• 174(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
d_hero Wrote:I put revision 99 on, but it still says revision 98, so i cant be sure if it worked.

It is normal, the zip version does not change the revision number. In upcoming versions will include this as well.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Alael Wrote:EDIT: Do we get a carnival theme for revision 100? Smile

Carnival theme? Cool

Maybe go to a 'samba' at the opening of the skin. Big Grin

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MarcosQui Wrote:Actually the skin uncompressed (without the .xbt) is lower than higher. About 60MB less in the final size.

The problem with doing it without the .xbt is that we would loose themes. Remember that the 'themes of AeonMQ 2' swap background images, not just the textures and all the other skins. This is cool and unique feature of the skin, and not good to lose it I guess.

I'd vote for the uncompressed version.
Whoever wants different backgrounds can easily exchange them himself. It would be feasible to just offer some background wallpaper packs and everyone can use the ones he wants. But I think the majority is anyways sticking to the default or rather using own background slideshows for movies, shows, pictures, music.
Advantages of uncompressed for me are higher than the disadvantages if a few background images are the only argument.
Can anyone tell me where I can find this new option 'Add option to turn off MediaCase in VideoInfo'

My system wouldn't do the update automatically so I have copied the v99 files over but because the system info still states that the version is still 96 I not sure if the update has been successful.
if you copied the files Zaxxan your fine,,,
dont worry,,,
Marcos can you share if there is a method to turn off the large poster in the Info menu during Movie playback?

I asked previously and was given this:

h8buffers Wrote:I was bothered by the same thing. I just figured out how to remove it, along with the transparent background. It's in DialogSeekBar.xml

You need to remove these 3 blocks of code:

Code:
            <control type="image">
                <description>Cover Image</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>385r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>341</height>
                <texture diffuse="thumbs/movieposter_mask.png">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
        <include>Animation_LandscapeSlide</include>
            </control>

Code:
            <control type="image">
                <description>Cover Image</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>385r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>341</height>
                <texture>thumbs/poster_glass_noedge.png</texture>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
                <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
            </control>
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>Cover Glass</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <posy>180r</posy>
                <width>227</width>
                <height>134</height>
            <texture>banner/banner_tvglass_noedge.png</texture>
            <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nolandscapeandclearart) + VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)</visible>
        </control>

Unfortunately that has not worked for me Sad
MarcosQui Wrote:Version 2.7.0 Revision 99 available

How to upgrade?

1. - Go to Add-ons> Setup> and check "Enable automatic Skin Updates".
2. - Restart XBMC and wait for more than 1 minute.
3. - If the update was completed successfully you will be prompted to restart XBMC.

Ps. After updating you can turn off the updater again, no need to have it always running.

How to check what your current version and revision?

Main Menu> Settings> sub-menu system info.
At the bottom of the screen you will see the current version and revision.

We recommend using the automatic update, but you can do manually if you have problems:

AeonMQ 2 2.7.0 R99 ZIP version.

http://mod-skin.googlecode.com/files/AeonMQ2-R99.zip

This file can not be installed.
Unzip and copy the folders to the directory of the skin.

CHANGELOG revision 99:

- Can not select mode Wall for trailers.

- Missing the album title and artist name on the wall mode.

- Recent - showing the name of episode 8 equal to 5.

- Customizing the skin in compact mode showing the 'New Item' button - should not show this way.

Best regards.

Can you update the first post in this thread with the info here? That way it's easy to find the link to the update for everyone.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
[BUGS]

BUG #1.
Trailers Wall view doesnt show the movie name....
you have to rely on the Box Art to know the title of the movie...
which is sometimes still hard to read correctly...
previous skin version was Ok...
but not anymore since Revision 98 & 99 ...

BUG #2.
problem i've described in post #2496 still occurs...
when watching the trailer of a movie i have on my hard drive,
when pressing the 'i' key
the Box Art now does appears at the left of the screen
but no images on it.. not art shown on it....
It appears as an empty blue Box basically...

thanks Smile
eskro Wrote:if you copied the files Zaxxan your fine,,,
dont worry,,,

I am running xbmc live and it doesn't appear to detect the new files that I have copied across using winscp Huh

If I can locate the new option 'Add option to turn off MediaCase in VideoInfo' it will help me confirm if the new files are being used.
pigeldi Wrote:I'd vote for the uncompressed version.
Whoever wants different backgrounds can easily exchange them himself. It would be feasible to just offer some background wallpaper packs and everyone can use the ones he wants. But I think the majority is anyways sticking to the default or rather using own background slideshows for movies, shows, pictures, music.
Advantages of uncompressed for me are higher than the disadvantages if a few background images are the only argument.

It's not just the backdrops, it's also different fonts & colors for a lot of stuff.
This is only my opinion but I hate how the skin is becoming more "dummy friendly". For me this started with the new "sub-menu" bar on top of the main menu bar. Now I am just noticed that all the views have a vertical MENU bar on the left side. Do we really need tutorials on every page telling people where things are? I think it detracts from this being a professional looking skin. It makes it look more like a teaching tool for a 6 year old to learn XBMC. I like a clean look better than "helper" text all over the place.

Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
SlaveUnit Wrote:This is only my opinion but I hate how the skin is becoming more "dummy friendly". For me this started with the new "sub-menu" bar on top of the main menu bar. Now I am just noticed that all the views have a vertical MENU bar on the left side. Do we really need tutorials on every page telling people where things are? I think it detracts from this being a professional looking skin. It makes it look more like a teaching tool for a 6 year old to learn XBMC. I like a clean look better than "helper" text all over the place.

You know you can hide that vertical menu right? Nod
all those features are/will be optional. you can turn off the side menu and i believe the submenu on the homescreen is going to be optional in the next few releases
Mindzai Wrote:A small improvement - could we have the season fanarts used when a season is selected please? At the moment they only show for a season's episodes, but I think it would be good to also switch between the season fanarts as a season is highlighted too.

Just bumping this again Smile
SlaveUnit Wrote:This is only my opinion but I hate how the skin is becoming more "dummy friendly". For me this started with the new "sub-menu" bar on top of the main menu bar. Now I am just noticed that all the views have a vertical MENU bar on the left side. Do we really need tutorials on every page telling people where things are? I think it detracts from this being a professional looking skin. It makes it look more like a teaching tool for a 6 year old to learn XBMC. I like a clean look better than "helper" text all over the place.

Imagine if it's difficult for you to know that the skin, find a button, as it is for one who has now arrived, finding the side menu ! Huh

Visit my website
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232