• 222(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
Can someone explain what the new Cinema item on the home menu is about?

How is it different from the Movies menu. As far as I can tell, the difference is it has a sub-menu of Sets and when viewing the movie list, I get a Cinema Experience icon that says press Q or 0 to queue movies. And this icon stays there - kind of annoying if you don't want to queue up movies.

Thanks.
foghat Wrote:Can someone explain what the new Cinema item on the home menu is about?

How is it different from the Movies menu. As far as I can tell, the difference is it has a sub-menu of Sets and when viewing the movie list, I get a Cinema Experience icon that says press Q or 0 to queue movies. And this icon stays there - kind of annoying if you don't want to queue up movies.

Thanks.

It's the Cinema Experience addon, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563 , which allows one to configure trailers, slide shows, trivia etc...all stuff you would experience in a real movie theater.

Some people are into stuff like this but I dont fancy it much..but to each their own...
foghat Wrote:I get a Cinema Experience icon that says press Q or 0 to queue movies. And this icon stays there - kind of annoying if you don't want to queue up movies.

The "Q or 0" prompt seems to be a recent additon to the Cinema Experience script (normally accessed via a button on the detailed movie Info page) - prior to the most recent CE script update it didn't offer this prompt. It would be great if the prompt could be disabled as it spoils the experience somewhat when using the CE feature, and I'm really not sure what the point of the prompt is either.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just wondering how you install into apple tv2 and I see in zip there is two different folder.
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I found a bug (using latest 2.7.1) under the Multiplex view:

The "show/hide watched flag" option does not work. The watched flags are always shown under the Multiplex mode regardless of this setting.
MilhouseVH Wrote:The "Q or 0" prompt seems to be a recent additon to the Cinema Experience script (normally accessed via a button on the detailed movie Info page) - prior to the most recent CE script update it didn't offer this prompt. It would be great if the prompt could be disabled as it spoils the experience somewhat when using the CE feature, and I'm really not sure what the point of the prompt is either.

Lots of negative feedback on the Q/0 feature in the Cinema Experience thread, and it seems a solution was provided in v1.0.31 of CE but it required a a skin mod, is AeonMQ2 up to date in this respect?

I have v1.0.32 of CE installed and still get the Q/0 prompt when pressing Play on movies in the new Cinema menu, or is this intentional behaviour for the Cinema menu?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
uncertainty Wrote:It's the Cinema Experience addon, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563 , which allows one to configure trailers, slide shows, trivia etc...all stuff you would experience in a real movie theater.

Some people are into stuff like this but I dont fancy it much..but to each their own...

I have been using Cinema experience add on for some time now. However, with the latest aeon release there is an actual Cinema item on the home page - it may only exist if you have the cinema experience add-in, I am not sure.

Regardless, the Cinema main menu item seems to function the same as the Movie main menu item - except it has a Sets sub menu item and in the movie views you get the Cinema Experience add to queue icon.

Other than that, I don't understand what the purpose of the Cinema main menu item is. As the Sets sub-menu is not related to Cinema Experience and could have been added to the Movie menu item.
MilhouseVH Wrote:The "Q or 0" prompt seems to be a recent additon to the Cinema Experience script (normally accessed via a button on the detailed movie Info page) - prior to the most recent CE script update it didn't offer this prompt. It would be great if the prompt could be disabled as it spoils the experience somewhat when using the CE feature, and I'm really not sure what the point of the prompt is either.

Thing is, I only see this prompt if I use the Cinema main menu item, not if I use the Movies menu item. I really don't understand what value Cinema main menu item is supposed to add.
colbert Wrote:
DanMan Wrote:Hi Colbert,

Just highlight the cover you wish to change and press i on the keyboard, then select "get thumbs" then scroll down to the cover of your choice. Upon selection your new cover of choice should be shown....

Hope this helps

Need help, I can't do this any more, when I hit I for info on a TV Show, I get this:

There's no option for Get Thumbs, this is with all shows.

Bump... anyone?
Salem Wrote:In TV Shows, when banner view is enabled, hitting "i" brings up the info about the show with a picture of the banner instead of the poster, which means it's completely distorted. Would it be possible for the info pane to pull poster.jpg instead of banner.jpg?

