Apple remote stopped working
Maybe someone can help me.

I accidentally disabled the item "allow programs on this system to control XBMC" and the one below that one in the Network menu (can't remember what it said). XBMC froze then.

After SSH sudo reboot the apple remote was not working anymore. Is there anyway to re-enable these two items through SSH.

The remote works ok in the ATV menu. tried re-installing XBMC on top of the other one but nothing happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Nano07 Wrote:Maybe someone can help me.

I accidentally disabled the item "allow programs on this system to control XBMC" and the one below that one in the Network menu (can't remember what it said). XBMC froze then.

After SSH sudo reboot the apple remote was not working anymore. Is there anyway to re-enable these two items through SSH.

The remote works ok in the ATV menu. tried re-installing XBMC on top of the other one but nothing happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

XBMC did not freeze, it just stopped paying attention to the IR remote which is what you selected. Computers are funny, they do exactly what you tell them to do Smile

edit guisettings.xml to turn it back on.
Smile 
haha, that's funny, you're exactly right! That was a dumb thing to do (especially when it even gave me a warning after selecting that option - which I chose to ignore of course)

I found an easier way... I connected a mouse in the USB port and it worked! so I was able to navigate to that menu to re-enable it ;-)

Thanks for your help Davilla. It's fixed now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple remote stopped working0