• 61(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Same delay, I'm still using 2.5 for this reason.
I'm new with Cinema Experience script...can someone please explain me how to set it properly...
Marcos,

You are the XBMC Skinning Maestro and I thankyou for a wonderful Skin (the best yet actually)

These are not orders!! more if you can fix the following I think we would all appreciate it!

Bug Fixes Please:

*Ability to restore my backdrops back to theme defaults after customisation.
NOTE: Seems I can continue to change/customise but not default to the original backdrops.

*Get rid of the lag (up to 7 seconds reportedly - not in 2.51) when opening home menu items like Movies & TV shows and when opening the settings-->edit main menu option

Not important but would like to see:

*Being able to move around home menu items aka rearranging.

Anyone else like to add to this? maybe this would be useful for Marcos to have!

Anyway do whatever you want, its your skin but it would be extremely nice of you to have a look at the above.

Thanks
taba Wrote:I'm new with Cinema Experience script...can someone please explain me how to set it properly...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
At first MQ 2 is my favourite Aeon Skin by far.

For my Movies I`m using the Multiplex View with the Plot Layout.

I have 4 extrathumbs for each movie. Is it possible to let them change automatically all 5 sec or so? So my third thumb is replacing the first in the screen and my fourth is replacing the second in the screen?

Could you make a layout like

left side ------------ middle ---------------------- right side

Plot -------- 1 big extrathumb (changing) ------------ Poster
master345 Wrote:Not important but would like to see:

*Being able to move around home menu items aka rearranging.

Anyone else like to add to this? maybe this would be useful for Marcos to have!

That would help my OCD too. :p
I hate to say this but I have gone back to 2.5 for now, the delay on 2.6 is just too long, hopefully this can be fixed.
Great new 2.6 version, especially happy that the lyrics plugin now seems to work. However there still remains some issues:
  • lag as reported above, more like 2-3 secs in my case, but noticeably slower than 2.5.x

• when adding "New item" when customizing home screen, only a subset of my Favorites are actually addable. e.g. I created a favorite for "Picture addons", but it doesn't appear in the list of favorites to add. ditto for certain other favorites, such as a Favorite to the "Big Picture" picture plugin (I know I can add this as a "script" but it should work either way). not sure what the common element is that is preventing all my favorites being shown as addable, will try to investigate. upon further investigation it seems that this restriction might be due to the fact that it will only read the first 15 favorites (I tested this by moving favorites around a bit) and then then cycles back to the beginning of the list, meaning that you can't add favorites that are after the 15th in the list. perhaps the developer thought that 15 would be enough? I use favorites heavily, so this is a major drawback

• when adding submenu items to user-created home screen items, only "Add favorite" is available, which means you can't add playlists, scripts etc. as submenu items. this is in contrast to adding submenus for the built-in items such as "Music", "Movies", it appears all types are allowed in those cases

• on the subject of adding favorites to the home screen, it would be useful to prefill out the dialog with the name of the new home screen item with the name of favorite, would save a lot of typing (or mousing around the screen)

• reviews in "Album info" don't scroll, even with plot scrolling option on, this means I can only read the first page of a review.

• there doesn't appear to be way of immediately hiding the OSD with song info in fullscreen. this used to go away after toggling the left-context button, I think. related to this is the disappearance of the Visualization/OSD submenu in the Aeon MQ2 settings which has been previously reported.

Lastly, would it be possible to provide the themes in a more platform-neutral format than .exe? e.g. a .zip file. exe's obviously won't self-extract under Linux (without installing Wine at least), nor I presume Mac
I have a small request if possible. Could we have a "fixed list" option in music multiplex and episode landscape views please? If you just have a couple of items the wrapping looks really bad imo because things are repeated lots. Thanks Smile
i just love the skin. 2.6 is even better than 2.51!!

i miss one option which was there in 2.51: enable/disable date and time while in visualization (music)... Can you please put it back in? Or did i just not see it?

thanks a bunch!
is it not in 'extra panel 'option when you choose the side menu?
bigbear77 Wrote:i just love the skin. 2.6 is even better than 2.51!!

i miss one option which was there in 2.51: enable/disable date and time while in visualization (music)... Can you please put it back in? Or did i just not see it?

thanks a bunch!

You need to go to MUSIC. Then go to the side panel and enable LIBRARY (if it isnt already). Then back in the side panel got to EXTRA OPTIONS. In there you will see you DATE/TIME option. To have it disappear I think you have to enable it (backwards).
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
ah okay thanks. im not using the library mode (gotta tag my mp3s first ;-)). ill check it out. thanks!
Wanilton Wrote:SlaveUnit,

These options are al in side panel, the options available at extra panel. look music, movies..

"now playing" spinning disc is gone when you are in the MOVIES section.
Set On - View Now Playing - this solve your problem.

Big Grin

Quick question, how did you get that CD case for you posters to appear in Showcase?
Btw, is there any change Aeon MQ will get included in the official repository? Because, IMO, Marqos just created the best Aeon skin available.

-> Fast (ok, the 5 second delay when entering the library is just a minor bug, will probably get fixed after Christmas or the New Year, let the man enjoy a well deserved holiday)
-> Looks extremely good. The latest itineration shows a very fine atention to detail, including matching the poster colors with the menu colors.
-> Very customizable.

I see no reason why not to include it.

Btw, Merry Christmas all and a very pleasent New Year Smile
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232