• 96(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Would it be possible to add to the Settings > Main Menu ability to move the main menu items left and right? For example the order is Videos Music Movies TV Shows, say I'd want to move Music to the right...
Shinu Wrote:please, please have the option to allow users to use banner.jpg and maybe even landscape.jpg in a future update. this should allow users to swap between the different tv views and not have issues concerning the image sizes. this is already done in the Alaska Revisited skin....

I also have a couple suggestion as far as the Movie info screen is concerned....

Agreed on the Unrated part. I would also have it when the rating is "Unrated" or "Not Rated" in the db. But when its blank would be great too. Then I wont have to edit my db manually.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Just switched to MQ2 after using Aeon65 a while. I absolutly love it where it not for 2 minor things:

In movies showcase view when i use the extrathumbs layout i find the plot a bit cluttered. Is it possible to have the same view as in Aeon65. Where you have the director etc.. at the top.. the plot at the bottom surrounded by thumbs. Where MQ2 puts director etc.. at the left and plot at the right

2nd MINORRRR issue... is it possible that MQ2 is a bit slower than Aeon65. Everything is lightning fast except when i click on movies or tv shows. The initial load time is 10seconds where Aeon65 needs approx 3 seconds. I have 6tb movies/tv shows on a remote pc while xbmc is running on a c2d6600 with 4gb, win7
@MarcosQui: Amazing work! Can hardly wait for the new release Big Grin
What do your guys think of this? Not finished yet...

TV-Show:

TV-Show details:
Would be better if you replaced the title with the logo in my opinion.

You could also maybe include the poster above the banner, only reason I say that is never found a decent view that makes use of both and also I dislike plot about shows on the tv screen, just one of those personal things.

I do like the idea of it all being centralised though, nice job.
Thumbs Up 
supertom44 Wrote:Would be better if you replaced the title with the logo in my opinion.

You could also maybe include the poster above the banner, only reason I say that is never found a decent view that makes use of both and also I dislike plot about shows on the tv screen, just one of those personal things.

I do like the idea of it all being centralised though, nice job.

Yes the logo idea instead of the the title will be great please consider.
MarcosQui Wrote:I have a new one to display - Media case(redone):
Hopefully now you will be satisfied. Rolleyes

Perfect.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
@ proson

Looks good so far. But as was probably said a dozen times in this thread, the original Bannerplex view still looks the best. If I had a choice, I would implement at least 3 different banner views with a future release....

the Bannerwall view MarcosQui teased us with Laugh ....

and maybe a Bannerlist view, like this .....

a lil something I threw together. Cool
Old Multiplex view does not work for TV Shows at the episode level (it's not an option when switching views even though it's enabled via the Visualization settings):

This is not a problem with the Aeon65 skin, is there something that can be changed in an XML?
All looks really tempting guys Big Grin
I have to say, I really like the bannerwall view. Aesthetically, the view just seems perfectly fit for banners. Besides that, I find the info for an individual tv show to be far less important than e.g. movies, in other words, it doesn't really need a seperate 'piece' of the screen. In that sense, the bannerwall is ideal Smile

My personal choice (as of now) would probably be a wall view for the tv shows and a list view (like there is now already ) for the episodes.
What about doing banners in this type of style?

thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
New screenshot, I just throwed in logo in upper right corner..

@proson
Nice one, but i think there is to few banners in the view at once.
Maybe add a column, so there is 6. Smile
@ Cyphon

In Viewtype_MultiplexOld.xml, change (line 1107)

Quote:<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(trailers) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOld) | Container.Content(musicvideos) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOldMusicVideo) | Skin.HasSetting(trailers) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOldTrailers) | [Container.Content(seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)] | [Container.Content(tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)]</visible>

to

Quote:<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(trailers) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOld) | Container.Content(musicvideos) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOldMusicVideo) | Skin.HasSetting(trailers) + Skin.HasSetting(MultiplexOldTrailers) | [Container.Content(seasons) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)] | [Container.Content(tvshows) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)] | [Container.Content(episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposter)]</visible>
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232