• 62(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
nevcairiel Wrote:I think DSPlayer is built with VS2010, and with enabled SSE support. There is a bug in the SSE code generator in VS2010 which uses one SSE2 command when SSE is enabled, and thus it won't work on non-SSE2 CPUs.

I still wonder what people hope for performance wise trying to play high-def movies on such hardware.. :d

liquidskin76 Wrote:I believe tiben uses vs2008 and seb vs2010. I think seb usually uploads the new builds, so it will be vs2010 built.
Thanks guys for the answers. It seems Microsoft will fix it in the VS2010 SP1.

BTW by now I'm happy with my 6 years old PC thanks to DXVA. Big Grin
Athlon XP 2800+ (MMX, SSE, 3Dnow) - ATI HD3450 AGP - Windows 7 Professional 32bits
onomatopellan Wrote:Why XBMC Rev31520 from http://passion-xbmc.org/gros_fichiers/xb.../index.php it's the only version I can't run on my PC? It's because I need a compatible SSE2 or better CPU?
I can't make a log because xbmc.exe crash without a trace. I only can see it in the reliabity log from windows 7.

Also I just compiled the last version (replacing Texturepacker.exe because it always crash) and now DSplayer works fine but internal DXVA doesn't. It's this normal in the last version?
still in development under windows 7 and vista. I'm really confuse i managed to get ffmpeg dxva working only with a wrapper for dxva2 under dxva1.
This is confusing because the current code of ffmpeg should only be working with dxva2 :S
Further to my post at http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=588...tcount=905, can someone please point me to some instructions on how to freshly install this to a typical and working state? Once I get media actually playing I'll have a look at filters then, but for now I just want it to work, even if I have to use newbie settings!
I am quite computer saavy but new to XBMC and to video codecs so bare with me if I say anything stupid

Simply enough, I am trying to install the DSPlayer XBMC so I can play 1080p .mkv files without lag on my laptop through my HDTV (like everyone else). I have encountered a few problems:

-In C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ I have no DSPlayer folder. I do have a DSPlayer folder in Program Files. Because I don't have this folder I'm not sure how to add any filters. All I basically want is for DSPlayer to be the default player and for it to use Haali Media Splitter (which I have installed).
-When trying to edit the .xml file in Program Files to add Haali, I get an "Access is denied" when I try to save.

-XBMCSetup-Rev28016-dx.exe
-Windows 7 Ultimate Addition (and yes I am an Admin)
-Haali Media Splitter installed

I know I am probably just a noob at this, but I have not been able to work around these two obstacles. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
bornasghosts Wrote:I am quite computer saavy but new to XBMC and to video codecs so bare with me if I say anything stupid

Simply enough, I am trying to install the DSPlayer XBMC so I can play 1080p .mkv files without lag on my laptop through my HDTV (like everyone else). I have encountered a few problems:

-In C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ I have no DSPlayer folder. I do have a DSPlayer folder in Program Files. Because I don't have this folder I'm not sure how to add any filters. All I basically want is for DSPlayer to be the default player and for it to use Haali Media Splitter (which I have installed).

That's perfectly normal. You need to create the dsplayer folder. After that, simply copy and paste the filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml files and edit them.

To use Haali, you'll find an example in the wiki (link at the bottom). You just need to edit the mkv section Smile

Quote:-When trying to edit the .xml file in Program Files to add Haali, I get an "Access is denied" when I try to save.

Still normal. Even if you're admin, you need to start your text editor with Administrator privileges to edit a file in the Program Files folder.

Quote:-XBMCSetup-Rev28016-dx.exe

That's *very* old! Think about upgrading to a newer release Wink

Quote:-Windows 7 Ultimate Addition (and yes I am an Admin)
-Haali Media Splitter installed

I know I am probably just a noob at this, but I have not been able to work around these two obstacles. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Also, read the wiki, I'll probably help you : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Edit: Posted the complete problem in the dev thread
Thanks for the help! I think I've got what I need done working now *crosses fingers* except one thing:

According to the wiki, you can make dsplayer your default player by:
editing the advancedsettings.xml file

I can't find the advancedsettings.xml file anywhere. Any help?
bornasghosts Wrote:Thanks for the help! I think I've got what I need done working now *crosses fingers* except one thing:

According to the wiki, you can make dsplayer your default player by:
editing the advancedsettings.xml file

I can't find the advancedsettings.xml file anywhere. Any help?

