• 6(current)
Rii Mini wireless keyboard
Well yeah it's rf. Personally I don't really care as long as it's functional and cheap and that it won't require a PhD in nuclear physics to get going on Linux...

For the battery i don't really know if it will enter sleep mode I got the thing yesterday and did not have a chance to really try yet

I'll report back on this
lpallard Wrote:For the battery i don't really know if it will enter sleep mode I got the thing yesterday and did not have a chance to really try yet
I'll report back on this

Cool. Thx.Smile
Hello,

I purchased a Rii Mini bluetooth keyboard when my Dinovo Mini crapped out.***

I could not get Windows 7 to see my Rii (using the accompanying adapter).

I then installed an IOGear bluetooth adapter.

The Rii is still not seen.

My full size bluetooth keyboard is seen, and works fine.

Is there some means of putting the Rii into pairing mode? I found nothing in the instructions regarding this.

Thanks.

*** By the way, I had also purchased a Logitech MX5500 bluetooth keyboard.
Using the provided bluetooth adapter, the keyboard worked - sort of.

It had constant delays, and often repeated characters - sometimes over 1,000 times! - as I waited for it to stop.

The accompanying mouse was also extremely jerky.

After I installed the IOGear adapter (and removed the Setpoint software, and installed the Widcomm software for the IOGear adapter), the Logitech keyboard began working fine.

The Logitech mouse was seen and installed as a bluetooth device, but did not work at all, and as soon as pairing mode timed out, the mouse disappeared from the list of bluetooth devices.
my rii worked out of the box in slackware linux. plugged the usb receiver in and after a few seconds it was ready.

the sad part of the story is that it permanently failed last week. at first it would react really weirdly and was not responsive at all. i thought the battery was low, even if it has been plugged for a few hours, but i charged it more just in case. after a few more hours, i used it again and it was fine. i used it for 15 to 20 minutes and suddenly the light started flashing and it completely died. no signs of life at all. i tried on several computers, no go.

i am drive testing a logitech dinovo mini and i like it so far except the trackpad sucks. its either hyper or under sensitive... why yours died? before my free return period expires id like to have your input!
Through an accident my (non-Bluetooth) Rii USB dongle was damaged.

To avoid having to buy a whole new keyboard: if someone has a spare Rii USB dongle that they are not using I am interested in it and will be happy to reimburse you for your trouble (postage, ...) if you would be happy to send/sell it to me.

Thanks in advance!
banner Wrote:Hello,

I purchased a Rii Mini bluetooth keyboard when my Dinovo Mini crapped out.***

I could not get Windows 7 to see my Rii (using the accompanying adapter).

I then installed an IOGear bluetooth adapter.

The Rii is still not seen.

My full size bluetooth keyboard is seen, and works fine.

Is there some means of putting the Rii into pairing mode? I found nothing in the instructions regarding this.

Thanks.

*** By the way, I had also purchased a Logitech MX5500 bluetooth keyboard.
Using the provided bluetooth adapter, the keyboard worked - sort of.

It had constant delays, and often repeated characters - sometimes over 1,000 times! - as I waited for it to stop.

The accompanying mouse was also extremely jerky.

After I installed the IOGear adapter (and removed the Setpoint software, and installed the Widcomm software for the IOGear adapter), the Logitech keyboard began working fine.

The Logitech mouse was seen and installed as a bluetooth device, but did not work at all, and as soon as pairing mode timed out, the mouse disappeared from the list of bluetooth devices.

Hold the Bluetooth button until it flashes green I think.
i have XBMC Live installed on Revo R3610

if i was to buy this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/handheld-re...aser-35354

would it work straight away or would i need to do some key mapping? also is the deal extreme remote a Rii Mini clone?
It should work straight away and it looks like a clone.
@bigup I bought one of those last month, it works OK. I had to unplug the usb dongle a couple of times because I lost connection with the keyboard. The range is 3-4m not the advertised 10m. Don't know if it's clone looks genuine to me. I have no experience with the bluetooth version (also available at Dealextreme) but I would buy this one instead of the RF version.
I originally bought a Bluetooth version for my AppleTV2. I never actually got it working with the AppleTV but I have had it working with my HTPC and the range for me was 2m tops and even then it can be ropey.
I was hoping the RF version was better.
Rec. my Rii Mini remote today, works great with Boxee Box.
got my Rii Mini yesterday. Worked immediately and have had no problem with range. I have the RF version. I took me a little while to figure out the RF usb adapter was actually contained in the keyboard....
My Rii bluetooth version plays up if you go past 1m.

i can't seem to find any fixes at thee moment either. Strange not many others are having range issues.
Hey guys just picked up one of these and it says I shouldn't use it for the first time until its fully charged my question is how do I know when its fully charged as it doesn't say in the instructions ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I have the Bluetooth version (bought from Pandawill.com). Range was a problem until I switched out the bundled USB Bluetooth dongle for a better one that I had; now range is OK (maybe 15 ft).

Unfortunately, it takes some time for the Bluetooth connection between the keyboard and the PC to sync up - maybe 1-2 minutes.

Functionally, it's a nice solution for XBMC - maybe the RF version would have been a better choice - though I worry about inconsistent reports about range on that one, as well.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini wireless keyboard1