• 243(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
MarcosQui Wrote:I can not do all what people ask me, though I missed many days given to place their orders = logo instead of poster, poster instead of logo, no logo, no poster, etc., and yet you decided to use another skin, Then ... Huh

Marcos, I believe that you should treat all requests only as suggestions and then do what you think is best. This is your creation. And when it stops being fun, you should take a step back, walk away. Take a week off. We can wait. And when you come back you can admire what you have accomplished so far.

The skin is already a work of art, and if people choose to use other skins it is their loss, not yours.
VoxCommando.com
Personally i think you should focuse on getting that TV Guide function inside what you have already done (releasing some 2.7.2 version with the TV Guide), since it`s probably the most useful update as soon as possible. Then take a week to off and finish of the rest of 2.80 when you have time.
Aeon MQ2 is my favorite skin. I use it on my HTPC.
Is there any way to make a light version of the skin for apple TV2?
SpectreX, it´s a skin, I'm sure you can wait 3 weeks for it ;-)
SpectreX Wrote:Personally i think you should focuse on getting that TV Guide function inside what you have already done (releasing some 2.7.2 version with the TV Guide), since it`s probably the most useful update as soon as possible. Then take a week to off and finish of the rest of 2.80 when you have time.

Nope! Why should Marcos devote time to add something that is integrated in to v2.8.0 to the existing version just to get it out early because some people cannot wait patiently for it.

I think Marcos should focus on whatever he wants and take as long as he wants about it. This is not a paid for service so no disrespect SpectreX but I do not think any of us are in any position to ask Marcos to prioritise any parts of his releases.

I appreciate you are just raising a preferance but it just did not come across very well, to me at least.
Chill dudes, it was a suggestion, not a command. I know it`s not a paid service and Marcos can do whatever he feels necessary since it`s skin. I was just saing that MQ2 is almost perfect and the only major missing feature seems to be the TV Guide (other skins have it). Once that gets integrated, it will be the perfect/ideal skin, at least for me.

I wasn`t ordering the guy to do it, just giving out an ideea, i appreciate his work as much as everybody around here does.
MarcosQui Wrote:I can not do all what people ask me, though I missed many days given to place their orders = logo instead of poster, poster instead of logo, no logo, no poster, etc., and yet you decided to use another skin, Then ... Huh

No no no. don't get me wrong. i didn't mean anything by my statement. i still use ur skin MarcosQui. it's an amazing accomplishment and the way you've tried to cater to so many of our requests highly commendable. i think i've said that quite a few times in the past. i was simply responding to what gundam83 asked and told him were to look if he was really interested in a similar viewtype. that's all. i haven't jumped ship. Laugh
chippie Wrote:@Marcos, seems that every other post seems to be about issues relating to the nightly buids, perhaps it may be worth putting something at the top of the first post in this thread stating what XBMC version the current skin supports.

Not saying it will stop all the posts but perhaps a few.Big Grin

@s3verian please read three posts above yours for the release details of version 2.8.0

Can't expect me to read a 360+ page thread before I ask a question.No I have to at least pretend like I'm working!

An faq on the site's homepage would be helpful though....

Great skin btw Smile
This skin is great! I've been using it for quite some time already. Anyways, how do you get to have showcase view under Games? I'm using Advanced Launcher add-on btw to get game info/thumbs/fanart/ as well as launch the game itself. I would just like to use showcase view as its menu. Is that possible?

I;m currently stuck using Tall view:
http://img696.imageshack.us/i/screenshot005jg.png/
Hi Marcos, another suggestion here - can you make the rss feed bar longer like in other aeon skins? A bit on the short side for me. Can't wait for version 2.8!! Keep up the good work!!!
For the life of me, I still cannot figure out how to get the "random fanart" displayed by the Movies and TV Shows menu items to refresh. I've tried turning them off and on, but it doesn't give the right number of movies and tv shows that it says it processed. Anyone have any idea?
s3verian Wrote:Please help; submenus have disappeared! Shocked

I tried changing to pro mode, etc. but I can't get them back.... Also tried a new xbmc profile, and reinstalling aeon mq2, but still see the issue.

Any ideas?

Most likely you are using a pre 11.0 build nightly build. Unfortunately something they changed a few weeks ago broke the submenu's. Go back to Dharma and your problem is fixed. Or wait to see if a future update fixes the problem but I too had the same problem but have since went back to stable release. Hope this helps.
skid23 Wrote:hi thanks for your reply.. i'm not running a nightly i am running 10.1 as on the xbmc site..how would i go about replacing a script?..

thanks again mate

I had this problem when using a nightly build. Hitcher posted that fix that I posted in the previous response but that was to fix the problem in the nightly builds. However when switched back to 10.1 I had the same problem again. I deleted the script.recentlyadded directory from the addons folder it fixed my problem in 10.1. Someone with more knowledge of how the skin works should be helping you though. Good luck.
not relevent anymore... see below.
WOW....

And I don't mean that in a good way.

Spent about an hour on this skin, and am very very annoyed.

I am shocked at how much time would have been spent on this skin, yet the absolute most basic functionality was overlooked: ACCURATE CONTROL VIA A MOUSE

My HTPC only uses a Logitech MX Revolution mouse (customized buttons).

In the Confluence, I am about to just move my mouse to the left side of the screen to get the menu bar to pop-up.

Unfortunately, the way this skin is structured, the left menu bar only seems to popup like 5% of the time (because the scroll bar is on the left side perhaps instead of right where it is in 99% of apps).

To top that off, trying to customize the main menu was a major pain in the ass, I would have to go left/right and enter and up/down, but I couldn't MOVE my mouse, as even just hovering my mouse on another option would kick me out of the option I was in.

The skin has HORRIBLE input/output control.

Finally, you would think that with a skin that is as detailed as this, I would atleast have the ability to change the views within playlists.

IE: If I have 3 Movie Playlists, Movies1, #2, and #3. I want POSTER VIEW in #1, LIST view in #2, and some other view in #3. Unfortunately I can't even do that, and every time I change a view in either 1, 2, 3, the view is saved on all 3.

Sad to say that as much as I like the skin, if I can't even use my mouse to navigate around it effeciently and have to resort to a keyboard, that really really sucks.

I appreciate the work thats been put into this, but perhaps spend the next bit of time on the coding so the skin actually loads properly when the mouse hovers around it.

For instance, look at this, I'm trying to go to the MOVIES selection by moving my mouse over it and it doesn't even light up, yet when I left click MOVIES, it goes to freaking SETTINGS because its SETTINGS thats centralized.

Navigating within this skin is horrendous, surely I can't be the only one out there using a mouseHuh

Anyways, thats my feedback:

I'll attempt to use the skin again in a few months (or earlier if you msg me and say the navigation problem is fixed), but its pretty unusable to me in its current state.

Switching back to confluence... its not as fancy, but atleast it gets me where I need it to get me...
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232