• 193(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
markimark Wrote:@MarcosQui

I have 2 questions.

If you create a new Shortcut why is it not possible to link it to a certain path or to an addon? Is that on purpose? It would be cool to have more options, like...

Link to:
Favourite
Video Playlist
Audio Playlist
System Playlist (like "recently added")
Script
Addon
Path

What do you think?

Is about the "Recently added Gadget" on the Main Menu. Many times after I have updated the library there is no thumbnail created for the last imported video. The gadget is showing the title but no thumbnail. I have to play that video for a few seconds to have that thumbnail created.

Are you aware of this?

About #2.....
Can this be related to mkv filesHuh? Somehow I have the feeling that it always happens with that file type. Today I have imported 4 files, 1 avi and 3 mkv and only the avi file has created a thumbnail. Any idea?
SlaveUnit Wrote:Marcos,
On the topic of the showcase view and the slowness of the media cases/boxes (half speed), does this skin work entirely different that say Ronie's Transparency? I am just noticing on his skin how all views with the boxes are at the full fps speed and are very fluent. I'm just wondering if he is using a different way to call for the boxes or something that can be used within Aeon to speed things up.

Okay, I looked and then we'll compare how 'CoverFlow' (Transparency) that would be more like our 'Showcase'.

Number of items on screen at once:
CoverFlow = 4
Showcase = 13

Number of cases available:
CoverFlow = 2 - DVD and Bluray - all what is not 720p or 1080p is considered to DVD.
Showcase = 7 - Codec(default), Bluray, HD-DVD, HDTV, SDTV, DVD, DVB.

I think I need say no more, or need? Eek
I've heard many times here, "the skin of the other is faster", but 99% of them have no basis for comparison.

About the most important thing at hand which is the color of the case, I'll change. Resolved!

One more thing, there are still many details to fix, so we will not have skin this weekend.

Best regards.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
shafmc, thank you for your donation. Laugh
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Hi MarcosQui,

I want to say that Aeon mq2 is very very cool!

I was using aeon65 untill I see your skin and I don't want to change to another skin now !!!

But I would point some things missing I would like to see them in an update.

In tv shows library, I would very nice to see the posters viewtype. This viewtype exist in movies library but not in tvshows.

It could be great if it is possible, I could have 2 viewtype where fanarts can be easily watched : low list for the tv show screen and posters for the seasons screen.

Next point now, the last update give us french language, this is very cool. But the strings.xml has a lot a mistakes, you can find the correct strings.xml file.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20064639/strings.xml

Thanks
I have no idea if this has been reported, just thought I'd tell:

Whenever playing video, if I press tab and/or return back to main menu, the video is laid as a background instead of the normal stuff. This occured after moving to R99
MarcosQui Wrote:Okay, I looked and then we'll compare how 'CoverFlow' (Transparency) that would be more like our 'Showcase'.

Number of items on screen at once:
CoverFlow = 4
Showcase = 13

Number of cases available:
CoverFlow = 2 - DVD and Bluray - all what is not 720p or 1080p is considered to DVD.
Showcase = 7 - Codec(default), Bluray, HD-DVD, HDTV, SDTV, DVD, DVB.

I think I need say no more, or need? Eek
I've heard many times here, "the skin of the other is faster", but 99% of them have no basis for comparison.

About the most important thing at hand which is the color of the case, I'll change. Resolved!

One more thing, there are still many details to fix, so we will not have skin this weekend.

Best regards.

Thanks for taking a look. It was just a thought that things were being called differently.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
markimark Wrote:About #2.....
Can this be related to mkv filesHuh? Somehow I have the feeling that it always happens with that file type. Today I have imported 4 files, 1 avi and 3 mkv and only the avi file has created a thumbnail. Any idea?

Since things are getting overlokked here very fast I will repeat my question.

Wouldn´t it make sense to link new shortcuts directly to a certain path?
Could it be that mkv files cause problems with creating thumbnails?

