audio help for movies
ok i am starting to convert dvds to mkv files on hard disk. i have it set to 4000kbps and it is h264, sound is set to mp3 at 128bits.
i am using dvdfab8 if anyone has any other recommendations please help.
no the issue. the issue is there is no sound. there used to be sound but not anymore i am not sure if i screwed something up or what.
i know there is sound in the file cause it works fine on vlc player just not xbmc.
plz help.

and like i said before any help in software and or codec recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
No codecs required - check your audio settings in System/System/Audio Output. If your receiver is not mp3 compatible, make sure that selection is not checked.
it is hooked up to my computer speakers right now not an htpc, yet. i went there and played with the sound options to try to get it to work but it is still not working. i do not think it was anything i did either. should i uninstall xbmc and reinstall it to see if it fixes it.
Why don't you just keep the original ac3/dts audio, it doesn't take much space.
is that just the audio copy then
i tried the audio copy and it still did not work in xbmc but worked in vlc player. so not sure what is going on. only thing different is it said the audio device could not be initialized this time.
ok i xbmc and the profiles and reinstalled it but it still does not work. any suggestions would be nice.
Is it just the DVDs you are ripping that have no sound? Do other videos and/or MP3s play sound normally?

JR
the actual dvd has sound thru xbmc and so does music. it is just the dvds i am ripping that have no sound it seems
what's codec audio (what's program) you used for ripping dvd?
probably the audio codec is not recognized or not install properly.
the program is dvdfab 8 and it is in mp3 format for audio in a mkv container. and h264 video.
mp3 is at 128 bits and video is at 4k for good quality.
fearsjohn Wrote:mp3 is at 128 bits ...
this is most compatibile format...
try to reinstall mp3 codec or change setting to rip audio Rolleyes
i tried a different audio setting it did not work as for the reinstall mp3 codec how do i do that since it only affects the xbmc movies i am watching my mp3s in my music work.
the same movies work fine with sound on vlc media player.
well good news i downloaded and installed dharma and sound is working now. thank god and keep up the good work with xbmc it is great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio help for movies0