• 58(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Hey all,

Having a problem, can't seem to fix it. Perhaps someone can kindly help me out.

Just upgraded to the latest version of XBMC DSplayer and can't get my aeon skin to load. tried placing it in skin folder, addon folder, and user/ShaTR/application data/.... and can't get it to show up in xbmc. I was under the impression this is based off a pre 10.5 build so i don't have to mess with skin.xml and it can be installed in the 'skin' directry under program files\xbmc\

I have only installed xbmc once before, but worked like a charm last time, not sure why not now.

running windows 7 ultimate x64

TIA Smile
boboho2007 Wrote:Thanks tiben20 for your reply and XBMC DX FOr Windows!!

Yes i know that, but my question is, why it's not fail when i installed "XBMCSetup-Rev31004-dx.exe".
So i assume my computer have correct Directx Version.

Thanks

Minimum DirectX SDK version has changed between the two releases. You need to update your DirectX SDK Smile
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
And unless I'm mistaken you require an internet connetion to update.
blinkseb Wrote:Minimum DirectX SDK version has changed between the two releases. You need to update your DirectX SDK Smile

Oh, i see.

Thanks for the enlightment.

steelman1991 Wrote:And unless I'm mistaken you require an internet connetion to update.

100% correct. Big Grin
I seem to have a strange problem.

Suddenly xbmc stopped indexing new tv program files. Its set to tvdb and scan at startup.

im using

xbmc pre-10.5 r27937 compiles feb 2010

tried rescanning the folder, remove file and clean library before adding it again.

Anyone else had this problem?
Hi,

I have 2 problems:

1. for a few days, scrapers do not work properly any more (no cast, no fanart, "washy" posters). The recent nightly build without DSPlayer works fine.

2. I've used r31004-dx until this problem came up. Now tried 31520-dx. Problem no.1 still here. And a new one: Flickering between XMBC and windows-desktop when i try to playback a file with DSPLayer. Sound is playing.

Any ideas?
Dullie Wrote:Hi there,

I am experiencing crashes of XBMC when playing an MKV with PGS subtitles..

XBMC crashes after 10 - 15 minutes of playing the movie..

I am using 31520 build, with the latest MPC standalone filters and ffdshow..

Guys I need some help to figure this out..

I remuxed my MKV without PGS Subtitles and still crashed... I am using MPC stand alone filters latets SVN, and the lastest FFdshow to bitstream HD Audio. Bitstreaming is fine for then xbmc crashes with 10 to 15 minutes of playback.. It is really annoying when it happens..

Also, in DSplayer options which audio output should I choose..? And in System/Audio I have other options..? Are they supposed to be the same with Dsplayer audio?

Thanks for your help..
Dullie Wrote:Guys I need some help to figure this out..

I remuxed my MKV without PGS Subtitles and still crashed... I am using MPC stand alone filters latets SVN, and the lastest FFdshow to bitstream HD Audio. Bitstreaming is fine for then xbmc crashes with 10 to 15 minutes of playback.. It is really annoying when it happens..

Also, in DSplayer options which audio output should I choose..? And in System/Audio I have other options..? Are they supposed to be the same with Dsplayer audio?

Thanks for your help..

So it has no subtitles, or just a different subtitle format from PGS subtitles?
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently running Win 7 32bit, xbmc with DSplayer (newest build, June 30 date). I have a ATI HD3450 card, and have set DSplayer as my default. The problem that I am having is that when I play 1080p MKV's from the start they work great, full Hardware accel though MPC codec, but if I pause, skip back or forward the picture turns all garbled. Now I have also tested just playing in MPC-HC with DXVA enabled that that works perfectly, allows anything, pasue skip, fast forward. Is there a way to somehow use the same filters from MPC-HC in DSplayer, I have downloaded the standalone filters and replaced the DSplayer ones with them, but still no go. Any ideas would be great. If this is not possible just let me know and I will just use mpc-hc as an external player for now. Thanks for the help as always
Rob79 Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently running Win 7 32bit, xbmc with DSplayer (newest build, June 30 date). I have a ATI HD3450 card, and have set DSplayer as my default. The problem that I am having is that when I play 1080p MKV's from the start they work great, full Hardware accel though MPC codec, but if I pause, skip back or forward the picture turns all garbled. Now I have also tested just playing in MPC-HC with DXVA enabled that that works perfectly, allows anything, pasue skip, fast forward. Is there a way to somehow use the same filters from MPC-HC in DSplayer, I have downloaded the standalone filters and replaced the DSplayer ones with them, but still no go. Any ideas would be great. If this is not possible just let me know and I will just use mpc-hc as an external player for now. Thanks for the help as always

Since you are using Windows 7 you can try to use the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" that comes with it. There's a link by dbone1026 listed at the first page of this thread that show you how. Let us know if this works, in case other people have the same problem.
Im using the latest build (31520) and im having some weird problems. I have not made any changes in the settings, im just using the hardware DXVA2 acceleration. My HD .mkv files are working great, but when i try to play SD .mkv files, they look like this.

As you can see, the screen is full of pixels or something. And this only happens when i watch SD material.

I have this same problem in latest nightly build too. Anyone know what could be causing this and how i can fix this?

Sorry... im not that good with computers :o.

Edit: If this matters, my CPU is Athlon II X2 240e/AM3 and card is ASUS HD5450.
dbone1026 Wrote:So it has no subtitles, or just a different subtitle format from PGS subtitles?

MKV has no subs at all..
Dullie Wrote:MKV has no subs at all..

I know with mkvs containing subs (PGS or IDX) DSPlayer would crash, but I thought that was fixed. Guess it must be a different issue
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 Wrote:I know with mkvs containing subs (PGS or IDX) DSPlayer would crash, but I thought that was fixed. Guess it must be a different issue

Here is my debug log

http://pastebin.com/X6rmw6GD

And I noticed that I have dump files in the folder.. such as xbmc_crashlog-20100717-014456.dmp Cannot open it with notepad though..
hsinchu308 Wrote:Since you are using Windows 7 you can try to use the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" that comes with it. There's a link by dbone1026 listed at the first page of this thread that show you how. Let us know if this works, in case other people have the same problem.

Tried it, and it works about the same, clean and stable as long as I do not pause, fast forward or rewind. can live without the fastforward or rewind but pause is a must in the family theater Wink

Probably will just start using MPC-HC as an external player, not pretty but it works 100% of the time until I get some new hardware. Also is there any better MPC filters to use with DSplayer other then the default MPC one?
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0