• 214(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
everything is working great!!!!!!

except Wink

still not able to get trailers to play, and anybody else getting weatherplus addon script failed?
eskro Wrote:TWEAK NEEDED?

Anyone using Windows7 x64 can try this please?
i think i've may found something that needs to be tweaked
so its not a bug per say..

just set XBMC to start with windows by placing a shortcut of XBMC
in the windows startup folder...

now reboot your PC and wait till you see XBMC's menu...

now using only your keyboard (leave mouse away to not disturb this test)
are you able to use the arrows to navigate through the menu and stuff?

im not! Looks like i cant focus on any menu item!!??

Any one can test this too please?

it might be a simple tweak to adjust in AEON SKIN, example,
have the MOVIES menu item focused/highlighted by default
when XBMC is launched!!

thanks!! Smile

This has nothing to do with the skin. It means your system is loading XBMC before it finishes everything else system-wise. Use the -d option with XBMC to delay it a certain amount of seconds to give your system more time to boot completely. For example:

xbmc.exe -d 5

that will delay it 5 seconds
I, personally, don't have this issue.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Hi Guys

First off thanks for the great skin.

I do have one problem I can't seem to solve though. When I change one of the main menus backdrops (something like movies or tv shows) to another image file I can't seem to change it back to the original if I decide I don't like it. That image also sticks no matter what theme I change to (default or warm colours will show the same image I selected in the other theme in the menu)

I've clicked the obvious button that mentions restore original but it doesn't reset the original backdrop.

The only way I was able to fix it was to completely uninstall the skin and reinstall but I'm presuming there must be an easier way to get the original backdrops back.

Cheers
SlaveUnit Wrote:This has nothing to do with the skin. It means your system is loading XBMC before it finishes everything else system-wise. Use the -d option with XBMC to delay it a certain amount of seconds to give your system more time to boot completely. For example:

xbmc.exe -d 5

that will delay it 5 seconds
I, personally, don't have this issue.

Yeah, I also have my secondary HTPC auto start XBMC with Windows and it works fine. Eskro, just make sure you get rid of all the crap that may be starting up with Windows.
MAIN HTPC
Hardware: Intel Core i7 4.2 GHz (OC) + NVidia GeForce FX 250 + Corsair 6 GB DDR3 RAM (1600 MHz) + Thermalright True Copper heat sink + Noctua fans (x3)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit + XBMC Pre-Eden + Aeon MQ 3

SECONDARY HTPC
Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo 3700 + OCZ Vertex SSD
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit + XBMC Pre-Eden + Aeon MQ 3
chippie Wrote:Yes but not even the name of the file? I can see the name in the list views but not under showcase for example.

In this case there is a mistake for sure.

I am redoing the way how the titles are displayed, will soon have a test file for you.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Ajedi Wrote:Anyone please? If i know in what file i have to change it i can do it myself but i dont know where to look.

thanks

Let's go, is very easy:

- open the file Includes_Colours.xml.
- go to the line 12 = <titlecolor>ffB22222</titlecolor>
- choose a color on this site: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp
- copy the color name and replace the former keeping the 'ff', thus:

before:

<titlecolor>ffB22222</titlecolor>

after:

<titlecolor>ff1E90FF</titlecolor>

Done. Nod

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MilhouseVH Wrote:Thanks, but I've tried that and it gives me this:

when I want this:

It will work if I select TV Shows from the menu, go back to the main menu, then click on my "TV Shows" remote button mapped to ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles).

But if I then click on "Movies" in the main menu, go back to the main menu and click my "TV Shows" remote button (not the menu option) I get the first image above, which is not what I want.

Likewise if I click on the "TV Shows" menu item, then go back to the main menu and hit my "Movies" remote button (mapped to ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)) then that too will be just a file listing of movies, and not my showcase.

Somehow the Movies and TV Show main menu options are interacting with each other and affecting how ActivateWindow(videolibrary,[movie,tvshow]titles) is subsequently interpreted... hope this makes sense! Smile

Notice on that first image above, the background fanart is the default fanart for Movies - I've used the original Tron artwork of the lightcycle for Movies - even though I'm trying to access my TV Shows (the background art for TV Shows is blank, as in the second image).

Yo Marcos your skin is sick, and I mean that in the best possible way. Laugh I am using the latest version 2.7.1 with Voxcommando but I have the same problem as what MilhouseVH had mentioned. Basically the problem is that choosing either "Movies" or "Videos" normally from the main menu works perfectly, but whenever I use Voxcommando to call "Browse Movies" or "Browse TV Shows", the resulting Movies and/or TV Shows page do not stick to their designated viewtype and often reverts back to lists or sometimes the media flags will show up in one page and not the other. Alike MilhouseVH I believe that there seems be some problem with how the pages react to the ActivateWindow() command. Any solutions to this?
tboooe Wrote:Yes, if you have your movies in separate folders you can use generic names for the images (folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, banner.jpg, etc)

great thanks for confirming.

Sadly I have been unable to populate the extra thumbs cells when choosing this option is movies. I've tried directly in the named movie folder as 'extrathumbs1', 2 etc, as 'thumbs1', 2 etc and I've also tried them in a sub folder called 'extrathumbs' within the movie folder but to avail.

