, I have no tearing at all, but so many bugs... No DVD Playback, xbmc is killed sometimes just at stopping a film, but the hardest bug for me is total xbmc crash when trying to change the audiostream in a ts file, there have been some diskussions here...

All these bugs are fixed in newer builds and xbmc is running ery stable but the tearing is unacceptable!!!
I have it with HD also with SD films (every filetype...).

Using also XP32 but MCE 2005 and ATI 3450 with CCC 10.3.

How can I check the renderer anyway?!

And I also would be very happy and satisfied if Seb will find a solution of that...! But now firstival good luck for Your exams!!!

@ the Real Joe...: What do You mean with the special fullscreenmode in mpc-hc? I have tearing all the time in fullscreen and in windowed mode...

fortunately the 28016 would do enough for me, if anybody could tell me if there is a way to fix the crashbug when changing an audiostream at ts file in the 28016 or is it defenetely that problem with the renderers?!

I tried several options in the filtersettings... Only mpcvideodec is the possible videodecoder for me, but source and splitter I combined mpegsource, mpegsplitter or haali in different ways... and sometimes xbmc do not crash at the first try of changing the stream, but immediatly if You try another change... or if You stop the video... STRANGE!

But so farless it would be the best way to wait until Seb has a powerful solution with vmr7...?

It is nice to see, that I´m not the only one having problems with the newer builds... That gives me hope, that I´m not dumb at all...Big Grin

Thanks
Timo
r29443

Still stuck with choppiness, lines and buzzing speakers...

Here is debug log
http://pastebin.com/vU0DThjH

here is dsconfigfilters.xml
http://pastebin.com/jXRbcrYw

strangely the screenshots look perfect...

any help or other info I can provide?
Hey guys

I can not figure out what I am doing wrong

I am using the latest build 29443 on vista. I have an ati 3450 card and on that card i have a monitor hooked up to the VGA port and my projector hooked up to the hdmi port. If I just have my monitor hooked up dsplayer works great I am getting low CPU usage and no tearing. If I try hooking up my projector it wil longer work. When I click to play I get the little working bar but it just goes back to my library without playing the movie. If I try just using the dvdplayer the movie will play. If I unhook my projector and just use the monitor dsplayer will start working again. I have tried changing my refresh rate but that doesn't help at all. Does any one have any ideas of what else I can try?
steelman1991 Wrote:Talk me through your process to achieve dsplayer dxva playback, from the time you open xbmc till the movie hits the screen. Oh and please confirm which build you are actually using this time.

first time i tried to play video trough the context menu (play width dsplayer)
the other time i tried to set dsplayer as the default player trough advancedconfig.xml

build 29443
ehrnst Wrote:first time i tried to play video trough the context menu (play width dsplayer)
the other time i tried to set dsplayer as the default player trough advancedconfig.xml

build 29443

Since the introduction of both DXVA models - native playback has always, for me anyway, shown slightly better preformance stats than dsplayer. Its difficult to say whether what you are seeing is reasonable as with all things no 2 set-ups are identical. I'm not sure whether dsplayer introduces additional resource requirements, or its just that the ffmpeg implementation (buggy though it is with some files) is just more efficient.

Might be time to actually report the problem in a proper manner - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708. Your other system components as well might just give a clue to what's going on. Oh and if you could please provide a copy of your dsfilterconfig file (again using pastebin or something similar).
Ladys and gentlemen, i present you a feature i should have added a long time ago.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0