Dharma Beta 2 browsing network
Just fired up beta 2 and it's already looking tight :o)

The first thing I tried was browsing the network and I got strange error, connection timed out, programs, programs prompt. I tried adding the path, again no joy, xbmc timed out...

I have a hidden xbmc user account on every PC in the house to make it easy to allow xbmc to traverse my network, so I figured all I needed to do was fire in the username and password into the SMB client settings, but that option seems to have gone now (can't remember when I last saw that option to be honest). the only way I was able to browse to my shares was to manually add smb://user:pass@workgroup to the sources.xml file and issue killall xbmc to force a restart.

Weird...

I guess what I'm trying to say is out of the box XBMC doesn't seem to prompt for a user/pass for network resources, well for me anyway!!
Will fix the programs, programs thing - that is already fixed in trunk but wasn't merged to Dharma.

If we get that dialog then it indicates that smb didn't return "authentication needed".

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma Beta 2 browsing network0