Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?
jdembski Wrote:Just pushed a fix for this (hopefully Smile)

Sweet, I guess I'll start compiling again. I'm glad my PC is quick or this would be a pain.
redknight Wrote:Sweet, I guess I'll start compiling again. I'm glad my PC is quick or this would be a pain.

I would use git - then you can just fetch the changes; compiling new versions is then just a matter of seconds because not everything needs to be compiled again...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
I'm a linux noob, I'm literally following your instructions from earlier in the post but downloading everything fresh each time.

I had a problem with your instructions before;

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
2. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
3. sudo apt-get install git
4. git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc.git
5. cd xbmc
6. ./bootstrap
7. ./configure
8. make

I found that when I did this it sync'd the local xbmc folder with what I would call the main branch(opendekampf pvr), not your VU_PLUS ADDON branch. Since then I've been skipping git and simply downloading the zip of your branch and working with that each time.

If I want to git sync with your branch what am I doing wrong with "git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc.git" and if I want to re-compile do I still do"./bootstrap, ./configure, make"? in that order or do i not need some of it
Hi everyone Smile

I have tried everything to make this work on windows. I'm currently on windows7 64.

After I compiled xbmc I've found out that all pvr addons were enabled. I configured the vuplus addon, disabled-enabled it, without any luck. It just won't start. Sad
Cha0s Wrote:Hi everyone Smile

I have tried everything to make this work on windows. I'm currently on windows7 64.

After I compiled xbmc I've found out that all pvr addons were enabled. I configured the vuplus addon, disabled-enabled it, without any luck. It just won't start. Sad

I'm pretty sure it's missing components at this stage, the windows parts were only begun yesterday. Try making a linux version, install vmware ubuntu if you dont have an extra machine and play with it there
I think I might just do that Smile
Cha0s Wrote:I think I might just do that Smile

it's still a little fragile and the creator is adding changes everyday, so I wouldn't want it as my main XBMC for the moment anyways. The wife would kill me if it kept crashing lol

For the moment I'm just happy to finally see my satelite can be brought into xbmc, I've wanted this for months.
its good that some one has done this after a while congratulation

can u expalin how did you get it working to stream vu to your xbox
ive already got xbmc as my dash on my xbox
do i have to install this as well
how
i can see 2 files here
one is Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar
and the other is
xbmc-11.0-Eden_rc2.exe
which file i need to put on the xbox
there is another folder in the Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar
file called pvr vuplus
can i install this as an addon to my existing xbmc or how do i proceed
boxer29 Wrote:its good that some one has done this after a while congratulation

can u expalin how did you get it working to stream vu to your xbox
ive already got xbmc as my dash on my xbox
do i have to install this as well
how
i can see 2 files here
one is Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar
and the other is
xbmc-11.0-Eden_rc2.exe
which file i need to put on the xbox
there is another folder in the Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar
file called pvr vuplus
can i install this as an addon to my existing xbmc or how do i proceed

As far as my knowledge goes it's not ready to be installed as a standalone add-on yet, I have absolutley zero coding knowledge. It's in binary which means it needs to be completely compiled from scratch with xbmc included. I have no idea where you would start if you're still using an actual xbox, what we're doing at the moment is taking this git;

https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc/tree/addon_vuplus

and doing this in terminal;

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable (I'm using ubuntu Oneric which the stable PPA doesnt have dependencies for so I started using the unstable one)
2. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
3. sudo apt-get install git
4. git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc.git
5. cd xbmc
6. ./bootstrap
7. ./configure
8. make

I had a problem with libcec dependency, this was rectified by adding;

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pulse-eight/libcec
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libcec

Let me know how you get on

EDIT: THAT FACE WITH A TONGUE OUT IS A SEMICOLON FOLLOWED BY A P, picked up as a silly face by the forum
jdembski Wrote:Just pushed a fix for this (hopefully Smile)

Hopefully! ye of little faith. That fixed it mate Big Grin

Where are we with the win32 stuff? I clearly fail, I just compiled it using a guide I found on the net but didn't know there was coding working needed by you to make it work. You added stuff last night, but it seems to be referencing things that don't exist.
redknight Wrote:Hopefully! ye of little faith. That fixed it mate Big Grin

Where are we with the win32 stuff? I clearly fail, I just compiled it using a guide I found on the net but didn't know there was coding working needed by you to make it work. You added stuff last night, but it seems to be referencing things that don't exist.

I think I might have another look tomorrow - to be completely honest: the MS Visual Studio stuff is quite confusing to me most the time, so it might take a little while until we have a ready to use solution Smile

What I would like to know from a XBMC-Dev: I put the compiled win32 libcurl library into the PVR directory - just as the vnsi-plugin put the pthread-lib into the addon dir. Is this a feasible procedure, or do I need to remove the curl dependency too?
Got an error when trying to switch channel. Streaming currently selected channel (selected by dreambox remote) is not problem. The box is an DM 500HD with latest OpenPLI software.

Debug Log....

http://pastebin.com/mnWDBZGd
xayide Wrote:Got an error when trying to switch channel. Streaming currently selected channel (selected by dreambox remote) is not problem. The box is an DM 500HD with latest OpenPLI software.

Debug Log....

http://pastebin.com/mnWDBZGd

Is the DM 500HD a single or dual tuner? If it is a single tuner then this might be the problem as the satbox will always have the priority - maybe I can add the feature at some time that a channel switch will be made prior to starting a stream on single tuner boxes...
Had a look around the giu, epg and channelists...What can I say....WOW!!
Amazingly good work!
jdembski Wrote:Is the DM 500HD a single or dual tuner? If it is a single tuner then this might be the problem as the satbox will always have the priority - maybe I can add the feature at some time that a channel switch will be made prior to starting a stream on single tuner boxes...

Yes it is a single tuner box. I have a script I made which works..it changes channel by this syntax...

CHANNELSWITCH = DREAMBOXIPTongueORT+"/web/zap?sRef="+ChannelID

where sref=channelid

If it is possible to just ad an option to bypass prio of singletunerboxes it would be all good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuxbox PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2?2