C64 (.sid) music should be played mono
Hi,

I was delighted to find out i can play SID music from the HVSC collection trough XBMC (i'am using Dharma beta 2). However, XBMC plays all SID music in stereo, which is pretty horrific to listen to with the SID's 3 channels panned hard to the left and right speakers.

SID music should really be played mono! My suggestion is to change the default behaviour of XBMC to play these file as they were supposed to.

Is there a setting somewhere to change this anyway?

Many thanks.

Dennis
hi, i did the sid codec at a point in time where our player choked on mono. this works fine now and i agree, so i have changed it in svn (trunk + dharma). incidentially i also stumbled upon the fact that it did not work on amd64 and remedied that as well.
Wow, that was fast. Thank you very much! I'll give it spin and let you know how it worked out. You are amazing!

Dennis
If possible, it would be nice to have an option for some sort of mixing, so that it could be stereo, but not hard panned to the sides. Also, a choice of 6581/8580. I know many consider the older one to be the "true" sid, but some tunes were written for the newer chips. Some players auto select the appropriate chip, that would be nice too. Perhaps this is already present, I haven't looked. Sorry if I'm asking for stuff already done!
i believe sidplay handles that just fine and hvsc is now in PSID2NG in its entirety afaik?
hi!

I could not test it until today since i've been running the Windows build for a few weeks now (ubuntu/xbmc kept crashing on me.. don't know why). Playing SID files mono works with beta 3! However, what are the others settings of libsidplay? The filters seem to be disabled, and i also have the feeling the files are played at 22Khz or something. I'am not 100% sure, but it just doesn't sound right. Can you look into this? Many thanks!!

Dennis

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
C64 (.sid) music should be played mono0