Asus at5iont-i
so where do you buy paired SO DIMM's ? I guess this is what you want when you go Dual Channel. Maybe dual channel isn't needed anymore with DDR3 (for vdpau)?

Also, I hope they release a deluxe version this time also, because with the earlier model, that was a better deal compared to the non deluxe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

voip-ninja Wrote:$400. No thanks.

I know Tongue Pricy cases.. Though looks really great Wink
pike Wrote:Also, I hope they release a deluxe version this time also, because with the earlier model, that was a better deal compared to the non deluxe

You mean deluxe as in with/without the integrated PSU external power brick vs. using a standard PSU? I have seen images of both variants - so assume that will be the case. Hopefully it get released soon - really keen to see how well it can work passive (if at all).
@magnetik, bundled PSU, bundled WiFi, bundled Bluetooth, bundled Remote (which I don't know how good it is)

for just the added PSU, WIfi, BT I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Ofcourse, one could argue that with a real PicoITX PSU, you're more futureproof, but not when you get it this cheap with the Deluxe package
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pike Wrote:for just the added PSU, WIfi, BT I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Totally agree with you on that - if the board delivers the goods (passive cooling) I will be going for the same edition. Not really interested in extra grunt, since it's not required - just the cooling abilities of that heatpipe setup.

Otherwise I'm thinking I will just go for the current generation ASUS ION 330 board and cool it with a very slow spinning (500rpm) single 120mm fan to try and be as quiet as possible...
Comparison:
at5iont vs. at3iont

2 Sata vs. 4 Sata ports
PCIe4x vs. PCIe16x
2xUSB3 vs. no USB3
4xUSB2 (2xInternal) vs. 10xUSB2 (4xinternal)
2xSO-DIMM vs. regular 2xDDR3 DIMM

or how I see it (biggest difference, since performance-wise they are pretty similar):
usb3 vs. PCIe16x
and why would you need the PCIe16x in a htpc which aim to use as little power as possible. another quite big difference is number of USB2 ports. I'm sure the USB3 ports handles USB2 also, but it's still 6 ports vs. 10

pike Wrote:so where do you buy paired SO DIMM's ? I guess this is what you want when you go Dual Channel. Maybe dual channel isn't needed anymore with DDR3 (for vdpau)?

Also, I hope they release a deluxe version this time also, because with the earlier model, that was a better deal compared to the non deluxe

Pineview Atoms cpus don't support dual-channel, and for vdpau dual-channnel is completely irrelevant since ION2 GPUs have their own dedicated graphics-RAM.

So no paired SoDIMMs needed, even a single 1GB SoDIMM is more than enough (due to the onboard 512MB dedicated graphics-RAM).

On ebay you can get 1GB DDR3 SoDIMMs very cheaply off people that upgraded their laptop/netbook memory.
Added another article to the top post at Hexus.net

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=25651

"Interested? ASUS tells us the board should be showing up at retailers any day now priced at around £125." - now for the reviews!
ASUS hardware page now live

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iI...templete=2
anyone know if the esata on this would support a multi-drive JBOD enclosure? I think I'm the only one on the planet who wants to build their own ultra low power home server (not necessarily WHS).

I've heard some esata controllers do not support it, so I'm not sure if this will.
you can still find the page by clicking the link earlier in the thread, but if you try to navigate to the motherboard page, it reverts back to the asus home page. wtf. is this thing ever going to release.

*its possible the site is just glitching out when i try to access it. anyone else able to get the AT5IONT-I product info page?
ampersand Wrote:you can still find the page by clicking the link earlier in the thread, but if you try to navigate to the motherboard page, it reverts back to the asus home page. wtf. is this thing ever going to release.

*its possible the site is just glitching out when i try to access it. anyone else able to get the AT5IONT-I product info page?

It's just the site glitching, the Asus site has been doing that for months, they should fire their web devs...
thebrink Wrote:anyone know if the esata on this would support a multi-drive JBOD enclosure?

If the eSATA port is driven by the NM10 Express chipset as I think it is, then the answer is no.

thebrink Wrote:I think I'm the only one on the planet who wants to build their own ultra low power home server (not necessarily WHS).

If you want to build a low power home server then there are far better Atom boards available, see here for the full overview:
http://www.linuxtech.net/features/intel_...rview.html
ion_man Wrote:If the eSATA port is driven by the NM10 Express chipset as I think it is, then the answer is no.

eSATA is not provided by the NM10. It's some external chip connected via PCIe. Not sure what it is though. The NM10 only provides 2 SATA which both show up as internal ports.
nijaju Wrote:eSATA is not provided by the NM10. It's some external chip connected via PCIe. Not sure what it is though. The NM10 only provides 2 SATA which both show up as internal ports.

You are right and it's a Jmicron JMB360 according to the German manual which now is online (english seems still not available):
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Inte...Series.pdf
http://www.jmicron.com/JMB360.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus at5iont-i0