Where to get "xbmc-live" for a precompiled build?
Hmmm, right well I've managed to get the latest nightly that seems to have the scraper fixes in place. I extracted the .deb and placed it on my webserver and used wget to get it onto the hard drive of the box im using.

I'm on a minimal CLI ubunutu karmic setup and am using SSH to install the bits but ast the end of a guide i'm following

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74778 (The guide is for lucid but it works fine for karmic too)

it says to enter this...

Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc-live

Trouble is it doesn't know where to get xbmc-live from, I tried adding the PPA for the SVN on the off chance but it won't accept the xbmc-live pakcage from that since it's an older version.

Wondering how people go about installing xbmc-live with precompiled builds?

Edit - Basically, I'm asking how do you install the xbmc-live environment from the .deb xbmc package? Smile

Thanx
In general there are two ways to common ways to install something:
1. Manually install from a debian binary package.
2. Use the repositories (i.e. apt-get)

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it looks like you are attempting to do both simultaneously. Don't worry about the .deb package that you pulled from your webserver, just use apt.

This is the relevant part of the guide you're using:
Quote:
Now make your choice if you would like to install the 1. pvr-testing2 (unstable), 2. ppa (nightly) or 3. XBMC stable release.

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:henningpingel/xbmc
2. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
3. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc

Let's make a system update.

sudo apt-get update

After adding one of the above (and from your post it sounds like you would want number 2, the nightly builds), I believe that sudo apt-get install xbmc-live should work. Good luck!
Hi there thanks for the reply.

My whole reasoning for using a precompiled .deb was because the latest nightly available on the PPA is broken. I was quite happily doing exactly as you suggest until the latest nightly release (scrapers are completely broken for movies).

I would use the stable PPA but that's very old and doesn't have the dolby digital on the fly encoding I need for my other box I will be cloning this install to once I've got it workling.

Smile

Thanks for the rep[ly though and any further pointers would be greatly appreciated, just to note the only PPA I added until I got desperate and just tried the nightly one anyway to get the "xbmc-live" package was the nvidia vdapu one which hasn't caused a provlem.

Ta, Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to get "xbmc-live" for a precompiled build?0