Dolby digital ac3 from dvd iso not produce sound on optical out in digital setting
Details: appletv 3.0.2
Launcher 3.2.5
Crystal HD driver r26082010
In nito menu, Turner dolby digital ON for both mplayer and dvd
In Apple tv settings menu, digital output is Turned on
Used for testing snatch dvd iso from selfmade owned superbit dvd, full clone
(clonedvd on Windows machine used for clone, anydvd for decrypt)

Have had this problem forever..., with All ac3 files..

1. I have nigthly build 33778
2. Output is set to digital
3. downmix is on
4. ac3 and dts are both checked as supporter
5. I have à Sony receiver capable of dts, dolby digital ac3 5.1, dolby prologic i & ii.
6. Dts is working; i use à dvd iso copy from à dvd i own "snatch", which has both dts and dolby digital 5.1 support
7. When switching to dolby digital in the dvd disc menu, audio is gone
8. Switch sound on xbmc to analog Will bring sound on tv, not on receiver..
9. I have tried both 'default output' device and 'built in output device', no difference
10. I tried using number of speakers 2.0 and 5.1. I have 5.1 speakersystem connected to the receiver

How do i get sound on my 5.1 system with ac3 dvd Iso's? Preferably digital, but analog output would also at least be better than nothing. Currently THE only thing that works is just have analog audio on my tv..

Would GREATLY appreciate any help, have been reading this whole forum to find a solution. All i found was some similar issues, no real solutions or bug reports. i would even feel great if this is à known or newly found bug. Then i know i am not crazy ;-)
I don't want to do davilla's job ... but where is the xbmc.log ?
hmm it sounds pretty similar to my problem but on a MAC Mini ...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76816

I'm going to post a bug for this
When setting appletv settings to "dolby digital output: off", in the appletv original menu, behavior becomes a little better:

Dolby digital Will now produce sound, although not digital.. On both analog and digital connections (minijack and optical out)
Dts produces sound on optical out, helicopter sound on minijack out. Which must mean that with dolby digital output set to off in appleos, dts is still sent out digitally, and ac3 is not.

Weird behavior of the appletv, i would like to have specific options on the different sound output types

For example:
Dts: send digital out to optical, analog downmix to minijack
Ac3: send analog downmix to minijack, analog to optical
Etc..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby digital ac3 from dvd iso not produce sound on optical out in digital setting0