• 29(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Stranger Wrote:I would also like to know this, I would like to know how to add a favourite and smart playlist (without making the smart playlist a favourite) to any of the sub-menu's... aswell as the ability to add fanart to the additional sub-menu items. I would also like to have unpacked textures so I can make some minor personal aesthetic adjustments... if only.
Man, I feel so embarrassed. I was in a rush, and just got in to ask a question without reading the post right before my post which was about the same thing No

Anyway, it is quite simple to get it done by editing Include_Mainmenu.xml:
* Create your desired smartplaylist. In this example, it is Recently Played Movies.xsp which locates at .xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/
* Open Include_MainMenu.xml in 720p folder
* If you are adding extra submenu under Movies, then do a search for '<item id="237">' (~line 1984 for latest MQ skin 2-2.1.1)
* Replace everything inside tag '<item id="237">...</item>' by for example:
Code:
<item id="237">
            <description>Recently Played</description>
            <label>Played</label>
            <include>Movie_Link</include>
            <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/"Recently Played Movies".xsp,return)</onclick>
            <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(6)</visible>
          </item>
With the above edition, your submenu will be Played, and it is linked to your Recently Played Movies.xsp smart playlist.

Adding other items is similar. By default, you can add up to 4 more items (for example, I have Recently Played, HD Movies, Top 100), but you can add more than that, just be sure that your id number (like 237 above) should be unique.

I am sure that the authors of Aeon having those submenu in the xml by some purposes (maybe for features of adding submenu for later versions?). Hope that they will develop them soon so that we dont have to edit like this.

If anybody needs further assistance, feel free to shout out loud!

Cheers,

D.
Hi MarcosQui and other authors,

Is this possible to have a better naming (and consistent usages) for fonts in folder fonts? I found it to be a mess (maybe because I dont know what they are for, and how they are used in the skin):

* Some of them named pretty good, such as aeon_main.ttf, aeon_setting.ttf, but others are weird: aeon_main_ce.ttf, aeon_settings_cy.ttf, scout.ttf, swisaeon.ttf. If this possible to have them all named in a better manner? This can be easily done by a grep or find and sed in unix, but I dont want to do that everytime I update the skin.

* More importantly, lots of them are not used (as indicated in 720p/Fonts.xml). For example, in 2-2.1.1, there are 46 fonts in folder fonts, but only 21 fonts are used in 720p/Fonts.xml. I tried deleting the rest of 25 fonts and XBMC runs just fine without any problem.

The reason why I ask for this request is because fonts used in aeon (and your mod) are not fully unicode supported (for example for Vietnamese). I normally have to replace default fonts with my own set of fonts.

Thanks,

D.
dukevn Wrote:Man, I feel so embarrassed. I was in a rush, and just got in to ask a question without reading the post right before my post which was about the same thing No

Anyway, it is quite simple to get it done by editing Include_Mainmenu.xml:
* Create your desired smartplaylist. In this example, it is Recently Played Movies.xsp which locates at .xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/
* Open Include_MainMenu.xml in 720p folder
* If you are adding extra submenu under Movies, then do a search for '<item id="237">' (~line 1984 for latest MQ skin 2-2.1.1)
* Replace everything inside tag '<item id="237">...</item>' by for example:
Code:
<item id="237">
            <description>Recently Played</description>
            <label>Played</label>
            <include>Movie_Link</include>
            <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/"Recently Played Movies".xsp,return)</onclick>
            <visible>Container(300).HasFocus(6)</visible>
          </item>
With the above edition, your submenu will be Played, and it is linked to your Recently Played Movies.xsp smart playlist.

Adding other items is similar. By default, you can add up to 4 more items (for example, I have Recently Played, HD Movies, Top 100), but you can add more than that, just be sure that your id number (like 237 above) should be unique.

I am sure that the authors of Aeon having those submenu in the xml by some purposes (maybe for features of adding submenu for later versions?). Hope that they will develop them soon so that we dont have to edit like this.

If anybody needs further assistance, feel free to shout out loud!

Cheers,

D.

Great guide. It works, except that my sub menu item '2010' for 2010 movies is not shown. I just have a blank space, but if i click on it, I can see the results of the smart playlist.

I tried a full reset, and I have some sub menu items hidden, so this may effect it, although it shouldnt as there is a space, its just blank.
Just a reply to state that I love the skin Smile

Will read this entire treath in the next few days Smile
First question:

Is it possible to change the genre icons? I managed to disply genre_fanart, but I would like to instal a new series of icons Smile

Thnx
Cnasta Wrote:First question:

Is it possible to change the genre icons? I managed to disply genre_fanart, but I would like to instal a new series of icons Smile

Thnx

I'm sure they are compressed with the rest of the textures... I have contact MarcosQui in regards to the textures
Can someone help me with the following issue :

When I play a playlist of music on the homesreen there is no possibilty for me to skip to the next track.
below is a link to the homescreen image

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3817/...nmusic.jpg

I know it is possible and had it in the past but it did not work for me at the moment.

Thanks for the help
I can use a Winamp playlist with XBMC? I mean, i have some playlist made it with winamp, and it could be great if i just can that use it!
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
remote, keyboard or mouse?
I use mostly keyboard and sometimes the mouse.

sergiocos Wrote:remote, keyboard or mouse?
dukevn Wrote:Anyway, it is quite simple to get it done by editing Include_Mainmenu.xml:

Forgot to thank you, haven't yet tried it out but looking forward to it. Thanks
Stranger Wrote:Forgot to thank you, haven't yet tried it out but looking forward to it. Thanks

I have done this, and it works, but as per my earlier post, I dont get any text on the sub-menu for the smart playlist. It may be becuase I have hidden most of them, I only have recent and my smart playlist, so maybe I need to unhide them all. I haven't checked yet.

Thanks for the guide though! Big Grin
Does anyone got problem in 2.1.1. with lyrics showing up?
All was fine back in 2.1.0. however script is still working when I switch back to confluence skin

Allready tryed to uninstal/instal but that didn't help...
In version 2.1.1 changed CU lyrics by other plugin: LRC Lyrics, go to add ons, get LRC Lyrics, this is great plugin for lyrics...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Wanilton Wrote:In version 2.1.1 changed CU lyrics by other plugin: LRC Lyrics, go to add ons, get LRC Lyrics, this is great plugin for lyrics...

got it... thank you for info! Smile

great plugin, but from time to time crashes my xbmc...got dharma beta 4

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62769
for xbmc newer than 10.05 dharma:
==================================
note:need xbmc newer than r34592, otherwise will crash xbmc!!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232