• 260(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
lewisc Wrote:I am looking forward to the public release of this today. Can't wait for the update! Big Grin

me too!!
Version 2.8.0 released officially.

Already available in the repository of the skin or in version . zip on my site. Read the first post of this topic to see news and links.

I want to make a special thanks to all donators who participated in the tests, without you this launch would not be possible. Nod

Changelog 2.8.0

New - Lite Mode, which uses low resources, suitable for Low End HTPCs .
New - Support to Next Aired script.
New - Shelf view - support the Movies, Shows and Serials.
New - CoverFlow view - support the Movies, and Music Shows and Serials.
New - Widget 'Skin Status'. He tells the theme used, style used, version of the skin and a button to check for updates.
New - Popup progress reports that update the skin.
New - Configuration window for the view modes, now it's easier to turn on and off, and there is a preview of each mode.
New - Landscape now supports landscape.jpg.
New - View Mode Wide now supports alternative banner.
New - Media Case for Bluray 3D.
New - New Color for default Media Case.
New - Support for colors in all skin.
New - Improved access to audio/video controls via the keyboard in main menu.
New - Button to reset all settings of the skin, corrects errors and improves the browsing speed.
New - Option to turn off the Movie Cover in OSD.
New - Translation Updated - Spanish - thanks to tonigb for that.

Fix - Custom Background for Weather Weather.plus.
Fix - Missing submenu during audio visualization in main menu.
Fix - Missing submenu in XBMC Eden pre 11.
Fix - Overlay the video window with weather in the main menu.
Fix - Default background for TVshows.
Fix - Low List view, the clearart gets in the way of the Info Panel.
Fix - WIDE view, included watched flag if the list is focused.
Fix - Inclusion of German Rating in DialogFullScreenInfo (thanks to mad-max).
Fix - ShowCase view for Playlist, scripts, programas and pictures.
Fix - small fix of language.
Fix - If you add a new menu is not displayed correctly the bar red or blue - enabled and disabled.
Fix - Fanart Fallback function does not work properly for the collection and SmartPlaylist.
Fix - Maximize List in Low List view causes info to overlap.
Fix - Low List view, "Director" label with translation error.
Fix - Thumb on OSD it does not look good when the show is in 4:3 format.
Fix - When using Landscape on the OSD as thumb, no thumbnail is displayed.
Fix - Multi DVD setup, the selection popup for the Part 1, Part 2 etc. not very clear.
Fix - Recently Added/TVshow plot - Fixed problem with text overlapping in some cases, and was included the scroll.
Fix - ShowCase view for Music Videos, mode Trigger does not work correctly.

Change - Shortcut customisation - Cinema, PseudoTV and TV Guide - appear only if you have the addon installed.
Change - Video Fanart Splitter(random background) is no longer more included in the skin. You must install the add-on.

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Gerd, thank you for your donation. Laugh

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Read the first post, about how download new version 2.8.0.
I Have worked with Marcos a long time in this new version, and the result is an skin more powerfull and very beautifull.

ENJOY!!

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
aeon automatically updated whilst i watching a tv program, i selected yes when prompt came up and asked whether i wanted to use skin.

skin failed to load, all i got was the home screen bar but with no text.

uninstalled skin manually by deleting folders in users/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addon folder

reinstalled via repo but skin appears to download too quickly and then gives me exactly the same problem when reinstalled? any ideas?
icky Wrote:aeon automatically updated whilst i watching a tv program, i selected yes when prompt came up and asked whether i wanted to use skin.

skin failed to load, all i got was the home screen bar but with no text.

uninstalled skin manually by deleting folders in users/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addon folder

reinstalled via repo but skin appears to download too quickly and then gives me exactly the same problem when reinstalled? any ideas?

I've got exactly the same here, started xbmc (stable), it found some new tv shows i added yesterday and updated some of my addons (tvdb, xbmc subtitles) and then when i was watching my series, it updated the skin from repository. Going to settings via S button does not work either, the only thing i see is the bar where it puts the weather information (18 degrees etc)

screenshot ^

i tried deleting the skin like icky did, but it doesn't seem to work when reinstalling indeed.

edit: got confluence to work to install the skin via zip as instructed in the first post, but that gives me the exact same results. Deleted the repo plugin, and the skin again, got confluence started, installing zip without any 'trace" of aeon mq2 left, but it still gives me the same black screen as in the screenshot. My os is windows 7 pro 64bit, videocard is an older ati radeon hd2300 (in a laptop) but i don't think that's causing the problems.

Hope you can find what's wrong, if u need any more information, let me know and i'll happily provide it. Keep doing what u'r doing Marcos, the skin is absolutely amazing! Big Grin
Hello friends,

download this and install manually
http://xbmcaeonmq.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...-2.8.0.zip

this is for windows version:
unzip here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Nod

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
djbarney, this type of error was not reported by anyone who participated in testing the release candidates. Huh

Have you tried deleting the guisettings.xml?

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Visit my website
If you got the issue with no menus and black background fix it by the following:

1. Press "S"
2. Go to "Customise"
3. Purge/Clear the skin

Btw whats up with the Colours (digital art, etc)?
I cant really see any difference.
MarcosQui Wrote:djbarney, this type of error was not reported by anyone who participated in testing the release candidates. Huh

Have you tried deleting the guisettings.xml?

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

this worked for me thanks!
Wanilton Wrote:Hello friends,

download this and install manually
http://xbmcaeonmq.svn.sourceforge.net/vi...-2.8.0.zip

this is for windows version:
unzip here:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Nod

Wanilton

i tried this, resulted in exactly the same issue. I now did a full clean install of xbmc, installed the zip wanilton provided and now it works (gotta re-scan my library, but that's not a real big deal). I'll stay away from using the repository plugin for now though. @ snyft, S did not give me anything visible to go to "customize" to, i couldn't see anything change when pressing S. I'll see if i can recreate the problem with installing the older version and then letting the repo update it again. Will then try to delete guisettings to see if that would work Smile
deleting guisettings fixed the black screen problem.

cheers Smile
snyft Wrote:If you got the issue with no menus and black background fix it by the following:

1. Press "S"
2. Go to "Customise"
3. Purge/Clear the skin

Btw whats up with the Colours (digital art, etc)?
I cant really see any difference.

Yes, your tip is valid, thanks.

The colors should only be used if you have other themes, the colors follow the theme in use.

Visit my website
Please, if someone uses version 2.7.1 was able to update the skin properly, please, inform here. If it is a general problem, I will remove the skin from the repository and redo the tests.

Visit my website
I also got the black screen after the auto-update. I closed xbmc, reopened it -> still black. But after I navigated a view times(up/down) the skin reappeared. Can´t recreate it... pretty strange.

I think i found one tiny bug:
For the episode selection in TV-Shows I use the Landscape-View.
When the info-panel is triggered(up) the sidemenu appears as well as the Info-Panel.
I already tried the new "restart skin" option, didn´t help.

Besides that the new version works like a charm. I really appreciate your endless effort.

HTPC: i3-540, 4GB DDR3, Win7-64, Harmony One
  • 260(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232