[WIP] TWiT Addon
That's brilliant, thanks muchly!
I updated it. Though I see now at Google Code that divingmule is working on the update. Ah well, maybe someone wanna use it till he releases it.

http://bayfiles.com/file/iKfn/rRJema/plu...o.twit.zip (don't seem to need a pre account to download even if it's the only button)
(The zip before 23:30 had the "i" in caps for "This Week in Computer Hardware")
-Added the new shows, of course. I forgot to add it to the list. Smile
-Removed retired shows from default.py and strings
-Changed "The Weekly Daily Giz Wiz" to "The Giz Wiz"
-Changed Mediafly images too feed.twit.tv
-Set Latest, Specials and Live in brackets.
-Moved Specials to top (as it's not really a "show" like the rest)
-Changed caps (the full names) for TWiT and TWiG. They don't use all caps on their site, only place I've seen is the wiki.
-Sorted the shows alphabetically instead of some "popular" order.
-Added abbreviation in parentheses  for some of shows that are know by their abbreviation. I.e. AAA, TWiT, TWiCH, TWiL, TWiET & TNT

---

Fixed Before You Buy
http://bayfiles.com/file/j1WT/Nvv8BB/plu...o.twit.zip
Trying to figure out an issue I'm having with the Twit addon in xbmc. Error:Script failed1 : plugin.video.twit

Twit addon is 1.0.9 and XBMC is Eden-Just installed. 10/01/2012

Dual Core CPU-4GB RAM Vista SP2 Desktop

Now here's where I'm stuck.
Sitting here with that desktop running XBMC and my laptop running Win7 and XBMC same time. Same wireless network.
When I click Twit in xbmc on laptop, all works just fine and list the shows. Click one, view, perfect, no issues.
But when I attempt same thing on Vista box, no dice and get the error.

Now here is the other thing.
I also have Revision3 and TwitchTV on both. They both work just fine on the same desktop where Twit will not.
Already tried un-installing and re-installing the addon. No dice. What's up with this?
I also waited 24 hrs before posting just incase there may be an issue on Twits end, but still same error.
Hi phantomrider, if you could, reproduce the error then copy your xbmc.log to http://pastebin.com (or similar) and post the link here.
(2012-10-04, 13:01)divingmule Wrote: Hi phantomrider, if you could, reproduce the error then copy your xbmc.log to http://pastebin.com (or similar) and post the link here.

Thanks for the reply. I will attempt to do that.
In the mean time, the Twit addon actually started working for no apparent reason. But then had the same error later that same day. But then started working again.
So something is weird I guess.
Again, what I find odd is when this occurs on desktop Twit works fine on laptop, and then same time on desktop other addons work fine.
I am also testing in another way too. Same desktop has two HDD's. So I have done a clean install of Linux Mint on this drive and added XBMC and Twit there as well. I will continue to test and report error logs as I can.
Thanks again.
I know this may sound a little unpractical at first but a few people I ran it through in person said it sounds cool.

Can the TWiT plugin be modified that it can "split screen" so that a person can view the chat room on the screen, kinda like if anyone ever seen Chris Pirillo live.

I mean it would if you could join the chat, but mainly I would like to view the chat and see what folks are saying doing the recording of shows.
Hi, it's not really practical because the add-on is a plugin type add-on and with a plugin your limited to basically a virtual directory browser.

I have thought about doing this by splitting the live stuff in to a script but, it's a lot of work especially with my limited skinning knowledge. Then there is how to get the chat feed, it doesn't work like a video stream Confused

It seems like the twit and the livestream plugins video both time out after 2 hours playing time on my apple tv and my raspberry pi (rasbmc) is there a way to make it auto reconnect for video streams that time out
Hi davutz, not from the add-on side of things. As with most add-on's, once we send the playback URL to the XBMC.player, the add-on actually isn't running anymore.
Weren't the shows sorted before? I know they weren't for quite a while. But then last year you sorted them, now they aren't anymore. With sorted I mean of course alphabetical. I dunno which way they are sorted now. Random? It's not "recent" at least. Though I guess I can just edit the "shows" file, but as everything is on one line it'll be it won't be fun.

I changed it but the sorting is still the same. The last version of the addon was easier to configure, at least for a none coder. Smile

Bug: "OMGchad" won't load.
Hi, do this, look in the default.py ~line 390 change -
Code:
xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), 'tvshows')
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]))

to -
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL)
Make sure to use the same indentation, spaces not tabs.

The shows file is just for an initial cache. Then the shows are cached in a python dictionary, so the order is how ever python feels like spitting them out. Smile
HI divingmule,

Great app.I was wondering though.

Can you please add the HD Video feeds to the addon so I can watch the shows in HD aswell if I choose to do so.

Thanks.

Cool
Hi, glad you enjoy it.

You can switch to the HD streams via the add-on settings. You can open the add-on setting anywhere in the add-on from the context menu.
Hi divingmule,

Ah...Got it.

Thanks.

Hi divingmulel,

Ah..Got it.

Thanks.

Something weird just happened sorry for the double reply

thanks.
(2013-03-31, 17:45)divingmule Wrote: Hi, do this, look in the default.py ~line 390 change -
Code:

to -
Code:
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL)
Make sure to use the same indentation, spaces not tabs.

The shows file is just for an initial cache. Then the shows are cached in a python dictionary, so the order is how ever python feels like spitting them out. Smile

Yeah, works fine. But why not make it default? I like how the Rev3 add-on looks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] TWiT Addon0