• 10(current)
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version
elitenoobboy Wrote:Can you tell me how the numbering system for those devices works? My mce remote is on Bus 002 Device 002 according to lsusb, but I am not sure which folder I should be operating in.
1-0:1.0/ 1-2.1.1/ 1-2.1.2:1.0/ 2-3/ 2-4:1.1/
1-2/ 1-2.1:1.0/ 2-0:1.0/ 2-3:1.0/ usb1/
1-2.1/ 1-2.1.1:1.0/ 2-1/ 2-4/ usb2/
1-2:1.0/ 1-2.1.2/ 2-1:1.0/ 2-4:1.0/

Also, my problem is the opposite of what you described, the light on the receiver won't come on at all when the system is suspended.

Regarding finding the correct path in /sys/bus/usb/ I did it like this:
Code:
dmesg | grep mceusb
[   10.746073] mceusb 3-1:1.0: Registered   BB+ Dongle(e.d) on usb3:2
from that I took 3-1 which worked for me.

I had more trouble finding the correct USB# to use in
Code:
echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
I used trial and error! Eventually getting that bit correct was when my receiver LED started to light-up when I tried to resume
earache Wrote:I spent some time trying to get resume working with my mce remote in Ubuntu Maverick.
I did some poking around and testing and found a solution that worked for me:

Code:
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup

Without the first setting above, when I tried to resume, the receiver LED would light up and stay on, but the system would not resume.

I hope this can help others stuck with this problem!

hardware:
board: asus AT5IONT-I
remote: Philips/HP rc6 (0471:060c)

Confirmed , working !!!
BIG THX !
Code:
uname -a
Linux nexus 2.6.35-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP
uomiarz Wrote:Confirmed , working !!!
BIG THX !
Code:
uname -a

I can confirm too!!!

Good Job

the cat enabled > /sys/.... did the trick

finally it works on Maverick

L.
earache Wrote:Regarding finding the correct path in /sys/bus/usb/ I did it like this:
Code:
dmesg | grep mceusb

I had more trouble finding the correct USB# to use in
Code:
I used trial and error! Eventually getting that bit correct was when my receiver LED started to light-up when I tried to resume

Thanks. It too works for me now.

For the correct USB# to use in /proc/acpi/wakeup, wouldn't lsusb tell you which bus the receiver is connected to?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just messed with it some more (initially, I just enabled all usb buses), and the results from lsusb have nothing to do with the actual value to put into proc acpi wakeup. lsusb says it is the 2nd bus and 2nd device, but I have to echo USB0 instead.
earache Wrote:Regarding finding the correct path in /sys/bus/usb/ I did it like this:
Code:
dmesg | grep mceusb

I'm having difficulty with this bit - my output is very different:

Code:
[    17.428319] lirc_mceusb[2]: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb4:2
[    17.428416] usbcore:registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb
[   117.805779] lirc_mceusb[2]: suspend
[   130.941027] lirc_mceusb[2]: resume

I did look in /sys/bus/usb/devices and tried all of the folder combinations possible - nothing works.

I have even installed XBMCFreak as per other comments on here and on the XBMCFreak site, to no avail.

Code:
xbmclive@XBMCLive:~$ uname -a
Linux XBMCLive 2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:48:22 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Any ideas? I am confused by the output of dmesg ¦ grep mceusb... It states I have a Philips IR receiver, where the remote is the official Micro$oft RC6 media centre remote. This may be nothing, but given that I have failed at every attempt where everyone else here seems to be succeeding leads me to believe I need to get a new IR receiver!

Incidentally: I have never been able to resume from suspend, via keyboard, mouse or remote. However in Windows 7 on the same box it works absolutely fine...
EDIT: I can resume by pressing the power button on the box, which is a Foxconn nT330i.

Cheers

Luke
Flomaster Wrote:all menu sounds work as they should along with every other type of audio I can throw at it.

I'm using a different .asoundrc file see this post here for my settings.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=612...stcount=12

also I downloaded and installed this HDA intel.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=587...tcount=290

I did not use that .asoundrc mentioned in that post.