Most confused?

EDIT - all sorted (I think) just foudn two threads about this - printing out now to read tonight
Alael Wrote:Yeah, I also have my secondary HTPC auto start XBMC with Windows and it works fine. Eskro, just make sure you get rid of all the crap that may be starting up with Windows.

i only have needed stuff at windows boot...
i've cleaned everything that loads that i dont need already...
also, i might need to delay i guess because, my OS is installed on an SSD!
SSD might be the culprit Tongue

thx
tim, thank you for your donation. Laugh

Visit my website
MarcosQui Wrote:In this case there is a mistake for sure.

I am redoing the way how the titles are displayed, will soon have a test file for you.

Hi Marcos, this was the issue I had with the skin under the 10.1 release. The other issue I mentioned with the latest nightly builds (as you said not supported) is NOT connected to the skin. It seems to be an issue with the builds as you just cannot select any view apart from the list type views when browsing a playlist. Ticket has been logged for this... Thanks!
Anaglyph Wrote:Yo Marcos your skin is sick, and I mean that in the best possible way. Laugh I am using the latest version 2.7.1 with Voxcommando but I have the same problem as what MilhouseVH had mentioned. Basically the problem is that choosing either "Movies" or "Videos" normally from the main menu works perfectly, but whenever I use Voxcommando to call "Browse Movies" or "Browse TV Shows", the resulting Movies and/or TV Shows page do not stick to their designated viewtype and often reverts back to lists or sometimes the media flags will show up in one page and not the other. Alike MilhouseVH I believe that there seems be some problem with how the pages react to the ActivateWindow() command. Any solutions to this?

What build of XBMC are you using and one thing you can try is when you bring it up with VOX, bring up the side menu. What does it say at the top of the Menu, "Movies", "TV Shows" or "TYPE"?

EDIT: Let me know what it says in the Side Menu when the View reverts back to the List Type view obviously.
chippie Wrote:What build of XBMC are you using and one thing you can try is when you bring it up with VOX, bring up the side menu. What does it say at the top of the Menu, "Movies", "TV Shows" or "TYPE"?

EDIT: Let me know what it says in the Side Menu when the View reverts back to the List Type view obviously.

Hi Chippie Laugh Thanks for being such a cool dude and wanting to look into this! I am using XBMC v10.1. I have tried the stuff you suggested and the viewtype is always listed correctly in side tab in relation to what it is showing (even if it has changed the viewtype).

I did some further testing and was able to get a consistent result that should be easy to replicate by anyone who is using voice commands or even just a remote control that calls the "ActivateWindow()" commands.
=============================
These are my settings:
Movies= Showcase
TVShows= Showcase
TVShows>Episodes= Landscape

=============================
***Navigating with the keyboard to and from these menus, everything works perfectly fine.Navigating even with vox or the remote, everything works perfectly fine as long as I go through the linear route of reaching each page, i.e: select, back, left, select, back, right etc.***

The problems starts when I call the ActivateWindow() command to reach the Movies or TV Show page directly (does not matter what page I am currently on):
------------
a) IF Movies was the last window I visited via keyboard/linear navigation (regardless of whether I returned to the homescreen after that, so long as I didn't enter the TVShows screen), the newly called Movies window will display just fine.

b) IF TVShows was the last window I visited via keyboard/linear navigation, then the newly called Movies window will not display any media flags.

c) Now the exact same thing goes for the reverse case if I visited Movies last with they keyboard/linear navigation and called for TVShows, BUT with one exception. Since TVShows has a sub directory - Episodes (which I set to Landscape viewtype), not only will it not show media flags, the episodes page thereafter will change from Landscape to the List viewtype.
-----------
***Navigating with the keyboard/linear voice or remote navigation again, going to homescreen and re-entering Movies or TVShows, everything is back to normal (both display media flags and Episodes are back to Landscape view), but the moment you call a "shortcut" into either page, it will work depending on whether it was the last page you visited linearly.***
====================

Sorry if this is hard to understand, there are a lot of variables to it and I tried my best to test and list them out. Do let me know your findings, I am sure it will be a big help to everyone who is using a remote or vox! Nod
Anaglyph Wrote:I have tried the stuff you suggested and the viewtype is always listed correctly in side tab in relation to what it is showing (even if it has changed the viewtype).

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am not talking about the View (Showcase, File etc...) but what it says at the very top of the side menu. Can you confirm if it actually Says "MOVIES", "TVSHOWS" or "TYPES" when the view reverts to the List View.
chippie Wrote:Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am not talking about the View (Showcase, File etc...) but what it says at the very top of the side menu. Can you confirm if it actually Says "MOVIES", "TVSHOWS" or "TYPES" when the view reverts to the List View.

Marcos, will check this situation, there was a new implementation in the main menu buttons, for quick access to libraries and due to return home, which caused the problem mentioned, I posted in the forum voxcommando a detailed explanation on this matter so that James, hear and see what can be done on vox.
As for skin, Marcos still see what to do or not to bring back the functionality we had before.
Please wait, so I have something more definite on this. Who want more details, visit the forum voxcommando.

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232