Edit the paths in the database?
Ok, first of all I guess this question has been up before, and it's just my lack of skills with searching that made me miss it.
And I couldn't see anything in the manual.

I changed the place for my movie collection to a separate NAS, instead of the old place inside the HTPC.
I've kept the same folder structure, so I need to edit the database to make it work.
Instead of E:/Video/Movies I now have /Video/Movies and so on on my FreeNas-machine.
So I don't need (or want) to update the whole database once more.

Is there an easy way of just changing the search path in the database so that it points right?
And, one more stupid question, what program is best for opening and editing the MyVideos34.db database file?
You can use SQLiteSpy.
Close XBMC if it's open, open SQLiteSpy, open the db, double click the path table, find the row with the path you want to replace in the strPath column (e.g. E:/Video/Movies), select the cell containing the string to replace, press F2, a little window will open allowing you to change the value of the field for the new path name (e.g. //NAS_IP/Video/Movies), select OK, close SQLiteSpy.
Remember to replace the path also in sources.xml and mediasources.xml with any text editor.
Reopen XBMC.
All done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit the paths in the database?0