Scanning content
JMarshall, Thank you or the reply. I think I understand what you are saying and I could re-rip to individual episodes and there is a lot of logic in doing that.

DVD Profiler is a complete management system for maintaining all the info about a DVD, CD, BR Disc. When I get a new item all I do is enter the UPC code from the box and everything else is fully automatic. It can put out an XML file which contains all the info about the disk including its ID. It is basically the same info that the scraping process retrieves minus the fanart. I drive my "pre XBMC" movie librarian from that xml file.

One of the DVDprofiler features is that peole can contribute additional info about a disk and upload it (much like a wiki) so eventually all of the known info gets filled in. Updated profiles can be downloaded at any time. It is really a very complete and easy to use system.

I am wondering if I couldn't add an entry (a simple xml or text file) in the folder for the item (e.g. the folder named "Alias Season 1 Episodes 1-4") that would contain the disk ID or other absolute identifying info which the profiler has and some how use it to drive the scraping operation. If you could point me to the place in the source where this is done I would be most appreciative. Just a general idea where to start looking would be a big aid.

From what I have read this would be like the .nfo file concept.

I have gotten all my movies properly scraped and adjusted with just a few missing parts (cover art generally) for some DVD's. My Music seems to be fine as it is all in tagged MP3 files. It is just the DVD's that are really TV Shows in boxed sets that are giving me the issue.

I assume (from what I have read) that the proper format for the folders containing each ripped single episode of a TV series would be
Name SxxEyy where xx is a 2 digit season number and yy is a two digit episode number and the contents of the folder (.ifo and .vob files) is irrelevant. Is this correct?

Messages In This Thread
Scanning content - by barrygordon - 2010-06-16, 17:44
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 05:24
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 05:45
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 05:57
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 06:08
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2010-06-17, 06:21
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 06:29
[No subject] - by barrygordon - 2010-06-17, 07:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning content0