[Windows] Ability to set delay before playback begins if adjust refresh rate selected
Sweet. I've been waiting for this. Thanx.

If it makes any different, I would also like to see this in the Dharma release.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Nice! I had turned the option for adjust display refresh rate off because of this same issue others are having. On my living room Pioneer Plasma it takes about 2-3 seconds to switch modes to either standard pulldown or 5:5 (72hz). With my bedroom tv there is no pause so I have it on and works great.

If this is in the gui and configurable in future svn's that is great! For right now how do we enable it? Is it a setting we can put into advancesettings.xml?

EDIT: My tv doesn't take a sec switching modes but takes a sec when detecting the signal changes. Not that it matters as the outcome is the same.
Is it possible to make this automatic? To sense when windows has changed to the right refresh rate?
StarChild Wrote:Is it possible to make this automatic? To sense when windows has changed to the right refresh rate?

I think the delay usually comes from the monitor/tv/projector taking some time to readjust to the refresh rate new settings. No way of sensing that.

Harry
Bobo - excellent work, but in truth the delay is only adding to delays already in place Laugh as the result of the 'double' HDMI handshake issue on 24/23.976 refresh changes. Until this issue is resolved its difficult to see how effectively this will work.
Well, that's a completely different issue.
Agreed but it does make testing a little difficult.
Well, fingers crossed this change will allow us to set a pause so that XBMC will read the file, change the refresh rate, and then play the file, whereas at the moment, the file begins playing, then after a second or two of playback, xbmc detects the framerate and begins the framerate changes.

I'm hoping that's how it'll work out anyway, rather than just delaying playback full stop and sync changes etc still happen a few seconds into playback which would make it a bit redundant Big Grin.

How it works in practice I guess we'll have to see once SVN become available after Dharma release.
I don't think this is necessary any more now when the issue with double handshake is resolved http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9471#comment:2 . After r34540 it works very well, no interrupts, at least for me.
Even more awesome. You're right it might not be needed if the double HDMI handshake is fixed.

Starchild, which version are you using? I've tried the latest Dharma SVN and non-Dharma windows SVN from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and both still exhibit a double handshake when loading 23hz material, and adjust refresh is enabled...so at least for me this fix doesnt seem to be working (as the SVNs were 34553/552)

Being able to get one single refresh rate change, and then the media plays would be bliss, rather than the one change, file starts playing, about 3 seconds later another handshake triggers which is what I get now.
I use r34552 Dharma branched with 23Hz material. I only get one single handshake.

If it doesn't work for you, consider to report it in Ticket 9471
Actually playing around it seems this does work for most of my files, just one set so far seems to throw it off and reintroduce the double sync. Either way its an improvement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Ability to set delay before playback begins if adjust refresh rate selected0