• 82(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
I just did a completely fresh install from latest XBMC and Aeon MQ2 latest version on another pc. But after installing the Apple Trailers Lite Plugin from Nukka's Repo the Trailers shortcut from the home menu still says its not installed.

The error message I'm getting is:
"Plugin Apple Movie Trailers Lite not installed
Active or install plugin for Add-Ons option"

It is however visible and working from the Video Add-Ons list... Anybody know what is wrong or what am I missing? Smile

Little spelling correction btw "Active" should be "Activate" so it reads "Activate or install plugin for Add-Ons option"
WTF, now it's working all of a sudden without doing anything Smile
Lynchpin Wrote:That's because this skin, and possibly others, don't render the NFO's right if they have line breaks in them (not sure if it's a skin or XBMC issue).

Use your scraping software to remove the line breaks and reload the media, and it will be fine.

Ahh, okay. Thank you, Lynchpin
dascmo Wrote:First off THANK YOU!!! for reviving this skin. The speed difference is amazing over the other aeon mods I have tried. Now I can actually run it on my 330HT. Wink

I have been drooling over aeon for some time and couldn't bear how slow it was before. I began using Rapier and became accustomed to certain views. while I like playing with new views/skins I always find myself back on rapier because of the views below. I really want to stay on MQ2 as its full of features I would love to use but if I can't meet "WAF" (wife acceptance factor) I know I'll have to resort back to Rapier

[REQUEST]

I know its a dying view but I would love to see wide banner view for TV Shows in this skin so I can meet "WAF". Something similar to below:

Rapier: Wide banner view

and perhaps a view similar to this as well

Rapier: List Info 2

Thanks again for the AWSOME improvements.

--Dascmo

I agree i like wide banner for TV shows much more than posters! I hope that will be a Feature for the Future.
hm, just updated the skin, why the hell do i only have 2 views now? list view and showcase, bah, everything was perfect... i have all views enabled, but i can just choose between list and showcase in library mode
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
very slow :/
having troubles accessing my addons when using aeon mq 2, it isnt under movies or any other place
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
jackkkdanielsss Wrote:very slow :/
And what exactly do you consider "fast"? Because this is the fastest aeon skin out there. You might wanna stick to Confluence.
henrikyo Wrote:having troubles accessing my addons when using aeon mq 2, it isnt under movies or any other place
There is an "add-ons" tab right in the main menu. Or you cold press "s" on your keyboard and go to options.
is there a way to change the "Recently Added" window to always be the list and not just the last movie/episode added?
bostoneric Wrote:is there a way to change the "Recently Added" window to always be the list and not just the last movie/episode added?

i know you can set it to "NEXT PLAYING" instead but,

i don't recall seeing an option to always show the movie list...

that would be a SUGGESTION you can make to the author of this skin!
bostoneric Wrote:is there a way to change the "Recently Added" window to always be the list and not just the last movie/episode added?

+1 !
OK, I previously reported lack of scrolling for reviews in music album info dialog. I am happy to report that I believe I have tracked down the source of this error. basically it appears that the scrolling option is an obsolete one, the following patch should fix it:

Code:
-- DialogAlbumInfo.xml.orig    2011-01-03 00:25:21.219959703 -0500
+++ DialogAlbumInfo.xml    2011-01-03 00:26:10.602960751 -0500
@@ -229,7 +229,7 @@
                <height>262</height>
                <align>justify</align>
                <font>Font_MultiplexPlotSmall</font>
-                <autoscroll delay="8000" time="2000" repeat="8000">Skin.HasSetting(allowscroll)</autoscroll>
+                <autoscroll delay="8000" time="2000" repeat="8000">!Skin.HasSetting(noallowscroll)</autoscroll>
                <label fallback="31424">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Album_Description)]</label>
                <include>Colour_OffWhite</include>
            </control>

Hope this can be incorporated into next revision. A couple of other small buglets I'm working:

1) first is the nonfunctional dialog when "change scraper" is selected for artists in the Music source. for some reason the dialog doesn't get appropriate focus. here's the log:

Code:
Control 30 in window 10132 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I grepped the xml files for "10132" which I thought would be a window id, but nothing. Also the odd thing is that the same dialog for albums works fine. It seems that the error must be somewhere in DialogContentSettings.xml but that error message isn't really helping me narrow down where, any pointers on where else to look? (just starting to understand how skinning works) Note that confluence version of dialog works fine.

2) Lastly it appears that the DialogPictureInfo.xml is not yet skinned, so you can't hit the info button and get the exif info as in confluence. I've hacked together a modified confluence dialog slightly modified for Aeon MQ2, would this be useful as a starting point?
Newbie here No ....I'd like to be able to pick a (music) genre and just have tracks play randomly, can't seem to find a shuffle play option (in this skin) is there one?
TIA

Solved my own question...All I have to do is create a new smartlist and apply a rule for it to be a specific genre and then tell it to play them in "Random" order...kewl! This is now officially my favorite XBMC skin!
denzo Wrote:Newbie here No ....I'd like to be able to pick a (music) genre and just have tracks play randomly, can't seem to find a shuffle play option (in this skin) is there one?
TIA

I think you're right, Shuffle is missing. Normally Shuffle found here:

During music visualization (Tab during music playback), Enter>Playlist>bring up window settings>Shuffle and/or Random toggle to your liking

[In this skin, you can also bring up Playlist from the Main Menu during music playback.]

Personally, since I always want shuffle and random in effect, I have an advancedsettings.xml addition, which appears to make shuffle work regardless of the menu option being missing.

Code:
<mymusic>
        <playlist>
            <repeat>true</repeat>
            <shuffle>true</shuffle>
        </playlist>
    </mymusic>
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232