Scanning content
I am having real issues building my libraries by scanning my content.

My video content is in two main shares "My Movies" and "TV Programs". My movies contains BR and DVD Rips in Bluray or DVD Folder format (looks like an iso and has all the same files and directory structure). The TV programs are acually box set DVD's ripped in DVD format with each disk of the set having its own entry.

When I scan my movies using IMDB as the repository I get most of the movies found correctly but for some I get the stangest results. Other repositories are worse. If I use getmovie information from the context menu and try refresh and look at what is shown as possible matches I get some strange results. As an example It can not find an entry for "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" that is a proper match to the DVD, It finds entries but not the proper one. There were two movies called Crash. The more recent one is found. The older one is not in the choice list. The same is true of many others in my collection, none of which are very esoteric. DVDProfiler has found the proper entries for my entire collection. I think it uses CDDB but am not sure.

Is there a scanner that will look at the DVDprofiler? Either its data base or its exported xml file?

When I try TV Programs, it finds just one episode of Battlestar Galactaca. All episodes are ther as are 24, Alis, West Wing. TV shows are stored as DVD Rips, each disk having a seperate folder names with the show name, season number, episode content e.g "Alias: Season 1 Episodes 1-4". Perhaps the ":" is confusing it?

Any help/recommendations on how I can improve this or use multiple scanners, rename things etc. would be very helpful!!

Messages In This Thread
Scanning content - by barrygordon - 2010-06-16, 17:44
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 05:24
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 05:45
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 05:57
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 06:08
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 06:21
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 06:29
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 07:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning content0