1:1 copy of entire XBMC library, including added sources etc.
Hello!

I recently built HTPC and installed XBMC on it. I have 3 external USB-drives with all my media split up on them (tv/movies/mp3).

My friend came by a week ago and was so impressed with the HTPC/XBMC that he wanted me to build an exact copy of it. OK, no problem. I bought the same hardware again, and put it together, including 3 identical external USB-drives, and made 1:1 copies of my 3 drives, to his new 3 drives. (Same paths, same everything).

I haven't yet booted the new HTPC with the drives connected in XBMC, so the library is empty.

I know I can just export my library for music/tv/movies and then import them, but do I have to manually add the sources for tv/movie/music again on the new HTPC also? Or does it "export" aswell as the library? I mean the added sources. I have made quite a few "special" added sources, so it is like maybe 15 sources (paths from the different disks), added on my HTPC/XBMC.

So, my question is, what is the easiest way for me to have the exact same library (without a need to download movie information again, and without having to manually add the sources (paths)).

Hoping someone can help!

Thanks
If the paths and everything else is identical, you can just copy the %appdata%\XBMC folder from your current setup to the new one and when you start XBMC, everything will be there like you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1:1 copy of entire XBMC library, including added sources etc.0