XBOX XBMC UPNP Server some issues
Smile 
Hi , first of all, Great App!!

When my xbox became old i was about to send it to the bin, but instead i replaced the old disk with a bigger one and now use it as a media server, streaming UPNP data to different client in my home instead.
Fantastic reuse. I have it in the basement, without any screen attached.

However i have 2 issues:
The xbox shuts down because of inactivity, even if it is used as a UPNP Server. The longest time you can set is 120 minutes.
In reality it is not inactive, it is feeding my UPNP client. Sad

The other one is that i can not share pictures any longer.
In the version i am using: 29207 you can only stream music and video.
I have my photo albums on the xbox and it would be great to be able to see those again. Any plans on that?
z9pejn Wrote:The xbox shuts down because of inactivity, even if it is used as a UPNP Server. The longest time you can set is 120 minutes.
In reality it is not inactive, it is feeding my UPNP client. Sad
There are two separate places to disable this, both within XBMC, and via the MS dash.

The auto-off setting in XBMC only applies to XBMC, while the auto-off setting in the MS dash is actually a BIOS feature that'll shut down the console no matter what is running. The BIOS-shutdown timer is always set to six hours, to memory.

z9pejn Wrote:The other one is that i can not share pictures any longer.
Which revision changed that?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Thanks Bomb Bloke
That is a good idea using the auto-off setting in the MS dash instead. Even if 6 hours of inactivity is quite long, it is better than running down to the basement restarting the xbox in the end scene of the movie Smile

Regarding the pictures i am not sure what version it changed. Some time in the last 6 months i would think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX XBMC UPNP Server some issues0