Thanks for your help.
Judgement Wrote:I have no idea if this has been reported, just thought I'd tell:

Whenever playing video, if I press tab and/or return back to main menu, the video is laid as a background instead of the normal stuff. This occured after moving to R99

This was covered a few posts back in this thread. The defaults have been changed in .99. All you need to do is press "S" on your keyboard when on the Main Manu and turn off Home Visuals (Video)!
Big Grin
Firstly I have to say this skin is awesome. Best xbmc skin I have used thus far. I've got a quick question for you guys. When I try to watch a 720p trailer for a movie from my movie collection the video plays for about 20 seconds then pauses to buffer then repeats every 20 seconds . I was wondering if there is a way to set the video to start buffering longer before it starts playing or download the entire movie before it starts playing.

I am running a revo 1600 with 1.5gb of ram.

Thanks for any help.
Judgement Wrote:I have no idea if this has been reported, just thought I'd tell:

I had the same thing. Press "s" and turn off Home Visuals Video. Dunno why it all of the sudden defaulted to 'on'....

edit.// I see chippie answered already Smile I don't think this option should be defaulted to 'on' though...
Hi everybody,

i downloaded Aeon MQ2 today and i'm quite satisfied on first sight.

But I have one problem where your help is appreciated.

After installation of the skin I have the following Menus in the Main Menu:

"Movies"
"TV-Shows"
"Concerts"

In my former skin I did not have a menu for concerts so that all my concerts were in the Movies-Menu.
I love the idea that I have all those Concerts in a separate menu.

But if I open the concert-menu I get a message, that there is no content and that I have to add media in the video-menu.
But in this video-menu I can't find anything how to add my concert-folder to the concert-menu.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to make this?

Sorry for my poor englisch by the way.
Torpey Wrote:Hi everybody,

i downloaded Aeon MQ2 today and i'm quite satisfied on first sight.

But I have one problem where your help is appreciated.

After installation of the skin I have the following Menus in the Main Menu:

"Movies"
"TV-Shows"
"Concerts"

In my former skin I did not have a menu for concerts so that all my concerts were in the Movies-Menu.
I love the idea that I have all those Concerts in a separate menu.

But if I open the concert-menu I get a message, that there is no content and that I have to add media in the video-menu.
But in this video-menu I can't find anything how to add my concert-folder to the concert-menu.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to make this?

Sorry for my poor englisch by the way.
Concerts might be music videos. Try setting the type as music videos and see if concerts are populated.

I don't have concerts, I have shows. I believe the name was changed.
scutzi128 Wrote:Firstly I have to say this skin is awesome. Best xbmc skin I have used thus far. I've got a quick question for you guys. When I try to watch a 720p trailer for a movie from my movie collection the video plays for about 20 seconds then pauses to buffer then repeats every 20 seconds . I was wondering if there is a way to set the video to start buffering longer before it starts playing or download the entire movie before it starts playing.

I am running a revo 1600 with 1.5gb of ram.

Thanks for any help.

This has nothing to do with the skin. But to answer your question, no, there are no ways to change buffer options. There are ways to download the trailers and not use the bandwidth cache at all.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Dear All (Especially Marcos! lol)
After reading through alot of post about the media case color issues/preferences i began thinking of something myself and other users would like and can agree on. So i put together this visual that showcases how it would display if you only had two type/color cases to use. Lets face it everyone! most of have have 720+ resolution files...its the year 2011 and dvdrips,avi,etc are becoming less and less popular and everyone is choosing HD content so i was thinking Marcos should use the bluray case for all media resolution 720+ and any media that falls less should get the standard greyish case with the resolution source logo on top. Think about it, to have a color case for every media is pointless and imo it looks like a rainbow of colors and weakens the look and feel of the skin. So Marcos..please put this issue to bed and consider this request. I think this will complement your skin very much! Thanks for reading! and i look foward to everyones comments.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img508.imageshack.us/i/aeonmq2mediacaseidea.png/

http://i52.tinypic.com/2hrzr69.jpg
You know folks we have to do better on consolidating threads here. I think I just went through like 3 pages of 40 posts a piece about colors for the cases. Stuff like that would make me just logoff if I was a skin developer and go play some Deep space 2....Big Grin
  • 193(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232