-=Jason=-

OMG! You are the man! I just did this (the first step, for some reason didn't need to get the new HDA Intel), and after a reboot all sounds work... I know it's silly, but not having those freakin' menu sounds has been driving me crazy, and now I can 'disable' them knowing it was me turning them off, and not some odd config bug!

Luke
same question as lat297, I get

Quote:[ 16.591442] lirc_mceusb: Windows Media Center Edition USB IR Transceiver driver for LIRC 1.90
[ 16.591454] lirc_mceusb: Daniel Melander <[email protected]>, Martin Blatter <[email protected]>, Dan Conti <[email protected]>
[ 17.349482] lirc_mceusb[2]: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb2:2
[ 17.349594] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb

any pointers appreciated
Anastrophe Wrote:same question as lat297, I get

any pointers appreciated

phew, so it isn't just me... I have now tried several more things:
1) flash bios (just in case!)
2) reinstalled XBMC onto the HDD of the server, rather than USB (was previously running from USB key)
3) tried to downgrade Linux Kernel (which broke everything)
4) tried to upgrade Linux Kernel (which did nothing apparent)
5) reinstalled XBMC (again)

Maybe this is a new design feature to get lazy people off the sofa?

Luke
Quote:Any ideas? I am confused by the output of dmesg ¦ grep mceusb... It states I have a Philips IR receiver, where the remote is the official Micro$oft RC6 media centre remote. This may be nothing, but given that I have failed at every attempt where everyone else here seems to be succeeding leads me to believe I need to get a new IR receiver!

My receiver also shows up as a Philips ...so I don't think that is a problem.
The difference in output from that dmesg command is due to the fact that I was using the new "in-kernel" mceusb driver (I'm not any longer, but thats another story) and you are using the lirc_mceusb module.
I'm sure there anre many ways to help find this, but another way to find the correct device under /sys/bus/usb is like this:
Code:
# lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0471:060c Philips (or NXP) Consumer Infrared Transceiver (HP)
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
From that take the 060c and try this
Code:
# grep 060c /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/idProduct:060c
Note the path it was found in!

I've found that I need both the correct USB# in /proc/acpi/wakeup and enabled in /sys/bus/usb/devices/#-#/power/wakeup
earache Wrote:From that take the 060c and try this
Code:
# grep 060c /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct
/sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/idProduct:060c
Note the path it was found in!

I've found that I need both the correct USB# in /proc/acpi/wakeup and enabled in /sys/bus/usb/devices/#-#/power/wakeup

And bearing in mind Linux is case-sensitive, so there's a capital P in 'idProduct... Because it would kill 'em to make it simple? Rolleyes

Just trying this now...

EDIT: still no joy... two more USB numbers to try (US12 and US15, so it wasn't USB0 or USB2...)
EDIT 2: nope, still no joy. The receiver lights up (as it always has) when I press any button on the remote, but box stays in sleep. No wakeup from keyboard, mouse or remote, only from the button on the tin. Next step: get rid of XBMCFreak and install plain XBMC Dharma 4...
uomiarz Wrote:Confirmed , working !!!
BIG THX !
Code:
uname -a

Hmm after reinstall still confirm this is NOT working... out of interest, my Linux kernel is Linux XBMCLive 2.6.32-25, whereas yours is 'nexus' and a higher version...

Is this something I should upgrade to now? Bearing in mind I am on Dharma 4 XBMCLive? will the following upgrade correctly:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

EDIT: ok, in the end regressed to older Linux kernel 2.6.32-22, which I understand is the last build before the 'bug' (undocumented 'feature') was introduced. This still hasn't fixed the issue for me. If no-one else is having the same pain as me, I will start to think this is either the receiver or the tin. As other people have the same receiver, and it works perfectly otherwise, I am inclined to think this is the tin...

Question: does anyone else have a Foxconn nT330i (or I believe it is also rebadged as a Viewsonic something-or-other)? Have they got the same issue? Undecided
OMG! FINALLY IT WORKS!

