Cannot import my mp3's - libid3tag.dll problem
Dear all, I installed a new Vista Ultimate (32) on a new mobo and am unable to import my mp3's. Mind you, they were fine in previous version of XBMC. I'm using trunk 28256 right now.

Debug log shows "unable to load special://...libid3tag.dll (126)", last print out before xbmc crashes and exits.

I suspect I'm missing some dependency DLL's from MS? Anyway to go about troubleshooting what is the dependency here?

Or, has this been broken?

Thanks a lot...
First question... Is libid3tag.dll in your "xbmc/system" folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry for not stating the obvious...yes it's there in my system folder.

I also rebooted and now XBMC does not crash but simply ignores the mp3's. The error in the log file remains the same:

ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/libid3tag.dll (126)
ERROR: Tag loader mp3: exception in file M:\music\Bob Marley\Legend\01 - Is This Love.mp3

I assume second error is nothing to do with the mp3 itself but the fact that libid3tag.dll didn't load. Besides, my mp3's loaded fine in previous version of XBMC (on my old computer). Opening the MP3 file in Media Monkey or Winamp shows the ID3 tag is completely fine.
Another update, m4a files import fine, but i'm guessing m4a files dont' require loading of libid3tag.dll. So i'm quite sure there's something up with loading this dll from xbmc, and my guess it's a missing dependency issue :/ Not sure?
Had a hunch it was a dependency issue. MSVCR71.dll couldn't be found (had to use dependency walker tool to find that out). MSVCR71.dll is for some reason in the xbmc root directory but not in system Oo

I guess the installation needs to be fixed. Hope this helps someone else.
It shouldn't need to be in system, but this is sorted in later versions anyway as we build most dlls against vs2008.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot import my mp3's - libid3tag.dll problem0