• 40(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Tring dsplayer build 30385 after a while of using Boxee. Installed, playing 1080p hd movie (almost perfect). Great to see almost mint playback out of the box. However it's not up to the smoothness of when I play in MediaPlayerClassic. So I set about reading the wiki to get inside the guts! And it tells you to locate filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml (located in system/players/dsplayer) however, mine aren't there! (Neither are they in the appdata/roaming/xbmc/system/players/dsplayer folder) (win7).

I do however observe a file called dsfilterconfig.xml (have methods changed since the instructions on the original post?) because I can't see these files anywhere and I'm keen to get this tweaked to perfection.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Tring dsplayer build 30385 after a while of using Boxee. Installed, playing 1080p hd movie (almost perfect). Great to see almost mint playback out of the box. However it's not up to the smoothness of when I play in MediaPlayerClassic. So I set about reading the wiki to get inside the guts! And it tells you to locate filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml (located in system/players/dsplayer) however, mine aren't there! (Neither are they in the appdata/roaming/xbmc/system/players/dsplayer folder) (win7).

I do however observe a file called dsfilterconfig.xml (have methods changed since the instructions on the original post?) because I can't see these files anywhere and I'm keen to get this tweaked to perfection.

Filterconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml only apply to build 31004 (actually build 30820 and later revs).
blinkseb Wrote:Ah, it make more sense if I understand correctly.

You have a media file playing at 23.98 fps. If you set your display to 50 or 60 Hz (no auto-refresh rate feature), then the file is in sync. If you set your display at 23.98 Hz (reported as 24 Hz in Windows?), then playback is out of sync.

I think the desync happens because your display reports 23.98 Hz as 24 Hz. Where the error is, and why there's an error, that's still a big question, but at least, it make sense.

Have you tried to disable dsplayer vsync? Because the renderer may sync the video feed at 24 Hz, whereas the audio is still sync on the media feed.

EDIT: I did the calculation, and the time difference between 23.98 and 24 Hz is 31.4 µs. You shouldn't been able to hear the difference between the two. The problem is probably somewhere else.

In my understanding the (about) 220ms delay is there with every player if the player don't automatically compensate for it when playing 23.976fps sources at 23.976Hz (or 24fps at 24Hz).

So there is nothing wrng with the DSPlayer. But it would be great to have DSPlayer compensate for this automatically.
rickardkk Wrote:In my understanding the (about) 220ms delay is there with every player if the player don't automatically compensate for it when playing 23.976fps sources at 23.976Hz (or 24fps at 24Hz).

So there is nothing wrng with the DSPlayer. But it would be great to have DSPlayer compensate for this automatically.

MPC plays 23.976fps @ 23.976hz in perfect sync.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Question 
hsinchu308 Wrote:Filterconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml only apply to build 31004 (actually build 30820 and later revs).

Okay, thanks for that info. Hmm, so I'm just wondering what I can do now? I've tried toggling 'use DXVA 2', no different. And then I tried toggling 'set all stable formats to libavcodec (ffdshow)', again no different.

Is there anything else I can do?
PantsOnFire Wrote:Okay, thanks for that info. Hmm, so I'm just wondering what I can do now? I've tried toggling 'use DXVA 2', no different. And then I tried toggling 'set all stable formats to libavcodec (ffdshow)', again no different.

Is there anything else I can do?

DXVA2 is only for dvdplayer - why not use the latest dsplayer build?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
blinkseb Wrote:My monitor can't only handle 60 or 75 Hz frequency, and you said it's working at these frequency, so I can't try :|

Just to be clear, we don't use any informations from XBMC, everything is collected/done from/by DirectShow. XBMC does its vsync by itself, and dsplayer its by itself (it's from mpc-hc).

That's a hard bug to find here Smile

Seb,

If it's from MPC, then I can't see why there is this bug, as MPC plays 23.976 in perfect sync.

Lastly, if your monitor can only handle 60 & 75 hz, then I'm struggling to see how this bug is going to get fixed, as you are unable to observe the a/v sync problem @ 23.976hz.

K
oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

If it's from MPC, then I can't see why there is this bug, as MPC plays 23.976 in perfect sync.

Lastly, if your monitor can only handle 60 & 75 hz, then I'm struggling to see how this bug is going to get fixed, as you are unable to observe the a/v sync problem @ 23.976hz.

K

Is this issue looking like yours ? http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/watch-...post469750

Still no correction, but it give me more informations. Can you check your cpu usage during 23.976 fps playback? ATI or NVIDIA? Windows 7 or XP? EVR or VMR? I'll look at mpc if I find something.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Seb,

Think I MAY have found the issue.....I'm on Win7, EVR, Nvidia ION, XBMC fullscreen+ auto refresh.

If I go into the nividia control panel, and disable vsync at a system wide level, all 23.976 material plays in perfect sync - but of course is unwathcable due to tearing....

Your thoughts?

K
oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Think I MAY have found the issue.....I'm on Win7, EVR, Nvidia ION, XBMC fullscreen+ auto refresh.

If I go into the nividia control panel, and disable vsync at a system wide level, all 23.976 material plays in perfect sync - but of course is unwathcable due to tearing....

Your thoughts?

K
I thought that was always an/the issue - I get the same smoothly synched playback if I disable vsync in xbmc, but even with vsync enabled in ATICCC I get terrible tearing rendering it unusable.

PS - thought i would mention in the passing that I've just seen my receiver light up with Dolby True HD and DTS-HD MA using DSPlayer with a bog standard installation. Yes I took the plunge and got an ATI HD5450 just to dip my toes in the HD Audio water and it works - though you have to be careful about the filetypes for DTS-HD MA. Those that have been remuxed using older versions of mkvmerge are prone to stuttering/jittery playback - newer versions (mkvtoolnix 4.0.0) mux the audio tracks fine.
oldpainless Wrote:MPC plays 23.976fps @ 23.976hz in perfect sync.

K
Can you tell me if the error is there in a mpc build from 6 months ago when i did the conversion of the renderers.
tiben20 Wrote:Can you tell me if the error is there in a mpc build from 6 months ago when i did the conversion of the renderers.

Hi Tiben,

Any version number of MPC (is it the normal MPC or MPC-HC?) I should track down to use for testing?

Cheers

K
tiben20 Wrote:Can you tell me if the error is there in a mpc build from 6 months ago when i did the conversion of the renderers.

I've already updated the renderers with latest mpc-hc changes about two weeks ago.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
oldpainless Wrote:DXVA2 is only for dvdplayer - why not use the latest dsplayer build?

K

I had the latest but rolled back because I was looking for a build that didn't use the new(ish) add-ons system for skins. Playback was also not perfect on that latest build for me, is there a specific reason I should use latest then or was it just general advice?
PantsOnFire Wrote:I had the latest but rolled back because I was looking for a build that didn't use the new(ish) add-ons system for skins. Playback was also not perfect on that latest build for me, is there a specific reason I should use latest then or was it just general advice?

I guess just general advice.

K
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0