• 150(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Thumbs Up 
MarcosQui Wrote:On the development (writing xmls and design) I'm alone.
To test all what I do and give great ideas I got my friend Wanilton. Nod

I figured that was the case. I truly understand you also have a life outside XBMC thats why i don't know why some members can't be more patient since youre the guy doing all this work free and expect nothing in return. God bless you!Big Grin
gpborges Wrote:I was looking some pages back and also did a search for showcase.xml but couldn't find it. Do you have the post number for it? And about the uncompressed texture, how can I use them?

Thx in advance...

Showcase.xml here
The skin mode is definitely a killer option in this release Nod
I'm wondering though, has anyone tried to compare the different modes on a system like the revo 3610. I'm really wondering how the compact mode runs and how it differs from the others. FYI, I'm using banners for tv shows and multiwall for movies. Thanks!
chadskies Wrote:Missing status bar and info of what I'm watching, when playing a file through the Video section. But if I play a file from the video section, that is for Movies or TV Shows, it works fine. Tried .iso, img, .mkv. .avi.
Paused (obviously)

Pushing 'i' while playing.

Not seeing this on your bug list Smile
Alael Wrote:@Rumik: I run it on a Revo 3700, not so different from yours. To maximize speed, I did the following:

1. Set Windows to "classic"view - no aero or any other shit like that.
2. Use a lightweight antivirus, like MS Security Essentials.
3. Remove all the crap services / startups (like Adobe's). CCleaner is a nice program to do it.
4. Delete guisetings.xml and let the skin create a new one
5. Use compact mode and wallpapers at 720p
6. Use uncompressed textures (available a few pages back)
7. Use the 2.6.1 showcase.xml MQ provided (also a few pages back)
8. Disable all automatic add-ons/ skin/ collection updates

I guess that's it Smile

Thanks for the advice Smile I'm actually running XBMC Live, should have said that. but I'll try your suggestions.

One question... I can't find guisettings.xml, can you tell me where it is?

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Found it Smile
@chadskies Works fine for me with Movies?

[edit]Except in TV shows under Videos it doesn't show the Poster in the left bottom when pausing/pressing i[/edit]
@Alael I'm looking for a nettop/streamer in the same range as the revo 3700. So, how would you say it runs in compact mode? (see my previous question: http://bit.ly/gJ49FC)
KeyMs92 Wrote:@Alael I'm looking for a nettop/streamer in the same range as the revo 3700. So, how would you say it runs in compact mode? (see my previous question)

Right now MQ2 is sluggish when navigating from the home menu into other areas like tv shows or movies. I'm hoping these suggestions will solve the problem though.

Aeon Nox is slug-free, though not as nice Smile
Alael Wrote:@Rumik: I run it on a Revo 3700, not so different from yours. To maximize speed, I did the following:

6. Use uncompressed textures (available a few pages back)

Do I just copy the uncompressed textures into the media folder?

Thanks Smile
sidewalksuper Wrote:@chadskies Works fine for me with Movies?

[edit]Except in TV shows under Videos it doesn't show the Poster in the left bottom when pausing/pressing i[/edit]

I'm playing it from Video > Files. Playing individual files from their folders with no content set.
MarcosQui Wrote:One should not pay much attention to the updater error message. If you are in the folder:

C: \ Users \ youruser \ AppData \ Roaming \ XBMC \ addons \ packages

You will see the download progress going on normally.

It still is not working. I am downloading through the repo. The download always stalls out at a low percentage. In addition, I watched the folder you mention here, and I can see the new skin package at first, but once it stalls the package just disappears. I tried switching to confluence but it didnt work any better. I had this same problem when I first tried to install the skin, until one day it magically worked. I have tried downloading from your site but I just get an error. I get the same error whenever I try and download anything off of megaupload these days too. I am not sure what is wrong. Please help!
@KeyMS92: My R3700 works smoothly everywhere, except in showcase mode. It slows down a bit. If I use the cases view, it slows down even further, basically "jumping"from one movie to the other, no animation between.

@Rumiik: About the uncompressed textures, I'm still downloading them, but I guess they go into the media folder. Anyone else care to enlighten us?
Hi,

After replacing Viewtype_Showcase.xml with the version from 2.6, Info Panel Auto no longer works in Movies or TV shows although all other options do.

I've tried replacing Viewtype_Showcase.xml from 2.7 but it doesn't help, neither does deleting guisettings.xml.

I seem to remember having this problem once before and it was only fixed by a skin update.

Any suggestions?

Steve
@NoLaw: I was getting that error too; I simply deleted the contents of "X:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages" and manually extracted the addons.zip found in MQ's site in there. Worked like a charm.

@steshell: Deleting the skin and reinstalling?
@Alael So the slowdown doesn't happen in multiwall mode? I do find that there is clear difference between the older gen nettops (like the revo r3610 @Rumik is using) and the newer ones like revo r3700. Mainly in terms of the processor, N330 vs D525 and the graphics, ION vs ION2. Of course it differs from skin to skin, but it seems to work this way for MQ2.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232