In your userdata folder. It doesn't exist by default, you need to create one.
blinkseb Wrote:[28016] That's *very* old! Think about upgrading to a newer release Wink

Might be very old, but as you are aware from the dev thread, for me and many other users, it was the last version that worked *perfectly* on WinXP machines with onboard Radeon HD3200 graphics :-)

Every publicly available version since then has had either major tearing problems, or major judder problems, or both.

Still waiting for a version that works anywhere near as well as good old trusty 28016, which I still use personally without any issue (related to DSPlayer) whatsoever!

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:Might be very old, but as you are aware from the dev thread, for me and many other users, it was the last version that worked *perfectly* on WinXP machines with onboard Radeon HD3200 graphics :-)

Every publicly available version since then has had either major tearing problems, or major judder problems, or both.

Still waiting for a version that works anywhere near as well as good old trusty 28016, which I still use personally without any issue (related to DSPlayer) whatsoever!

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Yeah if i remember its when we started adding a new rendering system.
Unfortunately my nvidia video card and winxp are working perfectly with the current svn. Blinkseb has a ati card if i remember but he develop under win7
With this version everything runs just fine:
XBMCSetup-Rev31520-dx.exe 44.4 MB 30.06.10 16:31:42

With the newest one...
XBMCSetup-Rev33619-dx.exe 47.05 MB 08.09.10 22:21:47

...all .mkv files pause after play!

Running Windows 7 Home Premium x86.
Nitehawk Wrote:With this version everything runs just fine:
XBMCSetup-Rev31520-dx.exe 44.4 MB 30.06.10 16:31:42

With the newest one...
XBMCSetup-Rev33619-dx.exe 47.05 MB 08.09.10 22:21:47

...all .mkv files pause after play!

Running Windows 7 Home Premium x86.

31520 on WinXPx86 with the ATIHD3200 causes really bad judder on most x264 mkv's (not all of them for some reason, but most of them).

The REAL Joe
tiben20 Wrote:Yeah if i remember its when we started adding a new rendering system.
Unfortunately my nvidia video card and winxp are working perfectly with the current svn. Blinkseb has a ati card if i remember but he develop under win7

So what does that mean Tiben? That's it's not going to be looked at further? I've posted feedback, and where appropriate, debug log for *EVERY* publicly available release since 28016 on the dev thread, but it's never been resolved. Same issues have been reported by a number of other users who if IIRC decided to stick with the old build too for now.

I can appreciate it's not a simple thing to track down and isolate, but there's something fundamentally wrong with what DSPlayer is doing with it's renderer because no other player that I'm aware of and have tried has these kinds of issues (and I've used most of them!). Not trying to be critical here, but IMO the rendering system needs to be rock solid before any of the other bells and whistles get added in.

Since the renderer worked perfectly way back when, I've seen a tremendous amount of effort put into getting subtitles to work internally (which also worked 100% in 28016 with ffdshow btw), adding shaders, and numerous other features, but yet the basic renderer seems to have suffered from these changes/additions.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow Wrote:So what does that mean Tiben? That's it's not going to be looked at further? I've posted feedback, and where appropriate, debug log for *EVERY* publicly available release since 28016 on the dev thread, but it's never been resolved. Same issues have been reported by a number of other users who if IIRC decided to stick with the old build too for now.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Get the code and fix the bug! That'll be more than welcomed! We both don't have any issue so we can't fix anything. Debug log showed nothing unusual, so we even don't have a clue of what's going on...
blinkseb Wrote:Get the code and fix the bug! That'll be more than welcomed! We both don't have any issue so we can't fix anything. Debug log showed nothing unusual, so we even don't have a clue of what's going on...

That's an easy answer - but most of us who have been trying to help with constructive feedback and input are not programmers and therore are trying to contribute the best we can with issue reports but can't write the code ourselves.

:-(

The REAL Joe
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0