• 151(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
I have kind of a problem with the "get logo/clear art" thing.

When i run this after changing to banner it scans and then it ends up saying found on all but not downloading them?? what more do i need to do? Do i need to change manualy the banner on all of them?
Rumik Wrote:Right now MQ2 is sluggish when navigating from the home menu into other areas like tv shows or movies. I'm hoping these suggestions will solve the problem though.

Aeon Nox is slug-free, though not as nice Smile

I got the same issue with going in to sections from the main menu ..3-8 seconds before it opens. I am using COMPACT mode also.

Using 2.6.0 with the view set as 'showcase' in library mode was pretty smooth however it is now slow and little laggy Sad

Using Zotac ID33 (D525 1.8, ION2, 2gb RAM and 40gb SSD drive)
Rumik Wrote:Do I just copy the uncompressed textures into the media folder?

Thanks Smile

delete textures.xbt or move it somewhere else, and delete all the other folders in media, then copy the whole contents of the new media folder in to the media folder that already exists, reboot and it should be fine
Thumbs Up 
Alael Wrote:@Rumiik: About the uncompressed textures, I'm still downloading them, but I guess they go into the media folder. Anyone else care to enlighten us?

I recommend using the uncompressed media folder, download the zipped file, then delete the entires contents of media folder of the skin AeonMQ 2, decompress the files in the same media folder MEDIA, as a result the skin run more easy and fast, however not can use more themes, is at the discretion of each one of you, so the decision to use or not.
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\media
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
steshell Wrote:Hi,

After replacing Viewtype_Showcase.xml with the version from 2.6, Info Panel Auto no longer works in Movies or TV shows although all other options do.

I've tried replacing Viewtype_Showcase.xml from 2.7 but it doesn't help, neither does deleting guisettings.xml.

I seem to remember having this problem once before and it was only fixed by a skin update.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Same problem here, not working Auto. any ideas?
Alael Wrote:@Rumik: I run it on a Revo 3700, not so different from yours. To maximize speed, I did the following:

1. Set Windows to "classic"view - no aero or any other shit like that.
2. Use a lightweight antivirus, like MS Security Essentials.
3. Remove all the crap services / startups (like Adobe's). CCleaner is a nice program to do it.
4. Delete guisetings.xml and let the skin create a new one
5. Use compact mode and wallpapers at 720p
6. Use uncompressed textures (available a few pages back)
7. Use the 2.6.1 showcase.xml MQ provided (also a few pages back)
8. Disable all automatic add-ons/ skin/ collection updates

I guess that's it Smile

Second this... pretty much the same setup. Except I didn't replace showcase. It's good enough for me, and I like the new look. The speed is manageable.

Have a couple D525 w/ ION2, 4GB, SSD... Aeon has never been the fastest, but it's definitely useable.

It's pretty much same speed for me with 2.7.0 as it was for 2.6.x. It is still useable. I use Showcase, Banner, Poster. I haven't noticed a big slowdown in showcase.

The biggest speed pain for me is lookups to mySQL with large data queries... the skin is functional.
Marcos,
Any way you'd want to put the pipe (|) back in to separate the time/date on the main menu instead of the dash (-)?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
This is more a generic request and nice to have.

I have read that you can edit the main menu xml to have a standard menu item (like TV Shows) launch a playlist; for example. Have to edit the xml; no biggie.

Is there a place in Aeon MQ2 to do this? Which include_xxx.xml would I edit? And, would this get blown away after each update; or cause me other issues?

I understand the other method would be custom menu or sub-menu; I do this for other things; but then I lose recently added.

Another thought... or perhaps feature request. Any chance to have the ability to set a variable or change the playlist or onClick for the default menu items?

Does anyone have other good thoughts?

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

In TV Shows; I have many ongoing shows; and then a large collection of documentaries with episodes, etc. I prefer having these in TV Shows because the episode content is displayed better.

I do have some in Movies; but then, I either break and tag them as separate movies and tie together with a Movie Set; or stack and treat them like chapters. Both fine; but not ideal. Viewing them as episodes is the ultimate goal.