Here is what was wrong: for some reason the BIOS revision on my Foxconn nT330i was buggy... in the Wakeup Configuration page (which becomes available when you disable Deep Sleep mode), my BIOS gave me no options at all... No

This was odd, but I figured that because it's a pretty cheap entry level thing they keep things simple... I was wrong. This is a bug in the BIOS. Confused

For anyone else with an nT330i who has the same issue:
Download the 1st May BIOS revision from here: Foxconn Support for nT330i

Before you flash your BIOS (I'm not going to explain that, but you'll obviously need a USB key that boots into DOS, there's a good guide here), you need to edit the DOSFLASH.BAT batch file. This is because if, like me, your BIOS is corrupted, it won't let you flash the BIOS without the /C switch, and DOS crashes when you try and add it in, so add the switch at the end of the batch file command line before moving to your Foxconn and booting up...

After that's done, there's another error on system restart. This advises that there's a checksum error, and gives option F1 to enter setup and F2 to load default config. You want to load default config (F2), otherwise when you try to enter your own the Wakeup Configuration page is still blank.

Now that you've done this, the BIOS is fully functional, you can go into the relevant page (as per page 13 of this PDF from Viewsonic's website) and enable wakeup from USB...

Now it's all fully functional... you have no idea (actually, you probably HAVE given you're reading these posts) how satisfying it was to sit on the sofa, hit 'Media Centre' on my Harmony One remote control, and have everything fire up Cool

Cheers for all the help on the forum... tell you what if I'd had to type 'echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup' into a bloody prompt one more time I think my brain would have exploded!!!

Luke
Got wakeup working again, thanks to everyone who worked to figure this out.

zotac ion mobo running maverick
Code:
sudo uname -r
2.6.35-23-generic

dmesg | grep mceusb
Code:
[   17.403131] mceusb 3-6:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb3:2

So for me it's 3-6
Code:
echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "SMB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-6/power/wakeup

not sure to be honest which is necessary for me USB0 or SMB0 but having both seems not to cause any issues so I'm not going to investigate more.
Code:
root@MediaCenter:/etc/pm/sleep.d# uname -rv
2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:48:22 UTC 2010
root@MediaCenter:/etc/pm/sleep.d# lsusb
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 045e:00dd Microsoft Corp.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 07d1:3c0a D-Link System
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
root@MediaCenter:/etc/pm/sleep.d# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
MUAR      S3     disabled  pnp:00:01
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:0c.0
XVR1      S4     disabled
P0P5      S4     disabled
P0P6      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:15.0
P0P7      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:16.0
P0P8      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:17.0
P0P9      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:18.0
USB0      S3     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S3     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.1
US15      S3     enabled  pci:0000:00:06.0
US12      S3     disabled  pci:0000:00:06.1
PWRB      S4    *enabled
root@MediaCenter:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-1/power# cat wakeup
enabled
root@MediaCenter:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/usb4/4-1/power# dmesg |grep lirc
[   12.519592] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
[   12.617735] lirc_mceusb: Windows Media Center Edition USB IR Transceiver driver for LIRC 1.90
[   12.617748] lirc_mceusb: Daniel Melander <[email protected]>, Martin Blatter <[email protected]>, Dan Conti <[email protected]>
[   12.995889] lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0
[   13.001893] lirc_mceusb[2]: Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver on usb4:2
[   13.002047] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb

Just not working. Sad
It works with keyboard, uses the same USB port, but not with MCE remote...

Is it kernel issue?

Can anyone tell us, what versions of kernel do not work?
Dakhar Wrote:Just not working. Sad
It works with keyboard, uses the same USB port, but not with MCE remote...

Is it kernel issue?

Can anyone tell us, what versions of kernel do not work?

I have it working, as per my posts earlier, with kernel 2.6.32-22. I downgraded from 2.6.32-25 which came with Dharma 4.

The code I used to downgrade is as per the first page of this topic (issue was introduced in version -23):
Code:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.32[b]-25[/b]-generic linux-headers-2.6.32[b]-25[/b]-generic
sudo apt-get install linux-image-2.6.32-22-generic linux-headers-2.6.32-22-generic
(note that I replaced the original post's -23 with -25, which is the kernel you have at the moment).

When I did this, I found that I didn't need to reinstall the nvidia drivers - however it did tell me after removing the -25 linux image that I needed to re-run Grub to fix it. I'm a bit hazy on how to do that, so I simply ran the -22 install and hey presto, it worked :-)

Luke
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No resume form standby with vista remote after 2.6.32-23 #37 Kernel version0