URL: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk
Repository Root: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc
Repository UUID: 568bbfeb-2a22-0410-94d2-cc84cf5bfa90
Revision: 30345
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: jezz_x
Last Changed Rev: 30345
Last Changed Date: 2010-05-20 12:53:04 +0200 (Thu, 20 May 2010)

I did a git clone of Aeon Stark into ~/.xbmc/skin

[xbmc@xbmc skin]$ git clone git://github.com/djh/aeon.git "Aeon Stark"
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/skin/Aeon Stark/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 2237, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1764/1764), done.
remote: Total 2237 (delta 813), reused 1639 (delta 395)
Receiving objects: 100% (2237/2237), 227.67 MiB | 307 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (813/813), done.

Restarted XBMC, and still only have Confluence and PM3.HD in the choices of skins. What am I missing Huh?

Thanks,

Pk
Skins are now handled as Add-Ons so there are a few modification that must be made for them to show up in the skin selection.

You can either drop to a pre-addon merge build or update the skin yourself. If you look in the addons folder of the XBMC installation path you will see 'skin.confluence' which is in line with the new formatting guidelines.

To modify it yourself you have to rename the folder skin.aeon and add 3 files to the base directory, addons.xml, changelog.txt, and description.xml. Check the skin.confluence folder for these files and follow their format to modify them for Aeon.

Good luck, happy modding.
Thanks Kryptonite,

I created a symbolic link in ~/.xbmc/addons to point to the original skin implementation, just in case I reverted versions back in XBMC:

[xbmc@xbmc addons]$ ls -la
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 xbmc xbmc 19 2010-05-21 12:11 skin.aeon -> ../skin/Aeon Stark/

I copied addon.xml and changelog.txt from skin.pm3-hd, and modified it with Aeon information, left the changelog as is - This worked perfectly. It seems you don't need description.xml, as addon.xml has a <description> section in it.

Thanks for the help, glad to have Aeon working on XBMC now !

Kim
I guess Aeonproject needs to add the necessary addon.xml and changelog.txt into thier Git repository - should alleviate any problems for new users...

Kim
kimattree Wrote:I guess Aeonproject needs to add the necessary addon.xml and changelog.txt into thier Git repository - should alleviate any problems for new users...

Kim

Aeon is not being developed any more.
No problem. Just so you are aware there are additional changes necessary for everything to work 100% with the addons system, but at its current state the additional changes really don't do anything. Once everything is final and a release is made, then there are at least 3 more files that must be created (AddonsBrowser.xml, DialogAddonInfo.xml, and DialogAddonSettings.xml) which are used to control addons.

There are also some changes to the recentlyadded.py script, check the Alaska forum for information about those changes, they are in a thread called 'Night Mod'. They are extremely simple and only require minor modifications.

Happy modding.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon not in list of skins in Appearance0