Getting my new player to hide filelistings
I've made a new player in XBMC and i'd like a little help finishing it off.

I'd like it so when I play a video with my new player, it hides the filelistings (like it does when playing with dvdplayer). I'm currently basing my player on ExternalPlayer which might not have been the best of ideas...

I believe I need to write a simple renderer, I'd like to change to a fixed colour background when playback initiates. But I'm having trouble finding the hooks etc...

Thanks for any help.
HTPC : Acer Revo R3600 / 2GB PC6400 / 2x500GB Samsung 2.5" SATAII / Roland UA1-EX
Software : Arch linux / LUKS / Openbox / xbmc-svn

switch to fullscreen happens whenever we're playing video. so as long as your player returns it's playing video, we should switch. this should happen somewhere near PlayFile in application.cpp. then guiwindowfullscreen.cpp kicks in.
spiff Wrote:switch to fullscreen happens whenever we're playing video. so as long as your player returns it's playing video, we should switch. this should happen somewhere near PlayFile in application.cpp. then guiwindowfullscreen.cpp kicks in.

Thanks alot for the response. g_renderManager.IsStarted() was returning false and so SwitchToFullScreen() was not being called.

However now, the SwitchToFullScreen() returns true, and my GUI hangs freezes (but doesn't go away as I'd like it to) and then when I press escape it comes back to how it was before. Huh
HTPC : Acer Revo R3600 / 2GB PC6400 / 2x500GB Samsung 2.5" SATAII / Roland UA1-EX

shameless bump - can anyone help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting my new player to hide filelistings0