[DHARMA] Can't get the more button on MCE remote to work
I really need some help here. I added this line: <d mod="ctrl">Info</d>
to the keymap.xml file and applied the MSRemote.reg and i still can't get it to work.
Something weird to mention is that Showkey.exe doesn't detect the "more" button but does detect all other buttons on my remote, Perhaps that's the problem?
(OS is Win7 32Bit)
What remote are you using? I've just looked at my Microsoft remote and there is no "More" button.

If your remote is Microsoft compatible and uses the ehome driver the MSRemote.reg file will configure the "i" button to send ctrl-D (ctrl-D is the standard MCE shortcut for "Details"). With the keyboard.xml entry <d mod="ctrl">Info</d> this should make the "i" button display the Info screen.

JR
Hi jhsrennie. I have the original Microsoft remote and it has the "More" button:
http://images.tigerdirect.ca/itemDetails...allout.jpg
Edit: I think we are talking about the same button, it's just labeled "more" but is printed I.
Ok so how come this button isn't recognized by Showkey.exe ?
I've just connected a Microsoft remote to a new installation of Win7, downloaded mceremote.zip and run MSRemote.reg and rebooted, and ShowKey reports ctrl-D when I press the "i" button.

In mceremote.zip there is a reg file called CreateTestConfig.reg that can be used for checking problems with button mappings. If you run this file and reboot then use Showkey you should find the i button reports a keypress. Try it and post the results here. You'll need to rerun MSRemote.reg and reboot to make the remote work with XBMC again.

JR
Great! That indeed fixed the problem, but now i have another problem: when i press the sleep button on the remote, a shutdown menu opens up (like pressing alt+f4 from desktop) instead of the pc actually entering S3 automatically.
You've set the default shutdown action?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That doesn't help because before i applied MSRemote.reg the sleep button would put the pc to sleep automatically.
Now the computer recognizes the sleep button as alt+f4...
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/t...ptions.jpg
kurd Wrote:That doesn't help because before i applied MSRemote.reg the sleep button would put the pc to sleep automatically.
Now the computer recognizes the sleep button as alt+f4...
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/t...ptions.jpg

MSRemote.reg configures the power button on the remote to send alt-F4. This is so it can be used to exit XBMC. To restore the default behaviour for the power button open MSRemote.reg in Notepad and find the line:

0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

and change it to:

0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power

then rerun the .reg file and reboot.

JR
Thank you my friend Big Grin. We can consider this thread fully solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DHARMA] Can't get the more button on MCE remote to work0