• 164(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
curtis-r Wrote:It's probably best if people learn themselves to modify the master textures files, then use TexturePacker to compile into textures.xbt.
Place the master MQ2 texture data in texturepacker/mq2. Open command prompt in the texturepacker folder and enter
Code:
texturepacker -input mq2 -output textures.xbt
Then once it's compiled, copy it to skin.aeonmq.2/media.

Finally found time to ensure my Blu-Ray media boxes show as I want. First, a big disclaimier: My library is entirely Blu-Ray and standard DVD, and those are the only two boxes I want to see. I personally don't want to see codecs in the box header, but I appreciate Marcos' effort.

Here is the solution I'm using, though it's not ideal and there is a code-mod solution but this what was easiest for me:
1) Download the uncompressed texture.xbt images
2) Remove thumbs/boxes/default.png
3) Duplicate bluray.png and rename the dup to default.png
4) Remove all the codec images in flags/info
5) Either compile all the data into texture.xbt (instructions in the quote) or just copy everything into the portable_data\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\media folder and remove texture.xbt.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
WizzKid111, to enable the Weather go to:

Styles > Shortcuts > arrow left until you find the Weather. Press Enter and select Enable.

To change the background image go to Styles > Backdrops, click on the item and select an image or a folder with multiple images.

The recent items can not be configured for other menus.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Marcos, it's looking very sexy. The skin, I mean, not Olivia Wilde. Smile
Jennifer Morrison is way hotter. Hotter than Olivia Wilde, not the skin.
How do I get rid of the big movie poster during Info in movie playback?

I have gotten rid of it for TV shows, but can't figure out how to do it for movies. I have turned on/off each setting in the Extra Panel but no luck.
in dialogseekbar.xml, delete the content included between lines 386-403, i guess Wink

that may be for paused menu only... i look at it lately... after sleep Smile
schnitzelbrain, thank you for your donation. Laugh

Gonzalo, thank you for your donation. Laugh
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Sure, thank you for the work! Smile

For when you find a spare minute, would appreciate some help on this one:
CyberEvil Wrote:Hi Marcos,

Thanks for all the work on this skin... it is awesome, and been using it since it was released.

A couple of days ago, XBMC crashed and the skin (just this one) dissapeared. I guess, it was due the upgrade, and then reinstalled it again (with the latest version) from the repository. The only problem I found so far, is that the albums or songs listings (Multiplex) are not showing up the Artist artwork, which is in fact, being displayed once the song starts playing. Any clue on how to fix this? I've tried several stuff without luck.

Thanks a lot!
Also, found another issue, for some reason, I lost the "Download Thumbnail" and "Download Fanart" options from the movie information (pressing "I" over a movie). How do I put that back?

Thanks!
For anyone suffering from slow entry/exit into the movies and TV shows, wait for the 10.1 bugfix or try one of the nightlies....I compiled/installed a nightly a few days ago, and it's much snappier! This is on linux/live with the latest MQ2 release
I am having a little trouble with adding a new section to the Main Menu. I want to add a home menu location called Streaming that contain addons like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I can make one in customise and populate it with these addons in the submenu, but it never shows up in my main menu. I am currently running the normal build of the skin. Do I have to switch to advanced to make this a reality? Thanks!
NoLaw Wrote:I am having a little trouble with adding a new section to the Main Menu. I want to add a home menu location called Streaming that contain addons like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I can make one in customise and populate it with these addons in the submenu, but it never shows up in my main menu. I am currently running the normal build of the skin. Do I have to switch to advanced to make this a reality? Thanks!

Out of the Info at first page:
- Compact Mode - In this mode, only items already in the main menu may be customised. If you do not need new menus, or want the fastest browsing experience, select this mode.

-Normal Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 7 new menus and 35 custom submenus. For a good balance of customisation and browsing speed, select this mode.

-Full Mode - In this mode, the skin allows for up to 35 new menus and new 310 custom submenus. If you need the greatest amount of customisation, select this mode.

So if u are in Compact, than yes u have to switch at least to Normal Mode.

Also check if the new entered Menu topic is Blue underlined, if it is Red underlined it is hidden. U can change between hidden(red) and visible(blue) when u select the menu in the homescreen config. U will be asked to activate/deactivate and if u want change the name.
colbert Wrote:How do I get rid of the big movie poster during Info in movie playback?

I have gotten rid of it for TV shows, but can't figure out how to do it for movies. I have turned on/off each setting in the Extra Panel but no luck.

I am just wondering. Everybody here seems to ask for tiny little changes, like how can I hide the case, the button, the poster, can you add this, can you change this but when I ask for a banner view option for the video section I got blamed from some community members like.... "come down, don´t ask for something at this stage and how can you.....?".

At least I accept the skin as it is made (sinse it is wonderful and is offering enoug customization options). The only thing I miss are better view options for "Videos" since streaming content is based on that and is always using banner style thumbs that can not displayed correctly at the present time. I still think that this would be a very helpful addition for everyone that is not only playing around with Movies.

As I said, just wondering......
colbert Wrote:How do I get rid of the big movie poster during Info in movie playback?

I was bothered by the same thing. I just figured out how to remove it, along with the transparent background. It's in DialogSeekBar.xml

You need to remove these 3 blocks of code:

Code:
            <control type="image">
                <description>Cover Image</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>385r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>341</height>
                <texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
        <include>Animation_LandscapeSlide</include>
            </control>

Code:
            <control type="image">
                <description>Cover Image</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>385r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>341</height>
                <texture>thumbs/poster_glass_noedge.png</texture>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>Cover Glass</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>180r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>134</height>
            <texture>banner/banner_tvglass_noedge.png</texture>
            <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nolandscapeandclearart) + VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>
        </control>

Make a back up first though, just in case Smile
Is it possible to rearrange the order of the main menu items even if they aren't custom?
Peace
boykster Wrote:For anyone suffering from slow entry/exit into the movies and TV shows, wait for the 10.1 bugfix or try one of the nightlies....I compiled/installed a nightly a few days ago, and it's much snappier! This is on linux/live with the latest MQ2 release

i still cant work out how to install a nightly build being on live?
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232