• 50(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
the way i told you is the way to go....
it wont take 1GB of space out of your HDD right?
Tongue
SlaveUnit Wrote:Go to SETTINGS > MAIN MENU > VISUAL >
Then play with the "use fanart images from collection" settings for movies/tv/shows.

I don't use this feature and the box I'm on doesn't have anything scanned into the TV Shows library, so I'm not 100% sure that will separate them. But I think that's the point of the feature.

This doesn't separate them...hence my problem. Thanks though.

eskro Wrote:the way i told you is the way to go....
Tongue

I'll use your way for now, but having to manually update the backdrops folder everytime will be annoying. Hopefully the auto-separation can be added in future updates of this great skin

On a related note, I've noticed that each movie folder in my library has a "fanart.jpg" and a "[movie title]-fanart.jpg". I under Ember MM...is this normal? They're identical files and I can't understand why there are two copies? Does XBMC scrape one image while Ember scrapes the other one?
eskro Wrote:the way i told you is the way to go....
Tongue

So with this method you would want to dig out new backgrounds every time you add a new movie?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
MarcosQui and all that have helped, thank you guys for the continued support and great develepment in a fantastic skin. This is more of an educational question for me than anything.

Is the primary reason for placing items on the main menu ie. HD Movies with submenues ie. Genre, Blu-Ray, etc. filter out anything in your library that meet the criteria in your smart playlist? So you can easily seperate what you want when creating rules for the playlist?

The reason I was asking was due to my current library. I currently only have bluray rips of my originals all HD, but I haven't had time to convert my regular DVD's yet so my entire library consists of HD movies. I planned on creating a new item on the main menu Blu-Ray, but in Aeon MQ2 v2.5.1 it asks for movies or tv when creating the menu option and when complete it comes up with a selection of movies, tv shows, etc. then i have to drill down to movies, title, etc. to see my current movie collection. I also noticed that the "recently added" option will not be available on my added menu button. I figured I would create a sub-menu "Blu-Ray" as a smart playlist with the rules of video resolution is 1080. I was then able to scroll to Blu-Ray Main Menu, down to Blu-Ray sub-menu and it displays my current collection, but there is no recently added plugin for the main menu button i just created.

Honestly I dont know if I am doing things correctly, so i wanted some insight as to what you guys thought. I figured i would continue to use the "movie" main menu button and just create a sub-menu with a smart playlist labled "Blu-Ray" and "DVD" Then that way I can continue to use the recently added plugin feature and the smart playlist will sperate what i need for me. Sorry if this makes absolutely no sense. Oo
SlaveUnit Wrote:So with this method you would want to dig out new backgrounds every time you add a new movie?

With this method, if I add a new movie to my library and want it's fanart to be cycled through as a potential backdrop, I would have to manually add that new movie's fanart to my new backdrop folder.
soundbyte Wrote:This doesn't separate them...hence my problem. Thanks though.

I'll use your way for now, but having to manually update the backdrops folder everytime will be annoying. Hopefully the auto-separation can be added in future updates of this great skin

On a related note, I've noticed that each movie folder in my library has a "fanart.jpg" and a "[movie title]-fanart.jpg". I under Ember MM...is this normal? They're identical files and I can't understand why there are two copies? Does XBMC scrape one image while Ember scrapes the other one?

Check your Ember fanart settings under the movie options. Sounds like you have more than 1 option set to store fanart.

As for making the fanart copying easier.
Open up Windows Explorer, navigate to the root folder that contains your TV Shows.
In the search box in the upper right-hand corner type in "fanart.jpg". It will then list all the fanart.jpg in all the subfolders that your shows are in.
Highlight the list, copy/paste to new folder.

It's just 3 steps really. I have around 70 TV shows, total size of the fanart folder is less than 60MB Wink

Edit: Support I should add that I do this using Windows 7. Also regarding posts about "new" items. Just do the search and copy/paste all the contents, really it takes seconds to copy them all and overwrite what's already there, so no need to "fish through" finding new art. We are just talking about small jpeg files here, even the 1080 fanart. Tongue This also makes it possible to cycle TV and Movie fanart with skins that don't have Aeon's option.
Yeah you are right. I never used it but I thought it did separate them...sorry about that.
soundbyte Wrote:On a related note, I've noticed that each movie folder in my library has a "fanart.jpg" and a "[movie title]-fanart.jpg".

Here's what i have in one of my Movie folders...

i usually delete the "fanart.jpg" from there...
its just a duplicate...

i only keep "Movie.Name.(Year)-fanart.jpg"

I use XBNE to create my NFO files and i just love its simplicity!!
MarcosQui Wrote:The Aeon MQ has its own repository, and it worked fine until XBMC Beta 2, but since then the upgrade was complicated, XBMC does not erase the skin before installing the new issue and a black screen, so I decided to take the repository air for now.

TRAC was opened, let's see if they decide:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10876

Because of this a friend of mine was working on the "updater" that would be the exclusive skin updater, but unfortunately he left before finishing the project and then we were on hand.

If anyone knows Python and want to continue the work, send me a PM, I thank you.

Thanks for the reply Marcos I appreciate it.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Originally Posted by SlaveUnit View Post
I think I have found a bug. This does not happen with Confluence. When going to SETTINGS > (push down) SYSTEM INFO I get "script failed: version.py". I am running RC2.

SlaveUnit Wrote:MarcosQui,
Your fix worked great for this but Im guessing you forgot to include it in the new 2.5.1 release?

MarcosQui Wrote:Fixed.

After just downloading the full skin from the first post page I still get the same error. I also still get the errors of the rapidly changing backgrounds on the SETTINGS > VISUALIZATIONS and PROFILES. The one fixed here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=658...tcount=602

I only mention these because all your links to the fixes are dead now.

Maybe the download in the first post wasn't updated?
Please download and install the fix available in the first post, will solve.
soundbyte Wrote:This doesn't separate them...hence my problem. Thanks though.

New feature auto-separation of fanart on tests, hopefully will come in the next version of the skin. Nod

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Not only the labels are missing as well as the bottom panel in multiplex.

I will correct as soon as possible.

Thanks for the screens, it helps a lot.
MarcosQui Wrote:Not only the labels are missing as well as the bottom panel in multiplex.

I will correct as soon as possible.

Thanks for the screens, it helps a lot.

AEON65 is showing all these missing fields correctly, also it does have the music record labels. Btw, your skin is one of the smoothest and colourful Aeon mods.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232