Unable to start the game from xkai
i tried to start the game from xkai. i was able to see the games and arena's. but when i wanted to play the game, i.e. halo 2 i pressed on play and then got a message

"unable from xbox mediacentre to connect auto..
please put in

what should i do?
it means it cannot find the game on the hard drive so won't auto launch.  either put the game in your f:\games folder or pop the disc in when this message comes up ....

although the normal message that comes up should have more to that .... so i could be wrong.
make sure you're "slash" is going the right way in the kai settings of xbmc, i.e "f:/games" instead of "f:\games"...also, i've heard that it's "case sensitive", so if you're folder is called "games" make sure you don't have "games", etc....

also, you may want to use a newer version if you're not already...at least older than 11-15 (the last one that wouldn't work for me...)
i have a similar problem where i can see all the games and users but when i go to join in my game loads up from my xbox hdd no worries but there is no one to play against when i choose multiplayer mode.
in halo 2 it scans for anyone online and fines nothing.
also in outrun2 there is no system link option but i see its one of the games in kai and have seen people playing it but how do i join in?
i can communicate with kai ok i just cant get my games to display the current games and people online to play against.
thanks for any help given Smile
hi,

in fact i have also the same problem. now i want to fix the path in the settings of the xbmc but i don't know how to enter a :/ with the onscreen keyboard.
the xboxmediacenter.xml file doesn't contain this setting.
is there a settings file that can be edited?

greetings,
leo
found were the settings are.
/tdata/0face008/settings.xml
path must be f:\games

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to start the game from xkai0