• 175(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
eskro Wrote:[BUGS]

BUG #1.
Trailers Wall view doesnt show the movie name....
you have to rely on the Box Art to know the title of the movie...
which is sometimes still hard to read correctly...
previous skin version was Ok...
but not anymore since Revision 98 & 99 ...

BUG #2.
problem i've described in post #2496 still occurs...
when watching the trailer of a movie i have on my hard drive,
when pressing the 'i' key
the Box Art now does appears at the left of the screen
but no images on it.. not art shown on it....
It appears as an empty blue Box basically...

thanks Smile

Bug 1 - Are you sure you are using a 'revision r99'?

Bug 2 - Ever showed the cover for movie trailers, from the collection?
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Just when I think I've found the last super cool thing you've added to this skin, I stumble onto another.

A quick suggestion though, for the TV show paused OSD, there is an extra option to to landscape / clearart as 'fixed' or 'alternative'. If you select prefer logo, and it doesn't find the logo image, it'll fall back back to the clear art, correct?

Is there a way to have the same option for the thumb as well? ie. if it is set to landscape and can't find the landscape file, it falls back to the shows thumbnail? Not a lot of shows have a landscape file yet, and I love it in the OSD, but I end up with a blank box on the left a lot of the time.

Great skin all in all, I love the banner list for TV shows!
bostoneric Wrote:trailer button within movies still only popping up the "buffering" box but never plays the trailer.

LakersFan Wrote:Same here... But since nobody else said anything about it (until now) I figured it was on my end only. Did you ever get it to work?

nope still just pops up the buffering box and never plays the trailer.
Sad
trailers play fine for me (showcase and wall view) - are you playing local trailers or streaming them?
bostoneric Wrote:nope still just pops up the buffering box and never plays the trailer.
Sad

Trailers work fine for me streaming. If you havent tried it with another skin do that first.
uncertainty Wrote:Trailers work fine for me streaming. If you havent tried it with another skin do that first.

I'm trying to stream.
just want to make sure I'm being specific here. I'm talking about Trailers from within the movie section. not apple trailers addon.
they use to work fine until the 2.6 upgrade I noticed I only get the "buffering" pop up box.

I will try them on confluence tonight after work.
MarcosQui Wrote:Imagine if it's difficult for you to know that the skin, find a button, as it is for one who has now arrived, finding the side menu ! Huh

Everyone on here was new at one point. We all found the menu just fine. Rolleyes

And nope I didnt even see that option.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
MarcosQui Wrote:Bug 1 - Are you sure you are using a 'revision r99'?
Bug 2 - Ever showed the cover for movie trailers, from the collection?

Thanks for answering me MarcosQui!
ok here's some screenshots for better explanations...

BUG #1
image (a)
image (b)

BUG #2
image ©
image (d)
MarcosQui Wrote:Imagine if it's difficult for you to know that the skin, find a button, as it is for one who has now arrived, finding the side menu ! Huh

Marcos,
On the screen provided, what does the "Enable Trailer Button do?" I still see "Press Up To Select Trailer." when it is both selected and de-selected. Thanks.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
I am in love with this skin. I love the customization, and the clean, sharp looks of the whole theme. I liked it so much I just donated to you, MQ. Nod

A couple questions, though.

First of all, in the TV Banners view, is there any way to remove the borders surrounding the banner images? I'm thinking something like this (Forgive the rushed mockup):

Also, is there a way to remove the wraparound in Showcase view? I don't have multiple seasons of any show ripped yet, so it looks worse than if there were multiple seasons here, but if there's a show that's only two seasons, I'd rather just have the two side by side, instead of repeating ad nauseum.

eskro Wrote:Thanks for answering me MarcosQui!
ok here's some screenshots for better explanations...

BUG #1
image (a)
image (b)

BUG #2
image ©
image (d)

I can confirm bug #1 in rev 99. Maybe it wasn't clear from eskro's original post, but eskro was talking about the Apple Movie traileras add-on, not the built-in trailer support in the main Movies source. In fact it's broader than just Wall view. It appears that the title is missing for any video view that is part of an add-on. (i.e. the built-in views for TV & Movies are fine, but the Apple Trailers don't show title in Wall, Poster, Showcase etc, ditto for any other add-on). So it seems like ther's some global default that isn't being set.

Haven't tested bug #2 as yet.

A third bug (a regression with respect to 2.6.0) is with the Music source. The artist used to (in 2.6.0 an earlier) appear above the album title (in a slightly smaller font), but now doesn't appear at all. This is true in Wall view and in other similar views: Showcase etc.
icaruscollapse Wrote:Also, is there a way to remove the wraparound in Showcase view? I don't have multiple seasons of any show ripped yet, so it looks worse than if there were multiple seasons here, but if there's a show that's only two seasons, I'd rather just have the two side by side, instead of repeating ad nauseum.

Also, this is an issue in the Multiwall view, as well. It just autowraps, I'd love to be able to avoid that.
boykster Wrote:trailers play fine for me (showcase and wall view) - are you playing local trailers or streaming them?

I'm referring to streaming trailers. Local trailrs play fine.

I will need to test Confluence when I get home in the morning.
fiveisalive Wrote:A third bug (a regression with respect to 2.6.0) is with the Music source. The artist used to (in 2.6.0 an earlier) appear above the album title (in a slightly smaller font), but now doesn't appear at all. This is true in Wall view and in other similar views: Showcase etc.

Along these lines: the Wall view for TV Shows is missing the network name (e.g. BBC1) and the rating which appear in the lower for other views like Showcase and Banner. Also the description in those views includes number of episodes and number watched, whereas Wall only lists number of episodes. These items at the bottom of the screen should probably be made as consistent as possible across the views, i.e. there's no real reason the info should be different between Wall, Banner and Showcase since they all use same area for displaying: rating, TV network, episode count and name and logo.
d_hero Wrote:Marcos,
I dont know if this is a bug or just the way you designed it, but the audio flags for movies only seem to be showing Dolby Digital or Dolby TrueHD. When I have a DTS HD Master Audio film, it just show "5.1" which is quite hard to see. I'd rather it said DTS-MA or something.

I thought it might be a bug because files exist in /media/flags/audio for both "5.1 and also the DTS audio ones are there

I would like to bring attention to this as well. I love the skin, and the only thing preventing me from dismissing confluence is the lack of proper signage for DTS Master Audio in this skin. In addition... I don't recall if it properly displays 7.1 for any tracks with 7.1.

I'd love an update to address these minor but nagging issues. Love the skin, work, and all the effort it took regardless.

Thanks!
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232