Launching Boxee from within XBMC
Sad 
I'm stumped on this one.

I have a zotac mag hd nvidia ion system with a minimal 9.10 + xci script installed. I'm trying to add the ability to launch Boxee from within XBMC. (I like each for its own purpose).

My idea was, on bootup, the system goes into XBMC as normal (xbmc-live upstart script launches /usr/bin/runXBMC). On the Home screen of XBMC (Confluence skin), I have the "Boxee" option added to \720p\Home.xml :
Quote:<item id="12">
<label>Boxee</label>
<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec(/home/xbmc/bin/start-boxee.sh)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/boxee.jpg</icon>
</item>

This executes the start-boxee.sh script i have:

Quote:#!/bin/sh
xbmc-send --action="XBMC.Quit"
sleep 5
/usr/bin/runBoxee

The "/usr/bin/runBoxee" script is a modified version of the "/usr/bin/runXBMC" script that launches Boxee with "/opt/boxee/Boxee --standalone" instead of XBMC.

The problem is, all this does is when I select "Boxee" from the menu, it forces XBMC into "Windowed" mode (to which I have to go back into settings and put it back to full screen), and that's it, it does nothing else.

Is there some other, simple way of doing this? I have been working on this for so long trying to figure out how I can get Boxee, XBMC, Hulu Desktop and Firefox all running on the same system in harmony.
I'd love to know the exact same thing!
there is a tutorial on the boxee website to get both to run together on an installed live distro with a toggle on your remote to launch

http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?p=82724

I tried it once and it never worked for me so please, if you do get it working on beta 1 let us know how.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Any one else get this to work?
thanks,
d
I really have no idea how to connect A to B on this one, but I think you might have luck going down the route of *pausing* XBMC like many people do to run emulators via launcher. See the following post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=542...stcount=66

If you do use this, don't forget to make the sh executable via [sudo chmod +x <your_path>/launcher.sh]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching Boxee from within XBMC0