very soft audio levels
What version are you using Siutsch - I am constantly updating to the latest SVN. It would be more productive if I tried to replicate using the same build version as you used.

Rgs
R_N_B Wrote:What version are you using Siutsch - I am constantly updating to the latest SVN. It would be more productive if I tried to replicate using the same build version as you used.

Rgs

Currently I use "xbmc-r31977-Dharma".

But tonight I will try the latest xbmc-r32022-Dharma I think.

The "trick" with changing the audio track works for a long time, also with earlier versions. But I don't know since when.

Siutsch.
I think I might be having this same problem.
Downsampling to 2.1, my sound appears to sound more muffled than usual compared to VLC or SPlayer, but it might be just that the sound is really low and when I turn it up it seems like it lost some quality.
Question 
I am also having this issue with XBMC.

Just wondering if anyone has fixed this yet.

I am running a full desktop install with audio over HDMI.

The hardware specs are in my signature.

I believe this must be a down-sampling issue but I am unaware of how to fix this.

Has anyone had any luck yet?
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:
marcozd Wrote:I am also having this issue with XBMC.

Just wondering if anyone has fixed this yet.

I am running a full desktop install with audio over HDMI.

The hardware specs are in my signature.

I believe this must be a down-sampling issue but I am unaware of how to fix this.

Has anyone had any luck yet?
Yep, it has been over a year since I posted this thread and after many prompts to the XBMC developers this issue has been constantly ignored .. Oo
Hi there,

Just some suggestions:

1: I guess you have already tried this but to be sure: Have you set the all the audio sliders (the ones you use ofc) in Alsamixer to 100% and control your volume through your amplifier/tv?

2: Maybe it's a good idea to upgrade Alsa to 1.0.24? I really don't know if that will help you in any way, but it might. For info on how to upgrade look HERE.

3: There are some settings you can use in advancedsettings.xml that may or may not help. The <headroom> tag sets the amount of headroom XBMC should use above the maximum volume level, in decibels, and the <ac3downmixgain> tag sets the amount of gain (dB) to be applied to AC3 streams that have been mixed-down to 2 channels. For more info, look HERE.

Good luck! Big Grin
Devaron Wrote:Hi there,

Just some suggestions:

1: I guess you have already tried this but to be sure: Have you set the all the audio sliders (the ones you use ofc) in Alsamixer to 100% and control your volume through your amplifier/tv?

I Have already done this but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:2: Maybe it's a good idea to upgrade Alsa to 1.0.24? I really don't know if that will help you in any way, but it might. For info on how to upgrade look HERE.

I am already using 1.0.24 but again, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:3: There are some settings you can use in advancedsettings.xml that may or may not help. The <headroom> tag sets the amount of headroom XBMC should use above the maximum volume level, in decibels, and the <ac3downmixgain> tag sets the amount of gain (dB) to be applied to AC3 streams that have been mixed-down to 2 channels. For more info, look HERE.

I have not tried this yet but I will and post how it works.

Thank you very much for making some suggestions on this - they are thoughtful and potentially will fix my problem.

Big Grin
CPU:Intel 2100 3.1 Ghz RAM:Corsair 4 GB DD3-133 Mobo: Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 mATX OS HDD: Corsair Nova Series 32GB SSD Storage HDD: WD Green 2 TB Video Card: ASUS EN210 SILENT ODD:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
very soft audio levels1