• 116(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
dysan911 Wrote:No offense but I will be glad when people stop posting issues with the present version and we get the announcement from MarcosQui that the new Skin is now available to download!

Smile

+1 Image

MarcosQui Wrote:Then we close the doors.

I will finish what was started, otherwise the skin will not be ready ever. Nod
dysan911 Wrote:No offense but I will be glad when people stop posting issues with the present version and we get the announcement from MarcosQui that the new Skin is now available to download!

+1
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
+1
OK, I perfectly understand. In this forum it definately is not appreciated if someone new makes suggestions. I will leave you alone from here. That´s for sure. Enjoy yourself.
Good news, SourceForge is working again and now the updater error is resolved.

Thanks for this info
If all goes as planned, today I must publish the address of my site. It's quite simple but it is a start. Wink
MarcosQui Wrote:What sets the "Exit" would do differently than we have today?

Today if you click on the word SHUTDOWN, XBMC is closed, or choose an option from the submenu, at least in Windows works perfectly.

No, in OpenELEC (Linux, on Revo3700) clicking "Shutdown" executes the system defined shutdown function, which in my case suspends the device. This is correct behaviour in my mind, and Windows actually sounds broken - "Shutdown" from the menu should always execute the system defined "shutdown" function (either Suspend, Shutdown, Hibernate etc.) and the user should access a sub-menu if they want to perform a "shutdown" function other than the default function.

Adding "Exit" and "Power Off" as a sub menu would surely make everyone happy.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@markimark

everybody could make new suggestions here, but all waiting for the new version. So MarcosQui finished the new version now. When the new version is released, he will be open for new suggestions.

Greets
Eisi
MilhouseVH Wrote:No, in OpenELEC (Linux, on Revo3700) clicking "Shutdown" executes the system defined shutdown function, which in my case suspends the device. This is correct behaviour in my mind, and Windows actually sounds broken - "Shutdown" from the menu should always execute the system defined "shutdown" function (either Suspend, Shutdown, Hibernate etc.) and the user should access a sub-menu if they want to perform a "shutdown" function other than the default function.

Adding "Exit" and "Power Off" as a sub menu would surely make everyone happy.

I use Linux and it behaves exactly as Marcos has said. You can change the shutdown function from the XBMC settings.
Mindzai Wrote:I use Linux and it behaves exactly as Marcos has said. You can change the shutdown function from the XBMC settings.

Yes, and is your shutdown function set to Shutdown?

Because my shutdown function is set to Suspend, so when I click "SHUTDOWN" from the menu (or hit the "Power Off" button on my remote) it puts the PC into Standby/Suspend mode, it doesn't actually power it off. And if I change the shutdown function to Shutdown, the "SHUTDOWN" menu option will then power off the PC.

This is actually how I would expect the "SHUTDOWN" menu option to behave, by honouring the system defined setting for the shutdown function.

So the point is that when the shutdown function is set to something other than Shutdown, there is currently no way (in OpenELEC RC1/Linux/AeonMQ2 2.6.0, at least) to power off the PC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH Wrote:Yes, and is your shutdown function set to Shutdown?

Because my shutdown function is set to Suspend, so when I click "SHUTDOWN" from the menu (or hit the "Power Off" button on my remote) it puts the PC into Standby/Suspend mode, it doesn't actually power it off. And if I change the shutdown function to Shutdown, the "SHUTDOWN" menu option will then power off the PC.

This is actually how I would expect the "SHUTDOWN" menu option to behave, by honouring the system defined setting for the shutdown function.

So the point is that when the shutdown function is set to something other than Shutdown, there is currently no way (in OpenELEC RC1/Linux/AeonMQ2 2.6.0, at least) to power off the PC.

Pushing the power button on both of mine allow it to shut down even when the shutdown setting is on suspend
d_hero Wrote:Pushing the power button on both of mine allow it to shut down even when the shutdown setting is on suspend

So it sounds like Suspend isn't working at all on your system?

In all Skins I've tried, including of course Confluence, the normal "SHUTDOWN" menu option will always execute the shutdown function as selected in Settings -> System -> Power Saving. Indeed, this is what AeonMQ is doing on my system (OpenELEC RC1, Linux, Revo 3700) and I'd say it is behaving correctly.

Only when you enter the sub-menus are you able to select an alternative shutdown option, and Confluence includes Exit and Off, both of which are missing from AeonMQ.

It seems there are two issues here...

1) Add Exit and Off as sub-menus in the Shutdown menu
2) "SHUTDOWN" should honour Settings -> System -> Power Saving -> Shutdown function (which it seems to be doing, at least for me)
MilhouseVH Wrote:So it sounds like Suspend isn't working at all on your system?

In all Skins I've tried, including of course Confluence, the normal "SHUTDOWN" menu option will always execute the shutdown function as selected in Settings -> System -> Power Saving. Indeed, this is what AeonMQ is doing on my system (OpenELEC RC1, Linux, Revo 3700) and I'd say it is behaving correctly.

Only when you enter the sub-menus are you able to select an alternative shutdown option, and Confluence includes Exit and Off, both of which are missing from AeonMQ.

It seems there are two issues here...

1) Add Exit and Off as sub-menus in the Shutdown menu
2) "SHUTDOWN" should honour Settings -> System -> Power Saving -> Shutdown function (which it seems to be doing, at least for me)

no, when i push the power button on my remote, it goes to suspend. when i use the shutdown command in the menu of the skin, it goes to suspend. thats how i want it. its only when i push the power button on the pc that it actually turns off. This is perfect for me
MarcosQui Wrote:If all goes as planned, today I must publish the address of my site. It's quite simple but it is a start. Wink

Marcos i hope you will release it very very soon now.... we are dying out here from excitement...i am so gonna donate for this release.. thank you as always. Big Grin
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232