• 87(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
dysan911 Wrote:How do I populate the "TV SHOWS" from the home screen? I've already added a source that contains TV Shows from the VIDEO item from the home screen, but when I access "TV SHOWS" im told I need to populate the library first.

I did set the content of the TV Shows folder as "TVSHOWS"

Highlight your source from the Videos menu, press i, select "Scan for new content".
Anyone having the same porblem that the window for shoosing the type of viewing cannot being shown in Movies section (by pressing the arrow keys)? I enabled all the possible types of viewing in the setting arrea..

Anybody?

Ps...loving this skin!

UPDATE..problem solved.
Hi,

Might be stupid question but is it possible to make backdrops (movies, tv shows etc.) to rotate somehow. Example for every 30mins or everytime you move in the menu it would randomly pick a new backdrop from a folder I choose?

Also btw, have anyone else noticed XBMC being a little laggy/slower after AeonMQ updated to version 2.60... or is it just me?
Could somebody please upload the themes in a format that those of us without windows machines can use? It seems crazy to restrict the themes to Windows users!

EDIT: where do the skins go when they are unpacked? I tried putting them directly in the skin folder as mentioned elsewhere in this thread but they do not show up in the appearance menu.

EDIT2: They don't go in the skin folder directly, they go in the media subfolder.

I'll upload the themes in a universal archive format later on Smile
mikrobitch Wrote:Hi,

Might be stupid question but is it possible to make backdrops (movies, tv shows etc.) to rotate somehow. Example for every 30mins or everytime you move in the menu it would randomly pick a new backdrop from a folder I choose?

Also btw, have anyone else noticed XBMC being a little laggy/slower after AeonMQ updated to version 2.60... or is it just me?

You can choose in the customisation are multiple backdrops...
This cycles backdrops from a specific folder...

You can see this option in the backdrop settings...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Mindzai Wrote:Could somebody please upload the themes in a format that those of us without windows machines can use? It seems crazy to restrict the themes to Windows users!

Yes, it's not the best format for themes, given that .exe is not very friendly on non-Windows platforms. I already brought this up on a previous post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=672...tcount=908

but there has been no response as yet. As a workaround on Linux I found that "unrar" works on these self-extracting files, e.g.:

Code:
unrar x Theme\ Dark\ -\ images\ Cold\ Colors.exe

Quote:EDIT: where do the skins go when they are unpacked? I tried putting them directly in the skin folder as mentioned elsewhere in this thread but they do not show up in the appearance menu.

Unpack them into here:

~/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.2/media
I'm using banner view (wide) for the first time in tv-shows.

But instead of having one big window with all the wide icons, i get a wide banner for each show and the rest is just blackness.

Why isn't there a mode that looks like this one: http://tinyurl.com/32x6o6m

As you can see there's like 8 shows/banners fitted to one window.

Thanks Smile
XBMC LIVE 10.
AEON MQ2

Couple Questions, I'm assuming from reading some older posts, there is no shuffle or random option? I've created a playlist, m3u. But I can't find any way to shuffle it. I've tried adding this code to the advancedoptions.xml
<mymusic>
<playlist>
<repeat>true</repeat>
<shuffle>true</shuffle>
</playlist>
</mymusic>

That didn't do it either? Any help here?

Also, when in the Now Playing mode, in the menu, there is a setup button, but it doesn't appear to do anything, should it?

Last one, anyone know where the default cdart.png is stored, I would like to replace it with a vinyl record.

Thanks.
fiveisalive Wrote:
Code:
unrar x Theme\ Dark\ -\ images\ Cold\ Colors.exe

Hmm I tried unrar, unzip and p7zip and they all gave errors on my system. Are you using unrar-free or the nonfree version? I ended up installing Windows in a VM just to be able to unpack the themes!
Hi,

I cannot find an option to hide the progress bar of Music Database.
But there is one for the Video DB.

How can I hide it?
Mindzai Wrote:Hmm I tried unrar, unzip and p7zip and they all gave errors on my system. Are you using unrar-free or the nonfree version? I ended up installing Windows in a VM just to be able to unpack the themes!

unrar free is terrible, always use the nonfree version.

still unrar free should have been able to at least unrar your file.

Next time you unrar, use a verbose output or get unrar nonfree
I'm using banner view (wide) for the first time in tv-shows.

But instead of having one big window with all the wide icons, i get a wide banner for each show and the rest is just blackness.

Thanks
Mindzai Wrote:Hmm I tried unrar, unzip and p7zip and they all gave errors on my system. Are you using unrar-free or the nonfree version? I ended up installing Windows in a VM just to be able to unpack the themes!

Probably the non-free one:

Code:
rpm -qi unrar
Name        : unrar                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.9.10                            Vendor: RPM Fusion
Release     : 3.fc13                        Build Date: Wed 29 Sep 2010 04:11:01 PM EDT
Install Date: Fri 15 Oct 2010 02:25:51 AM EDT      Build Host: hephaestus.wilsonet.com
Group       : Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: unrar-3.9.10-3.fc13.src.rpm
Size        : 191753                           License: Freeware with further limitations
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Thu 30 Sep 2010 04:08:55 AM EDT, Key ID 2bef2fd22425b284
Packager    : <http://nonfree.rpmfusion.org/>
URL         : http://www.rarlab.com/rar_archiver.htm
Summary     : Utility for extracting, testing and viewing RAR archives
Description :
The unrar utility is a freeware program for extracting, testing and
viewing the contents of archives created with the RAR archiver version
1.50 and above.

I'm on Fedora using the RPM Fusion repos.
greenfish Wrote:I'm using banner view (wide) for the first time in tv-shows.

Thanks

+1

I agree this would be an ideal view for wide banners
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
fiveisalive Wrote:Probably the non-free one:

Code:
rpm -qi unrar
Name        : unrar                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.9.10                            Vendor: RPM Fusion
Release     : 3.fc13                        Build Date: Wed 29 Sep 2010 04:11:01 PM EDT
Install Date: Fri 15 Oct 2010 02:25:51 AM EDT      Build Host: hephaestus.wilsonet.com
Group       : Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: unrar-3.9.10-3.fc13.src.rpm
Size        : 191753                           License: Freeware with further limitations
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Thu 30 Sep 2010 04:08:55 AM EDT, Key ID 2bef2fd22425b284
Packager    : <http://nonfree.rpmfusion.org/>
URL         : http://www.rarlab.com/rar_archiver.htm
Summary     : Utility for extracting, testing and viewing RAR archives
Description :
The unrar utility is a freeware program for extracting, testing and
viewing the contents of archives created with the RAR archiver version
1.50 and above.

I'm on Fedora using the RPM Fusion repos.

Interesting, I'm using unrar nonfree 1.3.9.10 too but it seemed to think the archive was broken.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232