If I could create a custom playlists that is everything except these documentaries (could use not in path, or something to exclude); then I could have the main menu launch into that playlist of which is my standard TV shows; and create a sub-menu with a playlist to target the documentaries. All while keeping recently added attached to this menu (don't mind that it shows everything; main goal is to de-clutter the TV shows list).
shawndavid Wrote:This is more a generic request and nice to have.

I have read that you can edit the main menu xml to have a standard menu item (like TV Shows) launch a playlist; for example. Have to edit the xml; no biggie.

Is there a place in Aeon MQ2 to do this? Which include_xxx.xml would I edit? And, would this get blown away after each update; or cause me other issues?

I understand the other method would be custom menu or sub-menu; I do this for other things; but then I lose recently added.

Another thought... or perhaps feature request. Any chance to have the ability to set a variable or change the playlist or onClick for the default menu items?

Does anyone have other good thoughts?

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

In TV Shows; I have many ongoing shows; and then a large collection of documentaries with episodes, etc. I prefer having these in TV Shows because the episode content is displayed better.

I do have some in Movies; but then, I either break and tag them as separate movies and tie together with a Movie Set; or stack and treat them like chapters. Both fine; but not ideal. Viewing them as episodes is the ultimate goal.

If I could create a custom playlists that is everything except these documentaries (could use not in path, or something to exclude); then I could have the main menu launch into that playlist of which is my standard TV shows; and create a sub-menu with a playlist to target the documentaries. All while keeping recently added attached to this menu (don't mind that it shows everything; main goal is to de-clutter the TV shows list).

Look this video, this answear your questions..
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Shinu Wrote:Image

the filename, screenshot and seekbar is all missing when playing non-library videos.

also, tv theme don't seem to play 90% of the time (it only played once at the episode level).

were these 2 problems fixed?
MarcosQui Wrote:For the showcase I am providing the file for version 2.6.0 until I fix the current one.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/Vie...owcase.xml

Just overlap.

Remember that you do not have the cases.

Yay! Showcase and everything is back to being smooth. Thank You! Smile

Maybe make this an option to switch on and off? I'm not in love with the whole case look. Having the option would be nice though.

FYI: Weird thing is, this fixed the slowness in the multiplex view, which still has the cases (I use multiplex on my tv shows and showcase for my movies)
---MoldySpore
[CPU] Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz
[Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600
[Video] AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
[HDTV] Samsung 60" LED Smart TV UN60H7150 3D HDTV

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || Current Skin of Choice: Aeon MQ 7 || Current Kodi Version: 16.1
deadwolfbones Wrote:The only issue I'm having is that the option to NOT use cases is not respected in the full-screen INFO view (poster on left, info on right). In the previous version of the skin this view never showed the case, but in this version it shows the case regardless of your view settings. I'd vastly prefer no case in any view, so this is a little annoying.

edit: also, if the time/date/weather is uncoupled from the main menu, the "directions" (i.e., "v Submenu | ^ Recent") have no background. They're just black text on the fanart. If the date/time bar is coupled, they have a nice white background.

I agree. There should be an option to remove media cases from the full-screen INFO view.
RecentlyAdded.py keeps failing - Did I install it wrong? Just uploaded it to addons folder -- Do I need to fix permissions or something? Used the one from the zip posted here today.

Thanks all.
I previously posted about the bug in "change scraper" for Artists in the Music source here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post680153

It appears that this bug is still present in 2.7.0. I have several different "Artist info" add-ons (e.g. Allmusic, Last.fm, Yoyo-Musicbrainz), but it's still not possible to switch scrapers. (In contrast switching scrapers for "Album info" works just fine).

As soon as the dialog is entered, it is completely non-functional. The log message that accompanies this behaviour is:

Code:
22:46:23 T:140720146114720 M:1701752832   ERROR: Control 202 in window 13006 has been asked to focus, but it can't

This has also been reported by other users:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post704450
curtis-r Wrote:Nothing is wrong with the skin. You probably don't have other scrapers installed via the add-ons.

Actually this was a bug in 2.6.0, and persists in 2.7.0. I can reproduce exactly this issue even with multiple scrapers installed (e.g. Allmusic, Last.fm etc.) see my recent post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post733016
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232