• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Marcosqui, is there a way to uncompress the XBT file ourselves?

because a work around to get the backdrops working correctly regarding the black backdrops problem, is to simply replace the official backdrops with the one of our choice..

because selecting a different backdrop manually doesnt work forever...
i'll eventually get black backdrops again,,,

so if there's a way to overwrite the current official ones with the ones i want,
that would partly fix this issue...

thanks
How do you enable OLD MULTIPLEX view for the TV Shows at the episode level?

OLD MULTIPLEX is enabled under Settings > Visualizations > TV Shows, and it's available for series and season selection, but not episode view.
Friends, the proposal is Aeon MQ be the lightest of the Aeon available, and got so I hope it continues.

For me it is very easy to cut various things and lead to skin the speed that was in 2.1.1 (which is the fastest so far), but each build several people asked for new implementations, of course it carries more then is difficult to have a complete skin and still be the fastest, agree?

I confess I am a little discouraged.

On these 4s are reporting that after cleaning the GuiSettings, as was the delay of version 2.5.1 for you?
Just to note: MQ2 runs great on my machine, 1.5-2 second delays opening libraries. I'm running a very fast and new machine though, with 4 gigs of ram. Fresh install, mysql database. I'm currently very happy with MQ2
MarcosQui Wrote:On these 4s are reporting that after cleaning the GuiSettings, as was the delay of version 2.5.1 for you?

I deleted guisettings.xml and I still have the problem. Much slower than 2.5.1 still.
is it possible to add to the limit of favorites you can make as new items as menu shortcuts? i can only get 13 before it says: Items of favorites full.
MarcosQui Wrote:On these 4s are reporting that after cleaning the GuiSettings, as was the delay of version 2.5.1 for you?

Hi Marcos,

I have attempted to do some timings between the different versions, my system is a ION 330, Geforce 9400, 2 GB Ram and a 80gb Sata 2.5" harddrive.

Version 2.6 is using the new files that you posted and I have deleted the gui setting and configured from new. I noticed that the first time I selected an option that it was always slower than subsequent selections. I have put the first time values in brackets.

Version 2.6
Movies 4.6 (5.0)
TV Shows 4.0 (4.2)
Main Menu 6.0 (9.0)

Version 2.5.1
Movies 6.4 (9.0)
TV Shows 5.0 (9.0)
Main Menu 8.0 (17.0)

Version 2.1.1
Movies 5.7 (7.0)
TV Shows 4.6 (5.2)
Main Menu 2.0 (2.0)

So from my testing 2.6 appears to now be the fastest version (apart from the main menu, although still faster than 2.5.1) Nod
Analyzing your test things begin to make sense; see that the time to browse among the collections between the 2.1.1 and 2.6.0 is very similar, have to return to the main menu then yes it is the fault of customization that does not exist in version 2.1.1.

The cut that I propose would improve the speed for this case.
Marcos,

I'm a user who personally doesn't do a lot of customization as far as adding items to the menus, etc. I use Aeon for the beautiful views and now the cinema experience script.

Maybe the best approach here is to list all the enhancements you would have to remove and the approximate potential speed gain in removing each? I realize that's maybe not easy to determine, though it would be interesting here to know how many people want all the special little extras and who mostly just use the skin for its looks.

Personally I don't have the need to do much more than the defaults as far as the menu options, nor do I need all the style options, because I like the way Aeon looks out of the box. Smile

Also, once I settle on a view I like in the music, tv and movies areas I disable the rest, and I disable global RSS.

Maybe listing the exact stuff that causes the slowdown (possibly) would help, to see how many here are using it.
The proposed amendment would reduce from 10 to 5 personalized items each.

With this the submenus also decreased, say from 310 to about 150.

The speed increase is global, the skin starts faster, Styles would get in faster and return to the main menu too.
I can not say exactly how much will the speed increase, 20%-30% maximum.

To enter the libraries Aeon MQ version 2.0.0 onwards always took 2-3 seconds, do not understand why complain now. The only thing that was implemented Extra's menu (which should not add more time) and TVTunes that runs every time you enter in the collections.

These are times that I report always using the default configuration of the skin, no RSS, no Global RSS, and without Weather beside the clock.
I rarely even go into the submenus as-is, if anything maybe I use them under movies to browse by year or genre, but I do no customization of the submenus.

It's actually amazing to me that users have such a need for submenu and special menu item customization. What all are folks doing? I find the defaults more than sufficient on my media centers.

+1 for a person who doesn't feel that many personalization items are needed. I have a feeling I am in the majority but if there are folks here who need that much customization speak up, I'd actually like to know what you're doing that needs so much Smile
Marcosqui, is there a way to uncompress the XBT file ourselves?

because a work around to get the backdrops working correctly regarding the black backdrops problem, is to simply overwrite the official backdrops with the one of our choice..

thanks
Later I put a link to the zipped version of the textures, please wait.
thanks MarcosQui
I don't use custom subfolders either and would prefer an increase in speed. Even if I did use them, I think 5 would be more than enough.
VoxCommando.com
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232