It's not a big deal, just would make a clean look.

I'm having the same issue. I'd love to know if there is a fix for that.
Hi Marcos. Awesome job on the skin mod. A lot of flexibility in options.

There's a spelling error on the list view. Instead of "ITEMS', it shows as "ITENS'. For the screenshot, I'll take it when I'm at home since I'm now at work. I'll correct it locally whenever I'm free. Just to let you know on this.
foghat Wrote:Thing is, I only see this prompt if I use the Cinema main menu item, not if I use the Movies menu item. I really don't understand what value Cinema main menu item is supposed to add.

Yeah, I'm guessing this is "by design" as it seems this is how Cinema Eperience is meant to function when implemented as a dedicated "Cinema" menu, although quite why it would be necessary or desirable to queue up multiple movies on a regular basis is beyond me! Maybe if you wanted to watch Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 back-to-back... but how difficult is it just to click play on the next movie? Smile

However when implemented "embedded" (as a button, as it is on the Movies->Info page) you don't want (and fortunately now don't get) the annoying "Add to queue" prompt.

Personally I'll almost certainly be disabling the Cinema menu - I appreciate the effort that went into adding it, but it just doesn't "work" for me and is likely to be more confusing than anything else (it seems to duplicating a lot for little benefit). If I want the Cinema Experience - opening and closing red curtains, a random trailer streamed from the web, Pearl & Dean intro, it genuinely good fun the first couple of times! - I'll access it from the Info page. Smile
Thinking a bit more about the Cinema menu, what about an AeonMQ2 option to control the behaviour of the Select function (that's the OK button in the middle of the D-pad on my remote control).

In the Movies menu (on my system) by default the Select button will play the movie, but could an option "Select queues movie for Cinema Experience" be added to AeonMQ2, and if enabled then pressing Select on a movie would invoke the CE script as happens now on the Cinema menu. With the option disabled (default) then Select immediately plays the movie.

Pressing the Play button on a movie will always just play the movie without queueing or otherwise invoking Cinema Experience, but if people want the Play button to invoke CE as well then add an option for that too (disabled by default).

With such option(s) would there be the need for an entirely seperate Cinema menu?
It is by design of the script and the multiple feature was a fairly largely requested enhancement.. The script between 1.0.31 removed the Old Way of starting the script from the Info Window, 1.0.32 brought it back. This allows users to use the Info Window Activation on skins not supporting the redesign of the script. Or for skins like AeonMQ2 which allows for the Multiple Feature or also could be used as a Single Keypress(button press) activation(Ah.. the 'Q' or '0' zero) The Idea was to give the user an Either OR option from the Home Window, leaving the normal Movie Library or the slightly enhanced Cinema Experience Library.(I know I get tired of the script as well - I think I see it the most among users.) I guess I should have given a little more detail(in a single location).

There is very little duplication in the sense of the skin programming(just the menu tab) All the other windows are the same.

MilhouseVH Wrote:Yeah, I'm guessing this is "by design" as it seems this is how Cinema Eperience is meant to function when implemented as a dedicated "Cinema" menu, although quite why it would be necessary or desirable to queue up multiple movies on a regular basis is beyond me! Maybe if you wanted to watch Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 back-to-back... but how difficult is it just to click play on the next movie? Smile

However when implemented "embedded" (as a button, as it is on the Movies->Info page) you don't want (and fortunately now don't get) the annoying "Add to queue" prompt.

Personally I'll almost certainly be disabling the Cinema menu - I appreciate the effort that went into adding it, but it just doesn't "work" for me and is likely to be more confusing than anything else (it seems to duplicating a lot for little benefit). If I want the Cinema Experience - opening and closing red curtains, a random trailer streamed from the web, Pearl & Dean intro, it genuinely good fun the first couple of times! - I'll access it from the Info page. Smile
Friends, as was the beta1? Good? Bad? Can I proceed?

Another thing that I come to ask:
What you think of a place a single button to switch the view modes, for example:

Showcase Videos = on or off
Showcase Audio = on or off

Then no there would be several buttons - showcase for movies, tvshows, trailers, etc. .. only a single button to activate for all modes.

It would do this downgrade? I think make it easier for some users and also in the writing of the skin.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232