Gah..help with TV eps under DVD file structure
I've tried to read up on this, but I'm new to XBMC and it's entirely possible I'm being thick at the moment.

I have a common shared directory on a network store that is all my ripped DVDs (movies and TV shows together, at the moment, although this could be changed).

I have XBMC in Library mode showing my movies quite well. I have tried to set it for a couple of TV series, and while I get the top level entry (the show title shows up in the Library->TV Shows, with the attendant graphics etc), I can't get XBMC to recognize the episodes contained under the directory structure.

Here is roughly what my directory structure looks like for Farscape, the series I'm trying to get working first:

<parent directory>
--->Farscape
------->Farscape_S01e01e02e03e04
----------->VIDEO_TS
--------------->VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, etc etc
------->Farscape_S01e05e06e07e08
----------->VIDEO_TS
--------------->VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, etc etc
... and so on.

I had thought everything would be scanned recursively and the .IFO files would be found, but no such luck so far. I have tried browsing in file mode to the parent directory, setting type as TV Shows, then refreshing everything, no go.

Is it the case that I *have* to rename the VIDEO_TS.IFO to the "Farscape_S01e01e02e03e04" pattern? I was hoping to avoid that so that I wouldn't have to mangle my DVD rips, which are actually pretty pure and not mucked with at the moment (I even save off the original disc name by creating a zero-length file in each appropriate directory with the name).

Again sorry if this is a "dur" question, I've tried reading up on the various scraping stuff as I could. I've got everything else working but this...

-Frob
You have to add a regexp to firstly identify only the .ifo file, and secondly to pick up the season/episode labelling further up.

There's been numerous examples of such regexps on the forums here - try using google to search them.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah, as you say, this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55497 may contain the regexp that will work for me. I will tinker with it and post one way or another so people who stumble in to this thread can know.

-Frob
Indeed, the regexps contained in this part of the Wiki for advancedsettings.xml:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...atching.3E

Seem to pretty much do the trick. For some reason, I can't recursively scan the entire directory structure, and instead (after the first disc is parsed) need to go in and right click each DVD directory in file mode to tell it to find the episodes. Everything I can see says recursion is automatic for TV series, but ah well! It's working well enough.

Thanks for the pointer, my issue was so much else worked automagically with the program, I figured this would too =).

-Frob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gah..help with TV eps under DVD file structure0